What I Like About ShopLC

MayFlowers

What I Like About ShopLC

Post by MayFlowers » 10 months ago

In case I’m perma banned soon for talking about gem facts, I wanted to take the chance to say what I like about ShopLC. I like that the models and hosts aren’t stick thin like other channels. I like that they have plus size and slightly curvy people.
I like the smocked waist dresses they aired recently, got 2 long ones and a few of the white short ones with the matching denim jacket. Many compliments, adore that outfit.
I like when they show outfits and accessories on their curvy hosts and models. Very inclusive.

I like that they are live, sometimes there are natural moments between hosts which is fun. When Michele and Tony presented patroke kunzite, a customer asked Michele if the color was natural. Sweet Michele thought that the stones came out of the ground that way, and stated as such. Then Tony gently said “I would assume that all stones are treated unless stated otherwise.” And repeated the statement, trying to get back to talking about the ring and avoid talking about stone treatments. Just natural, off the cuff moments are fun.
I do like ShopLC as the fun channel, I think they stand out that way. I would like to hear about Tony’s wedding when he returns, hope he takes a moment for it.
5 x

FarmMom

Re: What I Like About ShopLC

Post by FarmMom » 10 months ago

Thankyou May,

I also like the curvy models, and like that they do try them on. The best was when Chuck wore the rhinestone hats . . . I was dying and Mr. Producer was dying of anger, ahhaaha
1 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 10 months ago

Good morning Mayflowers....

I completely agree with the reasons to like ShopLC that you stated :)
They are a more "down to Earth" kind of set up with many funny times going on when presenting but thank goodness most of the Hosts are not stuck on themselves and know when to stop talking about themselves or other non secuquesal things

As for the plus size gals....I like it too
I know there are a few skinny ones but all in all the gals are regular sizes
Ms. H is so beautiful with her height......
One night I was watching and two of the Hosts were presenting some kind of outfit, I can't remember now but oh do I recall what happened:

Apparently someone called the one Host a bone and all of a sudden she got mad saying that kindness is so much easier to be, and the other one started with her sayings of "it's so easy to be kind and to stop being mean" something to that effect
So for the next 15 minutes or so that one Host kept sounding off about being called a "bone"
If I recall the Host said that a person wrote in asking why the plus size model was wearing a tight outfit and that the one Host made a comment about being able to wear the tiny size outfit, something to that effect

I have to say, I was surprised that the Host made the comment and after that kerfuffle I too was thinking the same way about the poor plus size model...the comment was not necessary to say right next to the Model
Of course they tried to cover up with excuses as to why the Model was wearing that outfit so tight but I felt bad for her :cry:

Anywho.....I also like the excitement that some of the Hosts have when presenting, you can see they like being there and can always tell when they are comfortable with certain fellow workers :)
Of course I LOVE the "under 10" Friday shows.....who wouldn't right?
2 x

MaeWest1953

FarmMom wrote:
10 months ago
Thankyou May,

I also like the curvy models, and like that they do try them on. The best was when Chuck wore the rhinestone hats . . . I was dying and Mr. Producer was dying of anger, ahhaaha
Good morning FarmMom...

I liked your comment because you support the plus size beauties :)
As many know I can't support the other person...lol
What I like too is the gals wear the clothes if they are going to be selling some in their time slot :) :)
2 x

lah2001

Post by lah2001 » 10 months ago

I really like that they have older women hosts, too. And hosts of different ethnicities.

I like that the hosts all have their own personalities; they are not just interchangeable clones of each other. Whether or not one responds to any particular personality is one's own choice, but it's great that there ARE different personalities. Otherwise, I think the hosting would be very boring.
4 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 10 months ago

Maywest,

what a CRAZY on air story! Oh gosh how humiliating for that poor model! I'm guessing she put it on, saw it wasn't * right but didn't have time to change. My friend was given a shirt yesterday for our last day of school (we were staff and got matching shirts), her size was guessed and she had always been a VERY large lady but lost 183lbs in the last few years. She looked GOOD.

Anyway, she began putting on the shirt and and started thrashing around, yanking and pulling on it and ripping the seams on purpose. I had just finished changing into mine and poked my head out of the stall to see what was going on. "Shannon! What are you doing?!" I yelled at her laughing.

She looked up at me with wide, panic-stricken eyes, "it's too tight!"

I gave her the side eye, "it looks GOOD! Stop pulling on it; it fits just right!"

The lesson I learned, was that it's hard NOT to be conscience of how clothes look, and the curvier you are or were, the HARDER it is.

As for the poor model stuck wearing tight clothes and listening to the banter from the other hosts, I cannot imagine. I'm so glad I didn't have to see that. I would have been furious. Modeling clothes live on TV takes a lot of guts, and since most women are self concience of their shape or size, it can be a big fear to overcome.

I agree with you Lah . . . having a variety of different types of hosts brings more flavor to the show :)
4 x

MaeWest1953

Oh FarmMom...your poor fellow worker :(

Thanks for sharing that...how sad for your co-worker but wow, congrats on her losing that amount of weight :)
How exciting she must be to be more healthier too

I am trying to remember the exact words that the one Host said in response to the viewer that complained because I wasn't privy to what that person wrote (they didn't read it like they usually do out loud)
However it was referring to the plus size model and maybe the comment the other Host (the Bone as the viewer called that host) made while putting on the same top in the "extra small" size right in front of the model

Here's what the defending Host said to the person who complained:
We are not being mean to the model, it wasn't intentional that her outfit was tight, it's because we didn't have her size or ran short of that particular outfit so she agreed to wear what we had

Oh okay then Hosts....is that the best they could come up with?
You know I had heard what was said and I had thought to myself that it wasn't necessary to be letting us know that you wear an extra small size especially in front of the beautiful plus size model :(
But then when the one Host started complaining and was livid to be called a bone is when it caught my attention even more!!
3 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 10 months ago

I hate it when some plus sized models wear their clothes too tight just because they don’t want to go up 1 size. Ridiculous! Snug and ill * clothes look bad on anybody no matter what your size is. I’ve seen this happen on Shop Hq and HSN with models a lot. A couple of times the host actually told the model she needed to go up a size and actually carried over the larger size jacket to put on the model and it looked so much better. Also just because clothing is made for all types of people it doesn’t necessarily mean it will fit you, sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and find a good tailor. I have a dear elderly friend who is an excellent seamstress and I’m always having her take in my clothes because I’m are hard fit, stuck between petite and misses sizes.
4 x

MaeWest1953

Bella.....

I totally agree with you, there is nothing worse than seeing a plus size gal wearing tight clothes....I am plus sized and no way am I going to sport the "Michelin Man" look!
Even when I was wearing Misses sizes I couldn't stand snug * clothes, I like comfort :)
Sure I would like to wear certain styles that those with smaller sizes can wear but I am reasonable, I don't have any business trying to push my weight into small clothes styles....teehee

It's good that you have a Seamstress....how cool is that :)
My pet peeve is those who wear button down shirts and the blouse is SO TIGHT that the buttons will fly off or you can see the bra etc. :shock:
Also when the rolls of skin are showing all over the place because the gal is wearing a crop top and tight pants or shorts!
2 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 10 months ago

Mae yes, I’m fortunate to have a great seamstress friend, and I do pay her well for her work, sometimes I will even bake her a nice dessert or bring her a casserole for diner because she doesn’t have much family left close buy. Speaking of button down shirts I do love a white Oxford tailored button down shirt with jeans and nice bold pieces of jewelry, thats kinda my go to look, classy but comfy!
3 x