Turkizite

TN

Turkizite

Post by TN » 10 months ago

the entire piece of jewelry changes color along with the turkizite during the presentation.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

they really think we are idiots.
4 x

FarmMom

Re: Turkizite

Post by FarmMom » 10 months ago

TN wrote:
10 months ago
the entire piece of jewelry changes color along with the turkizite during the presentation.

My husband noticed that the last time they presented it! I've noticed it on other items too . . . you watch the bands . . . if you cannot tell if it's rose, yellow or white gold, it's a RED FLAG!

A few have commented that while their turkizite pieces were pretty, they DIDN'T change color like shown on TV . . .
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 10 months ago

That turkizite is suppose to be Color changing Diaspore (aka Zultanite)
2 x

FarmMom

Margui wrote:
10 months ago
That turkizite is suppose to be Color changing Diaspore (aka Zultanite)
correct! if you read enough backrooms online you'll find that the Zultanite company has strict standards on their stones. Any that don't fit the standard are tossed. However they have an issue with theft of trash material - this material often lacks the color play, clarity and body that the top stuff has.

Also why I won't buy SLC material . . . I don't support theft, and if it's NOT from the actual mine owners and company, it's stolen.
1 x

Shiloh

Post by Shiloh » 10 months ago

Ugh, there are certainly some gray areas here, but calling SLC thieves is a stretch. That said, would I buy Turkish diaspore here-- no.
0 x

Shiloh

@FarmMom , You and I had some words in the past, but I felt a lump in my throat for you when an overly zealous poster outed you with personal info without your consent.

Maybe you don't care, but I believed it to be a breach of forum etiquette and a bit stalker-like.
0 x

FarmMom

Shiloh wrote:
10 months ago
@FarmMom , You and I had some words in the past, but I felt a lump in my throat for you when an overly zealous poster outed you with personal info without your consent.

Maybe you don't care, but I believed it to be a breach of forum etiquette and a bit stalker-like.
We have had words? Good words? I don't remember any bad words . . . if we disagreed on something I certainly wouldn't call that bad words, everyone has a different opinion ;D

Perhaps I should have phrased that differently, ShopLC is not the one buying from the mines, etc. They buy from buyers. So I was not calling THEM theives, but rather the ones they buy from. I'm sure they operate on the "don't ask, don't tell" policy. Kinda like blood diamonds. I have seen some gem stores carry 'responsibly sourced" gems (might be remembering the wrong word, my apologies), but in a nutshell, they were gems they knew were mined safely and in a way that paid workers fairly. I applaud them, that's VERY difficult to do and vastly limits what they can carry. MOST shops, don't want to know, so don't ask. Or they might ask but their seller doesn't honestly know either.

But the black market for gems is MASSIVE . . .

No, no breach of bylaws going on here, I have not given any personal information, although there are hosts who think the bylaws don't apply to them and actually do give identifying information out :(

Despite my address plastered all over the internet, I've only ever had one "fan" show up to my house unannounced. But I knew him well enough that it wasn't a surprise, but I wasn't about to invite him in for coffee, hahaha. I'm not stalker material quite frankly, lol. I keep a collection of dead animals and chopped-off toes on my phone to send to phone hackers that think they are going to convince me to "send them the code". I am officially on the scammers' "do not contact" list :lol: :lol: :lol:
2 x

Shiloh

Okay, @FarmMom , I guess you are good with being out there. I am a self-protective introvert.

We had words that meant nothing to you, but meant something to me.

Extrovert vs. Introvert, perhaps? It's all good. I just need to take note and communicate accordingly.
1 x

FarmMom

My apologies if I said something that hurt you and should have been phrased a bit better. Sometimes my brain thinks too far ahead of itself and I don't always re-evaluate word choice :)
1 x

Greeneyesbluesighs

Post by Greeneyesbluesighs » 10 months ago

FarmMom wrote:
10 months ago
TN wrote:
10 months ago

My husband noticed that the last time they presented it! I've noticed it on other items too . . . you watch the bands . . . if you cannot tell if it's rose, yellow or white gold, it's a RED FLAG!

A few have commented that while their turkizite pieces were pretty, they DIDN'T change color like shown on TV . . .
I have a Rhapsody Turkizite ring from here and it absolutely changes color. It goes from light golden to deep golden, to a bright mint to a pink tone. It is one of my favorite pieces I have.
0 x