Modini ring

FarmMom

Re: Modini ring

Post by FarmMom » 10 months ago

Shopper7192 wrote:
10 months ago
@FarmMom I wonder if there are any websites on the net that have true reviews for Modani pieces aside from Shop LC? I personally haven't checked but it seems like you have done some research so thought I would ask.. ;)

@Bella Thanks, I have been paying close attention to when the invoicing takes place and it seems it is always usually anywhere from Midnight to about 1:30am CST. So I was able to catch it in time thank goodness because yes CS will say that they will send a "request" to cancel an order but in my case it NEVER gets cancelled no matter how many chats or emails I send to remind them they will still always ship it out anyway. :oops:

I did spend a good deal of time looking around. Not much to be found on a supposedly "designer" company. Not to say they don't have great looking items (far nicer than SLC), but the company is not as legit as they claim.

Their online social media is VERY small, and has only been running since 2019, likely when they first hooked up with SLC. Very little info online about them other than what SLC mentions.

It's POSSIBLE their designs are actually knockoffs from another designer, hence the extreme prices on their site. If you think about it, it DOES make sense. You wouldn't want a huge amount of people knowing who you are and seeing something that is a knock off . . also why there is no MAKER'S MARK on the inside, you cannot hold them legally liable for a knockoff that way . ..

heck . . . my gemstone sellers are no name guys in Thailand and THEY have more followers than the supposedly high end Modani . . .
2 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 9 months ago

Modani Company represents many different types of Businesses, there is even a Modani Furniture Branch of the Company with stores in New York City. I suspect these two companies are also connected somewhere along the many blurred lines of the so called "Gem Industry"
2 x

christee

Post by christee » 9 months ago

The other night there was a Modani ring presented and the maker's mark was SD and supposedly Modani changed to a new one- this means SD is "old stock". I did some digging around and found SD rings on another jewelry shopping channel, some were set in 10k gold with golden color diamonds. Why would a top tier jewelry maker offer products priced over $100k on their website and then much cheaper ones in at least 2 shopping channels?
1 x

Shopper7192

Post by Shopper7192 » 9 months ago

christee wrote:
9 months ago
The other night there was a Modani ring presented and the maker's mark was SD and supposedly Modani changed to a new one- this means SD is "old stock". I did some digging around and found SD rings on another jewelry shopping channel, some were set in 10k gold with golden color diamonds. Why would a top tier jewelry maker offer products priced over $100k on their website and then much cheaper ones in at least 2 shopping channels?
I thought that I had seen that SD before.. I did look for it in the Jewelry Maker's Mark Database and did not see it so I cant tell who it belongs to. :(

In regards as to why a jewelry designer who makes $100K+ jewelry pieces offers lower priced products for much cheaper on a couple other venues? My first guess would be to bring their pieces to a "broader spectrum" of the demographic (middle class) because unless you are very well off, a millionaire, billionaire, actor, actress etc.. You cant afford those they are offering from their main website. So in order to offer more affordable designs for the rest of the population there would have to be something else available that is much less expensive and not over priced.. (Just my 2 cents)

Probably not worded just right but you guys are super smart and know what I mean.. ;)
1 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 9 months ago

I noticed the other night they had a men's modani TANZANITE ring! Finally getting the guys in on the tanzanite! Although seems to be far too late. persoanlly, it looked like a normal SLC ring , even one I had bought maybe 6 months ago but with a tanzanite instead of a petalite in it . . .
1 x

Shiloh

Post by Shiloh » 9 months ago

@FarmMom , You have called Modani scammers. You are mistaken. They are legit.
1 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 9 months ago

@Shiloh........

CORRECTION!!!!
FarmMom is VERY EDUCATED in stones and jewelry, and the reason her post was deleted is because she does lengthy homework and speaks the truth and the powers that be at ShopLC don't like the hear the truth!

You have just shown up in this forum (a newbie) and all of a sudden you are an expert on what FarmMom is stating.....too funny :lol:
Geez I must have missed this post because I am just reading all the comments from 3 weeks ago, I know I get busy but I do my best to get back here.....lol
2 x

Shiloh

Post by Shiloh » 9 months ago

I am not anti @FarmMom , for crying out loud. I have my own opinions which may differ with hers, or may coincide.

Oh, for some maturity. Cannot a newer voice be heard here?

I don't think she wants to "run the show". That would be so boring.
0 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 9 months ago

I don’t think I would bring up the word maturity in your posts.
2 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 9 months ago

Yeah Shiloh Darling...the gig is up. You sound EXACTLY like Team Peridot. Go to bed, because you are boring.
1 x