Bad Experience w/ competitor

MayFlowers

Bad Experience w/ competitor

Post by MayFlowers » 10 months ago

So I went to shopHQ, saw their tempting fashion items on clearance. I will say: [retty cute tops! Problem was: shipping was more than twice the price of the items, making the items not worth it. Second issue came when I selected YES for the free trial of VIP program which supposedly provides shipping refunds. :roll: So I gave them my info, planning to cancel after getting refunded on shipping for the items I just purchased. They have my card info and the VIP member area is separate from main website. I try to login after registering and couldn't. SO either they will be billing me for a monthly service I can't use, or they will never refund my shipping, and will not provide the free trial they promised.
Either way I'm * off. It might be worth it if you're someone who plays the credit card game for discounts/rebates but I just stick to my debit card.

Oh P.S. Hannah said on her livestream today that they will be knocking down the price of the eyelet tunic next Wednesday. The vivian lace tunic (different top) I've seen as low as $19.99 so don't purchase for more than that. Also it looks like you might wanna size down, the models make it look a bit baggy. I will be getting the eyelet shirt in yellow and the vivian lace tunic in lilac, when the price pleases me. I can wait until August/end of season, I don't need it, just want it really.
4 x

Bella

Re: Bad Experience w/ competitor

Post by Bella » 10 months ago

MayFlowers I would call customer service and tell them about the issue. They have always been willing to work with me if I had a problem. I don’t do the VIP program or their credit card so I can’t say one way or another on that. Many times their shipping is free during some of their sales. I don’t like the shipping but when I can get a top for less than $20 I don’t mind so much. I’m a clothing “snob” and I do like a lot of their clothes and they seem to fit me well.
2 x

Chicago

Post by Chicago » 10 months ago

ShopHQ has the highest shipping of all the channels. The same thing often happens to me there. The sale price is really good - but the shipping on top of it is way too much. Seems like it 's usually $7.98. So I only purchase something there if I really really want it.
5 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 10 months ago

May, call the support line for the VIP. Not shop hq customer service. Tell them you want to cancel and get a refund. If you don't ask, you won't get it.
3 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 10 months ago

Is the shipping price for EACH ITEM like shoplc does??
0 x

Chicago

Post by Chicago » 10 months ago

Yes the shipping is for each item.
0 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 10 months ago

If the merchandise is at a great price and nice I can forgive a higher shipping fee, which is more than I can say for Shop LC. Lower shipping fees many times means items not packaged well and then damaged items are received. They do run free shipping specials and reduced shipping fees a lot.I have never had anything arrive damaged from Shop Hq, I definitely cannot say that about Shop LC. Nowadays everything is more, the cost of diesel fuel is still high and that’s a big reason shipping costs are high. The days of $2.99 shipping are long gone, sometimes you have to face reality, unfortunately.
3 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 10 months ago

Hi Mayflower.......

My gosh I hope you will take the suggestions from some of good responses above and get some help in this situation!
That would bring me to tears.....I hate having to deal with C.S. when no one knows anything
1 x