New host

Shiloh

Re: New host

Post by Shiloh » 10 months ago

We are free to disagree. No one is trying to shut you down. Do you only want to hear your own opinin repeated over and over again?
0 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 10 months ago

Shiloh One thing for sure, we don't want to hear old news and beat a dead horse. Get a life Team Peridot. Go to bed now. Before you do, make sure you have your pudding. :lol:
3 x

Shiloh

Why would you criticize mine? I guess because we can. We may also agree on some points. Will that be okay?
0 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 10 months ago

🤪 🥴
2 x

Shiloh

@colljoe , I knew you would come around!

Seriously, why would a forum want to groupthink on one note?
0 x

joshuatheemerald

Post by joshuatheemerald » 10 months ago

Shiloh,

I think this is a small but fun forum to chat/agree/disagree/debate on this little channel we have all stumbled upon lol.

My only issue with what you said is that if K has, in fact, some sort of disability that prevents her from being industry standard presentable (take out the cleavage, the messy hair, etc,) then I’m sorry to say that she is not entitled to work on television just because she wants to or that’s all she has ever done. The world has plenty of jobs available

Be it my local 5’o clock weather man, or Barbara Walters….. Oprah or Phil Donahue, even the young talk show hosts like Jimmy Fallon… all have the ability to dress appropriately, clearly communicate to the audience and be WATCHABLE. I have never seen any tv broadcast other than this one where the people on tv look like they don’t know (or don’t care) that they are in fact ON TV!!! As was said earlier on this thread, the “love me or hate me” attitude that some LC Hosts outwardly convey on the air is baffling to me. I remember the controversy with Ellen DeGeneres a few years ago when it was reported she was not very nice to her staff…. She never came out and scolded the gossip reporters or the audience at home for buying into those stories. When certain LC hosts appear on air looking as if they just rolled out of bed and a viewer writes in and calls them out for it,or gets fact checked on a false claim and then the host fires back into the camera…. Shaking their finger at the viewer/customer…Unreal!
5 x

Shiloh

Thank you @joshuatheemerald , for engaging in real conversation.

In some way , ShopLC is a unique foray into bazaar meets television. We may be witnessing either a dying breed or a new wild west of tv shoppng.

My thoughts about Kim date back to her many years at JTV. I can see and appreciate her professionalism in the face of her disabilities. Is it time for her to retire? I'm not sure I have an opinion on that.

As I have previously stated, cleavage just doesn't bother me.

Now, the squealing does touch a nerve.
0 x

Shiloh

I don't.

I may agree or disagree.

My right.

Your right.

Can't make it any more clear from my pov.
1 x

Shiloh

The above post is addressed to Bella.
0 x

Mapper

Post by Mapper » 10 months ago

joshuatheemerald wrote:
10 months ago
Shiloh,

I think this is a small but fun forum to chat/agree/disagree/debate on this little channel we have all stumbled upon lol.

My only issue with what you said is that if K has, in fact, some sort of disability that prevents her from being industry standard presentable (take out the cleavage, the messy hair, etc,) then I’m sorry to say that she is not entitled to work on television just because she wants to or that’s all she has ever done. The world has plenty of jobs available

Be it my local 5’o clock weather man, or Barbara Walters….. Oprah or Phil Donahue, even the young talk show hosts like Jimmy Fallon… all have the ability to dress appropriately, clearly communicate to the audience and be WATCHABLE. I have never seen any tv broadcast other than this one where the people on tv look like they don’t know (or don’t care) that they are in fact ON TV!!! As was said earlier on this thread, the “love me or hate me” attitude that some LC Hosts outwardly convey on the air is baffling to me. I remember the controversy with Ellen DeGeneres a few years ago when it was reported she was not very nice to her staff…. She never came out and scolded the gossip reporters or the audience at home for buying into those stories. When certain LC hosts appear on air looking as if they just rolled out of bed and a viewer writes in and calls them out for it,or gets fact checked on a false claim and then the host fires back into the camera…. Shaking their finger at the viewer/customer…Unreal!
Ummm.....Barbara Walters is dead and Phil Donahue hasn't had his own show since he was cancelled by MSNBC over 20 years ago. Wow.
0 x