Post Jumbalaya

MayFlowers

Post Jumbalaya

Post by MayFlowers » 11 months ago

Calling this post jumbalaya because I have a bunch of topics I wanted to talk about.
So, firstly Patroke Kunzite. It's pretty IMO! Tony stated that the PRODUCTION of this stone, (as opposed to using the word MINING) ended a while ago in Afghanistan. I interpreted that as they produced the stone using some sort of treatments. I'm actually not averse to treatments, I like pretty stones and if they have to irradiate gravel to make them that's fine by me. My question is this: does anyone have a patroke kunzite from SLC that they have worn out and about in the sun? I'm hopeful that the treatments might help this specific stone hold up better against sunlight than other kunzite.

I haven't followed up to my other posts, so I will say: Farmmom was right about the fiber gummies. I bought two of the fiber gummies that were labelled "Swiss Fiber Diet" or something like that. Spent about $50. I don't mean to be crude, but it felt like I was eating little bricks and it also felt like a brick as it continued to pass through me. I'm sorry for being graphic, but it was unpleasant. Also, the tops I got from ShopHQ- way too big. Also the knit fabric was very wrinkly so I can't travel with the tops or fold them in a dresser. One item I got was: "Oso Casuals Knit Long Sleeve Drawstring Tie-Waist Crochet Lace Trimmed Top"- I searched online after I purchased and it was available at Walmart for same price. I don't typically buy clothes from Walmart but I don't have anything against it. I just wish I would have known beforehand.
The fashion items at ShopLC are admittedly hit or miss, but if I like something on air I get it home and I like it just as well. I never get the shapeless items, but I think they are phasing those out. On the other hand, the fashion items at ShopHQ seem to have nice photos online but then when I get it home it's just a wrinkled ball of fabric that can't be ironed and has sleeves that are made of spandexy material and yet are draping on my arms they are so large.
3 x

MaeWest1953

Re: Post Jumbalaya

Post by MaeWest1953 » 11 months ago

Hi Mayflowers......

I liked reading your opinions and I will say that I usually buy the statement jewelry on the "under 10" shows cause I like big and bold.....teehee
However I would love to own some of the very pretty stones on ShopLC but I can't afford to
With their Lifestyle items I have bought quite a few of the microfiber Kaftans.....

Now I am finding many of them at garage and estate sales for only a $1.00 a piece!
They are clean and in great shape so I have saved some money.....I am picky when it comes to buying clothes like that but I can tell by the seller and the condition of them they were taken care of :)

Your title is cute.....heehee
4 x

Shopper7192

Post by Shopper7192 » 11 months ago

@MaeWest1953 We almost sound like peas in a pod! I never bought kaftans UNTIL Shop LC and now it is like I am addicted to the darn things! I am still left wondering what happened?? 🤪

I also love big and bold jewelry items. Havent always been that way but that also started lately! Guess I can blame SLC for a good many reasons that I have been shopping here like crazy for the past 4 months! But like all good things, they eventually come to an end... ;)

I like post Jambalaya!! :D Good topic!

P.S. good info about the gummies! I saw those earlier and wondered how they were. Now I will definitely PASS!
4 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 11 months ago

Shopper7192.....good grief

That stupid notice came up twice before I could reply to you :?
Of course I had to get back to the main menu and this time select this thread
Anyhoo......what is so cool about the Kaftans is these women must be watching ShopLC or something because the ones that I am finding at the sales are the Tamsy or Winlar always There are two of them that still have the tags on them!!

Several weeks ago I was at a big sale, and they had over 15 of them to pick from!!
However I only like the Microfiber ones cause I get hot too fast and the Kaftans that were available were way to BOLD in colors and design
Being a plus-sized gal I have to be careful with crazy patterns but I was still able to get some great ones

The lady who was selling them told me earlier in the day some woman bought 15 of them, I hadn't arrived to the sale till 3 hours into it....can you imagine having all that selection :o
4 x

Shopper7192

Post by Shopper7192 » 11 months ago

MaeWest1953 wrote:
11 months ago
Shopper7192.....good grief

That stupid notice came up twice before I could reply to you :?
Of course I had to get back to the main menu and this time select this thread
Anyhoo......what is so cool about the Kaftans is these women must be watching ShopLC or something because the ones that I am finding at the sales are the Tamsy or Winlar always There are two of them that still have the tags on them!!

Several weeks ago I was at a big sale, and they had over 15 of them to pick from!!
However I only like the Microfiber ones cause I get hot too fast and the Kaftans that were available were way to BOLD in colors and design
Being a plus-sized gal I have to be careful with crazy patterns but I was still able to get some great ones

The lady who was selling them told me earlier in the day some woman bought 15 of them, I hadn't arrived to the sale till 3 hours into it....can you imagine having all that selection :o
OMG, we are so much alike.. I understand completely about the "HOT" issue.. My husband knows I am his "HOT lady" but not like most people would think, haha! I am in the south and I just cannot handle the summer, I actually loathe it! It is way too hot and humid here! Thank the good Lord for Air Conditioning! I am also plus sized and I understand completely about the designs and patterns that need to help cover but NOT "enhance" my size if you know what I mean! I also have to have cool fabrics and that is must in the south during the summer!

