Modini ring

Shiloh

Re: Modini ring

Post by Shiloh » 10 months ago

If I were on any gem team, it would be team pearl.

I adore pearls.
0 x

Mapper

Post by Mapper » 10 months ago

Shiloh wrote:
10 months ago
I am not anti @FarmMom , for crying out loud. I have my own opinions which may differ with hers, or may coincide.

Oh, for some maturity. Cannot a newer voice be heard here?

I don't think she wants to "run the show". That would be so boring.
Just use quinquagenarian or sexagenarian. The "M" word must have struck a nerve. :roll:
0 x

MayFlowers

Post by MayFlowers » 10 months ago

@Shiloh , Farmmom did NOT say that anyone from Modani is a "scammer"- this is drastically putting words and false claims in her mouth.
Farmmom provided facts, like the fact that the Modani business is traced back to the same address as ShopLC. It's obvious that ShopLC has subsidiaries and sister companies, no? An example of a subsidiary would be Tamsy, or those hideous patchwork purses, I think called Khaos brand? An example of a sister company would be JTV in the UK. Why is it so unimaginable that Modani could be a subsidiary, similar to the other brands they show? Can you find information about Modani outside of ShopLC or the Modani website itself (you'll notice Tamsy has it's own separate website as well). If you have other information, please share. But this "nu uhhh" argument is not working well against facts and questions regarding those facts.
2 x

Shiloh

Post by Shiloh » 10 months ago

I know how to do homework. Modani is legit.
0 x

Mapper

Post by Mapper » 10 months ago

colljoe wrote:
10 months ago
Yeah Shiloh Darling...the gig is up. You sound EXACTLY like Team Peridot. Go to bed, because you are boring.
It's "jig" with a "j".
Last edited by Mapper 10 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

MayFlowers

Post by MayFlowers » 10 months ago

@Shiloh I'm not insulting your intelligence. We are all trying to be informed consumers. Have you looked up the address matching the telephone number for Modani? As well as the business license? Have you seen other mentions of Modani outside of SLC or the Modani website as I mentioned? I'm genuinely curious what research you have done and what you have discovered. There is no need to be defensive, I am just asking questions. Questions should never offend anyone.
3 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 10 months ago

I’m no longer wasting my breathe or time. Ladies just ignore, ignore,ignore.
3 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 10 months ago

Shiloh wrote:
10 months ago
@FarmMom , You have called Modani scammers. You are mistaken. They are legit.
You have visited their store in person? Bought directly from their website? if the answer is "No", then you cannot claim they are legit. I have actually TRIED to purchase from their website. It's not set-up. I've run and built enough websites to know how things work. Theirs was NEVER full set-up to ever allow buying.

Are they a legit company? yes. yes they are. Are they a high-end famous ring designer company? Nope. Do they have nice designs? yes. Are they original? I cannot say. Very likely they are knock-offs from another company/designer. Also might be why half their items have no maker's mark.

If you do enough research, it's not hard to see what they are. It's sad, there ARE some very nice designer companies out there too...
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 10 months ago

Shopper7192 wrote:
10 months ago
christee wrote:
10 months ago
The other night there was a Modani ring presented and the maker's mark was SD and supposedly Modani changed to a new one- this means SD is "old stock". I did some digging around and found SD rings on another jewelry shopping channel, some were set in 10k gold with golden color diamonds. Why would a top tier jewelry maker offer products priced over $100k on their website and then much cheaper ones in at least 2 shopping channels?
I thought that I had seen that SD before.. I did look for it in the Jewelry Maker's Mark Database and did not see it so I cant tell who it belongs to. :(

In regards as to why a jewelry designer who makes $100K+ jewelry pieces offers lower priced products for much cheaper on a couple other venues? My first guess would be to bring their pieces to a "broader spectrum" of the demographic (middle class) because unless you are very well off, a millionaire, billionaire, actor, actress etc.. You cant afford those they are offering from their main website. So in order to offer more affordable designs for the rest of the population there would have to be something else available that is much less expensive and not over priced.. (Just my 2 cents)

Probably not worded just right but you guys are super smart and know what I mean.. ;)
Hi Ladies......
I have read several posts about the SD mark on rings being sold. During and after the pandemic, jewelry pieces were presented with a SD mark, and I recall hosts saying the pieces were marked as such because they were supposd to be for the CRUISE LINES. And that with cruises cancelled they ended up with pieces they of course were "never supposed to have"

** there was also a STD mark was inside rings. That MIGHT be what I am remembering as destined for cruise lines**

Keep in mind, I'm only repeating what I remember the hosts claiming. 😊

-Gypsy
4 x

Leanderlynne

Post by Leanderlynne » 10 months ago

Talking about gold, have you seen where they make the items look bigger than they actually are? I purchased a pair of gold hoop earrings and GOOD LAWD they are teeny tiny! Back they go and a lesson learned :shock:
1 x