Modini ring

FarmMom

Re: Modini ring

Post by FarmMom » 10 months ago

Leanderlynne wrote:
10 months ago
Talking about gold, have you seen where they make the items look bigger than they actually are? I purchased a pair of gold hoop earrings and GOOD LAWD they are teeny tiny! Back they go and a lesson learned :shock:
Yeah I did that ONCE. I bought the 1.3mm gold rope chain, I don't remember if it was 20in or 18in. heck it was frail! Even my husband watched one day, and couldn't figure out how the items looked SO BIG. He had a 4mm chain (singapore link), and the 3mm's they were showing made his look TINY!

Personally I think they have display pieces, items that are the best of the best or made with extra care to look better than what you get. And sometimes you luck out and DO get something that looks like the presentation. I do have a few rings that Do look like the presented product. But also many items that look nothing like it ;)

But hey, why haven't they done more fluorite? That was ONE ITEM that did impress me. Since it's soooo soft, it's never turned into jewelery. So I gave SLC credit for pulling it off. Mine was irradiated sadly, but it does change color in the different lights. Not like turkizite or alexandrite, but a nice range of blue/purple colors. Looks a bit like a ShopC Tanzanite, haha.
2 x