Yes the forum is acting up again obviously for me too. Guess we jinxed it! :cry:

I don't want to hijack Mayflowers thread/topic but I bet we could talk up a storm about lots of things..😊
4 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 11 months ago

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think it was me posting on the fiber gummies! Only gummies I have tried are the hair/skin/nails kind. They were pretty tasty! But expesnive, so I didn't buy more, haha!

I agree some of the Kaftans are cute, would be nice balcony vacation wear ;) if I had a place to wear one, I might buy one :D

Regarding Kunzite:

The treatment turns a white stone or pale stone "pink". It doesn't help it retain it's color. From what I recal reading, most if not all kunzite is heated, but there is only ONE MINE where it seems to retain the pink color best. ALL KUNZITE WILL FADE. Actually most colored gemstones will including amethyst, but kunzite in mere minutes!

You could try googling the term to see if the kunzite "name" is an actual name or just a fancy title ShopLc invented for their stone. It would give you a better idea. There is nothing WRONG with kunzite, it just can ONLY be worn when the sun has fully set.
3 x

joshuatheemerald

Post by joshuatheemerald » 11 months ago

Fun posT!

I’m a guy but I buy some of the fashion items for my relatives because they are inexpensive on Tuesdays and Fridays. I buy from Q or HQ if they have a good price on “household name” brands if I think my niece or sister will like it. Don’t like the shipping costs on HQ though, those are painful!!!
6 x

Shopper7192

Post by Shopper7192 » 10 months ago

joshuatheemerald wrote:
11 months ago
Fun posT!

I’m a guy but I buy some of the fashion items for my relatives because they are inexpensive on Tuesdays and Fridays. I buy from Q or HQ if they have a good price on “household name” brands if I think my niece or sister will like it. Don’t like the shipping costs on HQ though, those are painful!!!
What a sweetheart you are! Your family members are so blessed to have you do that for them. How thoughtful and kind!
One thing about HQ I didn't like is they used to NEVER refund shipping tax paid on returns which I always thought was not right. They pocket that extra money and that is greedy in my opinion! :evil:
4 x

MayFlowers

Post by MayFlowers » 10 months ago

@Shopper7192 : you beat me to it! I was going to say how fortunate Joshuatheemerald's family members are! Yeah I didn't appreciate paying shipping both to get to me and get back to HQ and them keeping it all either.

@FarmMom You warned me about fiber supplements in general I believe- you told me your horses had trouble with too high of a fiber diet. Perhaps it was someone else!

@MaeWest1953 Oh Girl rock whatever prints you like! I love big and bold stuff too.

@Joshuatheemerald Are you the one who keeps requesting men's rings? Because I am all about Men's rings! My Uncle got married in Switzerland and he has the most gorgeous gold ring with a design of some European building on it. Wish I were cultured enough to know which building and where! It's not the Eiffel Tower or Leaning Tower, but I think it might be German. What lucky nieces! I buy jewelry for my nieces with autism, because my mother in law says "don't waste your jewelry on those girls" and it makes me buy them even more jewelry!
4 x

Catwoman48

Post by Catwoman48 » 10 months ago

MayFlowers,I can answer that. I had never heard, nor has SLC ever mentioned, on air or on the website, that Kunzite - which of course is irradiated - WILL lose its color if exposed to light and that it should only be worn at night. Ridiculous.

I purchased a beautiful Martha Rocha (not Patroke, but represented to be high quality) Kunzite last fall/winter. It was a beautiful violet color in a dazzling setting. I don’t go out much these days, so I put it away until I had an occasion to wear it. It was NEVER worn, still has the tag on it. It was NEVER exposed to light except when I received it and tried it on. It went right back in the box, in the dark. I paid more than $1,000 for that ring and it was spectacular when I received it.

Fast forward to a couple of months ago when I read in this forum of color fading upon exposure of Kunzite to light. Well, shut my mouth! Who would pay that kind of money for a ring that effectively could not be worn? Again, ridiculous. So I contacted SLC, sent photos comparing the ring in its present state (remember, tag still on) and as received, and asked to return it for a refund or credit. As expected, SLC told me to pound sand, that I only had 30 days to return it, and I was SOL.

I had purchased a Morganite ring several months before the Kunzite and was afraid of its fading, too. Fortunately, according to the research I did, the chemical composition of that stone, unlike Kunzite, does not lend itself to fading after irradiation.

It was a very expensive lesson. I would like to give up shopping at SLC altogether, but I have added some gorgeous diamond earrings, several pairs, and some nice gold to my collection. I certainly won’t be buying any more colored stones, or, God forbid, any Turkizite. What a letdown! I have sent back every piece of Tanzanite I have ever purchased, too. It never looks as good as it does on air.

So BEWARE of Kunzite purchased from SLC, at least. Color fading may be a problem with all Kunzite, for all I know. But it should come with a clear warning, not a general statement like all the shopping channels give that “some color-treated gemstones may be subject to fading.” I consider this dishonest at the very least and fraudulent at worst.
5 x