He Called her a __________???!

Lanai

Re: He Called her a __________???!

Post by Lanai » 9 months ago

Hello everyone,
Haven't been watching but I also would have skipped right by the channel if D and Tony were hosting together, don't think my ears could have taken it. In my opinion he is always arrogant and thinks he's above everyone else and that the customers should be grateful that he even allows them to purchase his gemstones that he is making a fortunate off of. When hardly no one is buying what he's putting out, he basically throws tantrums, like a child, and then immediately follows with a lecture about how great he is and then, " people, what do you not understand" comments. She also treats some of the other Hosts like that so I really can't say I feel sympathy for her either. As usual most things are inappropriate numerous times during a presentation. Just my opinion. Question: Does anyone know why his brother Tenner had such a heavy accent while Tony speaks English so fluently with really no accent at all???
3 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 9 months ago

Tony was pretty much raised in the US according to his brother.
3 x

Lanai

Interesting, since he pretends to not know how to word things in English, as we are quite often reminded by him, when it suits the moment, anyway. A way to get away with bad behavior, perhaps???
4 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 9 months ago

Lanai wrote:
9 months ago
Interesting, since he pretends to not know how to word things in English, as we are quite often reminded by him, when it suits the moment, anyway. A way to get away with bad behavior, perhaps???
Yes, lol. So last year I began putting 2 and 2 together on him and called him out in the forum and miraculously he began speaking random portugese words on TV after that, lol and putting on airs of not remembering certain words . . .

There are MANNNNNY common catch phrases and words used in Brazil that you'd expect to see him say and he doesn't . . .

I had caught last year when he mentioned growing up in Europe and playing soccer under the Eiffle tower, and then later on introduced as having lived most his life in Brazil. The problem with lies, is they wear thin and eventually show the truth . . .
3 x

Lanai

Really can't say I am surprised about the untruthful info since the few items that I purchased, very long ago, per his recommendation were nothing like described or appeared on TV , poor quality and gaudy and were returned. I remember a presentation with Michele Co-hosting and somehow bizarrely the conversation turned to how expensive it had gotten to have Chat delivered for driveway in LA, and Tony made the comment that he just went to one of his mines and had the men employed there delivery truckloads of
gemstone pieces that weren't big enough or quality wasn't worth the time it would take to cut for jewelry. So arrogant. I remember the rest of the time they had together she kept commenting to him about who has a driveway of gemstones and him acting so casual about it, like everyone had a gem drive. She was teasing him obviously but he just showed such complete arrogance. Although Tenner seems to have gotten himself involved in several illegal activities, he never seemed to act so entitled and arrogant like Tony. Subtly mentioned awhile back, public record, if the dots are followed, the road leads to numerous people listed that were associated with the same arresting address. If anyone has been a customer since it was the Liquidation Channel, some names(male & female) should be easily recognized. I think perhaps these legal issues run deeper than appear by just reading arrest records and makes one wonder if others may have been involved with some illegal activity as well, not just him. And as I recall, which maybe I remember it wrong, the Domestic Assault Charges on Published Record did not specify the sex of the person for whom the arresting charges were involved. Not that I support violence or illegal activity of anyone or any type, just remember thinking that everything appeared to have more people potentially involved than just him. Allegedly. Although it is Public Record.
4 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 9 months ago

You are correct, it didn't list the gender of the person attacked.

I too preferred tenner to Tony, he was fun and enjoyable to watch, laid back. Sad to hear the news of the arrest (for the mutiplith time). But we know hosts have lives off of TV too :(

Side note . . . what if Tony had been jealous of his attention and decided to push his buttons really good, resulting in him attacking Tony? Then he'd only have to call the cops and game over . . .
3 x

Lanai

I could actually see something like that happening. Tenner had such a down to earth, quirky personality, I would think he was more than likely always much more popular than Tony and I could see where there could be some jealousy there.
5 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 9 months ago

FarmMom......

I just read your interesting and fun comment and it has once again left me giggling and smiling :)
You are a character.....I would love to see you on a debate team!
2 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 9 months ago

Hi Lanai.....

Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed reading your comments above also
You gave some very interesting information and I have to agree with what you are stating :)
Tony is trying to be more approachable sometimes, but I think he can't hide his feelings towards certain Hosts
4 x

MayFlowers

Post by MayFlowers » 9 months ago

OMG I missed that! Wow that was probably an intentionally rude comment, I don't see how it couldn't be. Poor girl. And if she were to ever snipe back with a rude comment of her own, I'm sure Tony would meltdown.
3 x