So frustrated!..Venting...

Shopper7192

Re: So frustrated!..Venting...

Post by Shopper7192 » 11 months ago

*Off topic->I don't know why but every time I want to respond or reply to a thread I keep getting a page that says this: "The forum you selected does not exist" and the only way I can respond or reply is to click on the "quote" button from the previous poster.. IS this normal??? :?:

Anyway I wanted to say that yeah I kinda figured that I wasn't the only one that was experiencing these issues right now and I assumed that there would be more people to chime in here saying the same but I do totally agree with all of you that mentioned the labor shortage issue. It is real and it is happening everywhere on a broader scale and unfortunately that is exactly part of the problem but I don't believe the whole reason for what is happening but it does account for some of the issues.

Thanks everyone for letting me vent here and being so supportive of my "rant", LoL!!😁
5 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 11 months ago

Any politician that screams he's going to "create more jobs" at this point needs a punch to the head.

Out here companies are GOING OUT OF BUSINESS because they don't have enough staff to stay open.

You are right (was it Bella?) when you said young people don't want to work. or they want an easy job for high pay. My step son is 19 and works a warehouse job (easy). My husband was trying to talk him into training at his work as his apprentice painting cars (great money but very busy work). He popped in for a few days to watch his Dad work and ultimately took a pass on the opportunity.

My daughter is also 19, but moved out at age 16 to live on her own in CA (I know . . .). She had a job until they closed it down (downsizing thanks to Covid) but then was living off unemployment for 8 months not really LOOKING for anything. I kept telling her to move back to MI, jobs are everywhere, lol. She finally did find another one, similar to her old one, but MAN . . .

I do remember back when you'd order something from a catalogue and it would takes WEEKS to arrive, so you'd order 3 sizes planning to send 2 back! I honestly think the River Store has spoiled us with their Prime shipping. Before Covid you used to be able to order some items and get them the SAME DAY! After Covid they couldn't keep up so that hasn't been happening here in a few years.

I think SLC needs a fair warning of 2 weeks to receive products. If they ship them faster, then they have a happy customer. But I'm sure they;d never change their shipping time estimate because they don't want employees feeling like they can slow down ;)
3 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 11 months ago

That was Colljoe that said the younger crowd doesn’t seem to want to work the warehouse jobs and she is correct that so many also want to work from home nowadays. I’m retired so I don’t want to do either! LOL
5 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 11 months ago

Hi Everyone what's up with the river web site I have never been able to find it.🙄
2 x

FarmMom

:lol:
BostonIrish wrote:
11 months ago
Hi Everyone what's up with the river web site I have never been able to find it.🙄
:lol: :lol:

the largest river in the world that starts with an "A" . . . sounds like gamazon . . . :lol:
4 x

BostonIrish

I get it why do they call it the big river?😊
2 x

BostonIrish

Farm Mom thanks I am out of it stupid me. 🙄😒 I really did not know that's what everyone called it.
3 x

FarmMom

BostonIrish wrote:
11 months ago
Farm Mom thanks I am out of it stupid me. 🙄😒 I really did not know that's what everyone called it.
NO WORRIES! I had to have it explained to me too! :lol: :lol: :lol:
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 11 months ago

Sorry for all that frustration. I don’t order much these days. All they do now is selling expensive items.
2 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 10 months ago

Doing my part to add to the "bury"!!

Shopper, any news or updates on the returns??
3 x