ShopLC: for such a time as this

HowRevelationary

ShopLC: for such a time as this

Post by HowRevelationary » 9 months ago

Months ago, won a few RA bids on 20 count KN95 masks for next to nothing. Figured my family members would use them for various hobby projects…

What a blessing to be able to overnight a bunch to my daughter-in-law’s mother in NYC! Hope they help…they are running low in the hospital where she works and the smoke detectors inside the building keep going off!

Prayers for those impacted and thank you to ShopLC.
9 x

Bella

Re: ShopLC: for such a time as this

Post by Bella » 9 months ago

How nice of you to send those masks to her, very thoughtful gesture on your part. I’m in Ohio and it’s hazy as heck, I can’t imagine how it is in New York. Prayers to all of them.
7 x

lah2001

Post by lah2001 » 9 months ago

I'm in NY, and the air is terrible. It's rated "very unhealthy" to breathe in this current air. Sigh. I pulled my KN95 masks out of storage.
7 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 9 months ago

Bella I'm just north of you in Michigan. It's actually clear today but last week was so hazy I kept wondering if it was a thunderstorm forming. I haven't kept up on it in the news, but it's been going on for maybe a month now. A few farmer friends in Canada were videoing the fires while they worked to plan crops and prayed for rain.

The fire won't be the end of things, but the drought sure as heck will be. It's covered most of the nation and killed entire crops before they even had a chance to begin. definitely will be a food shortage this year, and with those fires burning CA, it's killing and burning the crops, so they will be hit extra hard :(

Revolutionary, good thinking on those masks!
6 x

Bella

Here in Northwest Ohio it is dry, not a drop in 19 days. We have farmland that someone farms for us and we are all praying for rain late this weekend. Got all the crops in early and just waiting for the rain. Keeping our fingers crossed.
6 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 9 months ago

Hi Revolutionary......

I love your kindness and great idea to send those masks :)
It must be so awful breathing that air, as a California resident I know that bad air from fires but my goodness New York has it bad
Prayers for all of you in states that are suffering
8 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 9 months ago

We Luv You Mae! Let the haters hate.😍
6 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 9 months ago

Bella wrote:
9 months ago
Here in Northwest Ohio it is dry, not a drop in 19 days. We have farmland that someone farms for us and we are all praying for rain late this weekend. Got all the crops in early and just waiting for the rain. Keeping our fingers crossed.
I know, the poor farmers all were so happy at being able to hit the fields so soon, and now this. We haven't had rain in a few months really. One day we had a decent downpour but that was it . . . I haven't checked our precipitation amounts but I know it's beyond bad.

Corn seems ok as far as I can tell, but wheat is toast . . . lol, ok so it's toasted a bit too soon ;) hay 1st cutting has been fairly decent but everyone is worried about second cut . . . our fields are surviving being on clay ground, but anyone with sandier, looser soil is doomed :(

Looks like as far as fires go, most of the Canadian fires have been contained, however one is burning in Michigan and many down south and of course out west. As far as I was able to find online . . .
2 x

Bella

FarmMom what’s the price for a bale of good hay nowadays? I know it’s depends on the type Alfalfa,Timothy, an oat and clover mix etc. I’m kind of curious, haven’t bought any hay in years, just curious.
0 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 9 months ago

Prayers for all going through these awful conditions. Wasn't aware that ShopLc donated masks to those area in need, what a very kind act.
Thanks ShopLc.
2 x