Modini ring

Serge

Re: Modini ring

Post by Serge » 10 months ago

I’ve cancelled two different rings both supposedly Modani but I think I was able to do that because it wasn’t going to ship for a while. I even got a quick refund so go check to see if you still cancel your ring and good luck!
2 x

Shopper7192

Post by Shopper7192 » 10 months ago

Since it was not yet midnight and I knew I had about 30 minutes to do so, I went ahead and cancelled the order just to be on the safe side. I did look at the item description and the treatment was oiling which is the best treatment for an emerald as you wouldn't want one that had been done otherwise.

What I didn't like was that on the item title as it was presented live on air it did say Modani and also once I purchased it in my order history it showed Modani in the title for the ring but whenever I clicked on the link to the page for it Modani was not listed anywhere in the title or on the page for the ring. Red flag number 1 for me. Then I read the reviews. One person stated that their ring was not hallmarked 14K at all. Red flag number 2. Then it didn't even show where the Emerald came from ie: Zambia, Columbia, Brazil, etc... So after reading everything here and what I was seeing I considered it was best for me to just cancel the order rather than risk it and have to hassle with returning it for any of the reasons that might have arrived like others have noted.

However I did go to the Modani website and I was able to easily find their contact email address, their phone number and there was also a contact us link so I don't know why it was not available to FarmMom previously.

For reference the site I went to was modanijewelsdotcom.. all that info is right there at the bottom of the page.
5 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 10 months ago

About my experience with emeralds at this company : I bought some rings with emerald from them, usually their AAA Kagem emeralds with oiling treatment, which is the common treatment for emeralds. The jeweler confirmed they are decent true stones. My max. pay was around $ 120 for a white gold ring with a 7x5 inch emerald stone and little zircon halo. The ring is very thin and has a minimalist presence that I like. I applied a coupon to get the price. Next day, they change the price at $ 249. They play yoyo with their prices frequently. I also got the same ring for my daughter on auction for $ 84. I recently bought a band style ring with emeralds and zircons on auction for $26. On their site it is listed at $229, which in my opinion was their start price that must have gotten down to $49.99 their usual standard price.
3 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 10 months ago

Shopper7192 wrote:
10 months ago
Since it was not yet midnight and I knew I had about 30 minutes to do so, I went ahead and cancelled the order just to be on the safe side. I did look at the item description and the treatment was oiling which is the best treatment for an emerald as you wouldn't want one that had been done otherwise.

What I didn't like was that on the item title as it was presented live on air it did say Modani and also once I purchased it in my order history it showed Modani in the title for the ring but whenever I clicked on the link to the page for it Modani was not listed anywhere in the title or on the page for the ring. Red flag number 1 for me. Then I read the reviews. One person stated that their ring was not hallmarked 14K at all. Red flag number 2. Then it didn't even show where the Emerald came from ie: Zambia, Columbia, Brazil, etc... So after reading everything here and what I was seeing I considered it was best for me to just cancel the order rather than risk it and have to hassle with returning it for any of the reasons that might have arrived like others have noted.

However I did go to the Modani website and I was able to easily find their contact email address, their phone number and there was also a contact us link so I don't know why it was not available to FarmMom previously.

For reference the site I went to was modanijewelsdotcom.. all that info is right there at the bottom of the page.

It was over Christmas I belive, and I had made the post on here about it, which ShopLC deleted. Then they went on a rampage trying to explain everything I had written in my post in case anyone had read it before they deleted it. I'm sure they have since edited the website. But you still cannot buy on the webiste. It's set-up to act like you can, but they never set-up a registered bank account with it, so purchases cannot go through.

It also appears to be a wordpress website . . . a bit ODD for a high end company to NOT have a hand coded site . . . also odd that they didn't have an Instagram account until 2019 . .
2 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 10 months ago

Shopper7192, I’m so glad that you were able to cancel your order. Seems like whenever there is a clearance, orders get invoiced quicker so then you have to call to cancel and I HATE to call Shop LC for anything!
2 x

Shopper7192

@FarmMom I wonder if there are any websites on the net that have true reviews for Modani pieces aside from Shop LC? I personally haven't checked but it seems like you have done some research so thought I would ask.. ;)

@Bella Thanks, I have been paying close attention to when the invoicing takes place and it seems it is always usually anywhere from Midnight to about 1:30am CST. So I was able to catch it in time thank goodness because yes CS will say that they will send a "request" to cancel an order but in my case it NEVER gets cancelled no matter how many chats or emails I send to remind them they will still always ship it out anyway. :oops:
2 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 10 months ago

I found this site. modanijewels.com

It has it's address NY too. I am not sure if it's the same co.
Last edited by Lacy 10 months ago, edited 4 times in total.
1 x

Shopper7192

@Lacy Yeah that is the same site that I mentioned above. That is where I saw their contact info at the bottom of the page. I didn't end up buying a piece from Shop LC but if anyone reading this has any questions about one they might have purchased it might be a good thing to contact them like you said if you can get a response.
0 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 10 months ago

Sorry Shopper7192, I didn't see your post on the address. I am unable to delete it, no need to duplicate. haha.
0 x

Shopper7192

No problem ;) @Lacy
0 x