Modini ring

Iowagemgal

Modini ring

Post by Iowagemgal » 10 months ago

Sunday there was a presentation from Kim and Karen and Ankur chimed in on a Modini morganite ring with pink diamonds I just received mine in the mail and it’s not a Modini ring so I just rewatched the show and they were 100 percent introduced this ring as Modini even referring to Modini website so now it’s clearance and I can’t return the ring I am very unhappy to be lied to. Now I don’t trust Kim Karen Ankur or shop lc
5 x

christee

Re: Modini ring

Post by christee » 10 months ago

Is there a maker's mark inside the band?
I remember watching months ago one of their presentations for a Modani ring and they said some might not have a mark but assured viewers it was Modani.
6 x

Iowagemgal

Post by Iowagemgal » 10 months ago

Only mark is 14k stamped when I called customer service they said it was not a Modini thank goodness I kept the recording of the show shame on them for telling customers something different from what they are expecting to get
7 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 10 months ago

I would call customer service and demand a refund and that you re-watched the video and they stated Modani. You can always tell them you will file a BBB complaint as well. Do not take their BS!
4 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 10 months ago

Hello Iowagemgal.....

I saw your comment regarding your situation in another thread and I am glad to see you actually posted a new topic so everyone can see what you are experiencing
Too bad that you now have to jump thru hoops to hopefully receive a full refund

Sometimes I wonder if the Hosts really don't realize the stones are fake themselves
I say this because Karen is such a decent person and I feel in my heart she would never lie
She has shown to many of us that she cares about the customers, no dramatics or lying that I have ever seen

The others I have nothing nice to say so I will stay quiet..
4 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 10 months ago

Iowa girl,

I am so sorry to hear about your experiences!

As previously stated in a post that was likely deleted by ShopLC, Modani is not a legit company. It's a FACE. That's it. I've been to their website and you CANNOT buy anything. ShopLC read my post and made the comment on air that you can only "buy with special appointments". BS. You cannot BUY because the website is set-up to PRETEND to let you buy. It's all fake though. They had a $100,000 ring that rang up in my shopping cart as $0.00, so for giggles I began the checkout process to see if they had made a big mistake. The site kept saying their system was having errors.

So I tried a different ring. Same issue. I tried a week later. Same issue. They had NO e-mail, and NO customer service number on their site. Do YOU think a big wig high dollar company is NOT going to offer a way for high dollar clients to get ahold of them from their website? NO.

It's ONE THING to list an item as "call to set-up and appointment" like I've seen some places do. But this site actually is set-up to LOOK like you can buy.

Further research online shows that what ShopLC tells us about Modani is all lies. The company is Indian, like theirs. But it's just ONE NAME of MANY the actual company goes by. If you call the number there are like 20 different companies you have to pick from. If you look up the address, it's a tiny hole in the wall shack apartment in a shady area of New York. Sorry, if I was going to set-up an appointment to SPEND $100,000 on gems I'm NOT going to be going THERE. ICK.

There have also been reports on here from others that some of the items were not as described.

Side note . . . I thought it was illegal to sell gold without a makers mark on it? Maybe I'm wrong . . .

What part of Iowa are your from? I've got some friends out there!
2 x

FarmMom

MaeWest1953 wrote:
10 months ago
Hello Iowagemgal.....

I saw your comment regarding your situation in another thread and I am glad to see you actually posted a new topic so everyone can see what you are experiencing
Too bad that you now have to jump thru hoops to hopefully receive a full refund

Sometimes I wonder if the Hosts really don't realize the stones are fake themselves
I say this because Karen is such a decent person and I feel in my heart she would never lie
She has shown to many of us that she cares about the customers, no dramatics or lying that I have ever seen

The others I have nothing nice to say so I will stay quiet..
May, I think likely they don't, and also I'm sure they WON'T bother to glance too long at something either. If you have any sort of conceince it would be hard to, in good faith, lie realizing an item is not what it claims and then try to sell it to others. Any of them with gem knowledge will recognize an item isn't what they claim. I don't recall too much of what Karen says, so you may be correct that she backs off any claims on the items.
2 x

CaribbeanGirl

Post by CaribbeanGirl » 10 months ago

BIRDS OF A FEATHER, FLOCK TOGETHER
3 x

Shopper7192

Post by Shopper7192 » 10 months ago

Oh Lawd!! :o I just purchased the Emerald ring that Jessica presented tonight as this is my birthstone and the hubby said I could get it for our Anniversary at the beginning of July. :shock: After reading this I am wondering if I need to cancel my order ASAP??!! :?:
3 x

FarmMom

Shopper7192 wrote:
10 months ago
Oh Lawd!! :o I just purchased the Emerald ring that Jessica presented tonight as this is my birthstone and the hubby said I could get it for our Anniversary at the beginning of July. :shock: After reading this I am wondering if I need to cancel my order ASAP??!! :?:
I don't know if they will let you cancel . . . last I knew they gave you MAYBE 2-3 hrs before it was locked in. I tried canceling once, and called customer service, they said they'd cancel it. NOPE. 3 times I called, and each time they said the same. It was still sent. It still arrived, and I could not send back.

With that said, certain gems I would not take a chance on with the LC. Rubies, sapphires and emeralds. Ok, anything high dollar. My rule of thumb is, if I cannot SEE the actual stone/ring I am buying, there is too great a risk of getting something poor. When they present, they show the best of the best.

With emeralds, there are MANY treatments applied, some acceptable, some not. You would do well to read the actual description of the item you bought so you KNOW what they disclose, then read up online on emerald treatments and how to detect them. A few cheap and easy options are a pocket microscope (under $20, brand is Carson on amazon) or a blacklight flashligh, you want the one that shows 365 or 370 light if I remember correctly. But again, read up online.

PS- my birthstone is also emerald. I bought two online this year, decent size 3 ct each for under $40 each on another site. Not top quality, but a good price nonetheless!
2 x