No Boxes

BostonIrish

No Boxes

Post by BostonIrish » 10 months ago

I have to say I love the items I purchase however shipping nice bangles and rings and necklaces in black felt pouches that shop l.c pays 10 cents for packed in a bubble package with heavy watch is nuts ! I have called but still no boxes. I called today if I do not get a call back I will no longer order any more items. I know they are trying to save on shipping but really 🤑😠
10 x

FarmMom

Re: No Boxes

Post by FarmMom » 10 months ago

You know it was odd, the last items I ordered were shipped in a DHL box, and they were not particularly expensive. I was surprised, but had been glad to see the change!

I don't know why this wouldn't be a general thing for any order over $50 though . . .
5 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 10 months ago

I agree with you BostonIrish! I have purchased some nice bracelets and some nice rings lately and they came in those cheap faux velvet pouches and a bubbler mailer. One of the bracelets was a tourmaline the others were sleeping beauty not cheap! At least the boxes offered some protection. I don’t understand why any jewelry should be shipped this way! I’m surprised nothing was damaged. They will regret this when they start getting massive returns do to damage, loose stones etc. Shop LC either doesn’t care or doesn’t have a clue!
9 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 10 months ago

Bella I talked to customer service sup She told me the silver boxes are cardboard and they are going green green my 🚽 these 10 cent pouches are lighter and stuff in a bubbler mailed so they can save money.😖
9 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 10 months ago

Problem is some of the more expensive pieces of jewelry are in the cheap pouches and the cheap jewelry is in the silver boxes… go figure!
7 x

FarmMom

They are not shipping international, so no reason why they can't cough up a bit extra for shipping ESPECIALLY since they charge $3.99 or MORE PER ITEM to ship. If you do the buy all for a list of items (earrings) that are $5.99 each and ship for $3.99 each, and you have 6 items, thats $20 for shipping! THEY POCKET $16! It would only cost $4 to ship them in a bubble mailer.

But it's not about delivering JOY, or whatnot, it's about selling.

I went down to my local printshop that also sends via FedEx. I had used them to send my gemstones to germany to be tested a few weeks ago and she wondered how it had gone. We got to chatting about gemstones and jewelry, and SHE ALSO shops at SLC (and JTV), and keeps it running in the background at her shop, hahaha. She too was complaining about price increases and shipping and she wasn't even going to ATTEMPT to do the auctions, lol, and then I explained what was happening and she just laughed and was glad she hadn't.

it's pretty bad when a printshop/mailing company is ALSO complaining about shipping ;)
4 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 10 months ago

Hello BostonIrish......

I am surprised to read how ShopLC is shipping your nice jewelry etc.!
That sounds like the shipping department is just being lazy, can't they see they are packing beautiful, expensive pieces? geez!
It appears the rest of you members are getting the same treatment, holy cow!!

What I find to be weird is I only buy jewelry from the under $10 shows and I always receive each piece in those pretty blue boxes, some with ribbon on them :o :o
However I broke down and bought that pretty Amoradite blue beaded necklace (may be spelling it wrong) from Michele for $50.00 before shipping and tax
They sent that to me in those Red quilted pouches they use!

I was so blessed that my beads were NOT broken!
5 x

FarmMom

Ohhh, I bet those were pretty! I love ammolite! I don't have any yet!

I don't think I've seen the red quilted pouches? The only off one I've seen are chinese silk zipper or button pouches . .
2 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 10 months ago

FarmMom wrote:
10 months ago
Ohhh, I bet those were pretty! I love ammolite! I don't have any yet!

I don't think I've seen the red quilted pouches? The only off one I've seen are chinese silk zipper or button pouches . .
@FarmMom.....

Yes I was quite surprised to get a few of them....
I also have received those Chinese silk pouches too and of course the Black velvet feeling pouches
CORRECTION!!! it is Amazonite, sorry......I had spelled it completely wrong
It is a graduated necklace and the beads are nice and noticeable just like Michele showed
The only time I have ever spent money like that was a couple of years ago when they offered a fresh water pearl necklace with humongous pearls all the way around the neckline

I still love it.....of course I wish I could have half of the stones you posses but my pocket book is funny!
By the way....does a certain Frenchtons website in Michigan have the words Zansboxer in it? then it shows several cute puppies on grass
I am trying to make sure I have the right place so I can "inquire" about them
0 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 10 months ago

My last purchase back in March was white zircon flower earrings. The box they came was a silver box.
2 x