Auction Frustration...

Shopper7192

Auction Frustration...

Post by Shopper7192 » 10 months ago

Okay now that I have finally figured out with the help of "Lacy" (again thank you!) to post a new topic I would like to know if anyone else is encountering any frustration with trying to get items for a decent price on the auction site? What I am encountering on a regular basis now is a bunch of "SHILLS" coming in and placing RIDICULOUS HIGH max bids on items they have NO intention of paying for just to keep others from winning them! This has started to be a huge problem and no one is able to get jewelry at a decent price anymore because these "SHILLS" are running the prices up to such a ridiculous amount and we are talking hundreds of dollars to almost thousands at times on STERLING SILVER items that were no where near that original price on the website for sale! I mean why bid $500.00 on a ring that sells on the website for $100.00 or less??

This is so frustrating! I have bid on the same item so many times over the course of a month to try to win it but these "SHILLS" come in and steal it for a ridiculous price that no one can afford and then the item just gets recycled back into the auctions after 24 hours because these people have no intention of paying the exorbitant prices they bid on them. It turns into a never ending cycle. So it cancels any possible sale for anyone else. It is really done for spite and out of greed. I see this happening to others on the site as well.

Is anyone else feeling this frustration besides me? I mean I thought that the whole point of having an auction for items was so that people could possibly get good deals on great items? This is crazy what is going on and nothing is being done to stop it..
6 x

Bella

Re: Auction Frustration...

Post by Bella » 10 months ago

Shopper7192, I’m probably not the best person to offer any advice on this issue but here it goes… this has ALWAYS been the main problem with the auctions. You can scour the forum and see the chronic complaints on this issue. I don’t do the auctions, don’t even look at them, and not interested in them because I like to keep my sanity!
2 x

Shopper7192

Okay, thank you for the info.
2 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 10 months ago

Years ago we had a regular She bid 300 or more in every item.😖😖
5 x

Shopper7192

BostonIrish wrote:
10 months ago
Years ago we had a regular She bid 300 or more in every item.😖😖
Well it is 10 times worse than that now...No joke.. It is really insane. There are so many doing this.. Way more than one and they change their name frequently as well.
3 x

christee

Post by christee » 10 months ago

I still attempt to win auctions but like you, very annoyed with the shill bidding. It's either random people creating new accounts to do this (never intending to buy) or employees. All the real gold jewelry have hyper inflated bids! Why would anyone bid hundreds, sometimes thousands of $ higher than the price listed in their online store?
3 x

Shopper7192

christee wrote:
10 months ago
I still attempt to win auctions but like you, very annoyed with the shill bidding. It's either random people creating new accounts to do this (never intending to buy) or employees. All the real gold jewelry have hyper inflated bids! Why would anyone bid hundreds, sometimes thousands of $ higher than the price listed in their online store?
YES!! ⬆️This is exactly what I am talking about.. You definitely understand what I am referring to..
2 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 10 months ago

Could it be bots bidding high from the company. So we can't win the better jewelry for a great price.
2 x

Shopper7192

Lacy wrote:
10 months ago
Could it be bots bidding high from the company. So we can't win the better jewelry for a great price.
I hope that is not the case but that is something that my hubby proposed to me as I showed him the proof of this craziness and what they are doing in there but I said why would they risk losing a sale? I mean if you are raising the bid to an astronomical price that no one can afford and then the item misses being sold altogether to a legitimate buyer then that is "cutting their nose off to spite their face" as my grandmother used to say. (I think that is how that went, LOL!) :lol:

That would be missing out on getting sales so why would any company risk losing a sale at all like that? I cant make sense of that but then again I don't own the company and I am not the one running it so I cant speak to such madness but I just know that it is a huge problem and after researching the posts on here about it even from years back this is something that has never been addressed and still continues to go on so the problem will only grow worse and worse if it is never addressed and pretty much there will be no one to buy anything in the auctions because people will just give up. People are not stupid.. They will recognize that something is not right and will take their money elsewhere.
2 x

Shopper7192

It is 10:20PM CST right now.. Go to the Moissanite Link at the top in the Auctions page, When the page loads look at the same name :shock: that is bidding on EVERY ROW of items in that category.. You will quickly see a pattern.. That is only one of the issues that is going on in the Auction site in just about EVERY category.. :x
2 x