hollow gold chains

lilteed

hollow gold chains

Post by lilteed » 5 months ago

has any one else bought gold chains on shoplc and find out later that they are hollow
4 x

Bella

Re: hollow gold chains

Post by Bella » 5 months ago

Welcome Lilteed! Well you may have touched on a sore subject with many on here regarding gold chains from Shop LC. I cannot say one way or another because I don’t buy gold from Shop LC, but I’m sure someone may chime in on the subject.
3 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 5 months ago

Hello Lilteed....

I can't afford to buy real Gold anywhere but if you bought one from ShopLC and it was hollow that would be disappointing :(
3 x

christee

Post by christee » 5 months ago

Yes I bought a 10k hollow gold rope chain from here not realizing it was hollow. Broke within 30 days so I sent it back for a refund. Really disappointed but lesson learned.
4 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 5 months ago

To be fair, MOST chains will be hollow. However, MOST STORES tell you ahead of time. Your best bet is to look at the gram weight for the size and length. It will give you a general idea. if you are shopping for it, keep a jump sheet next to you of what other sellers on the "River store" are selling- sizes, weights, styles and prices. Often I find SLC to be more expensive anyway, and with the big hassle they are I'd rather not risk it, even if they were $50 cheaper on one day.

I bought my husband a singapore link, the large link chains can be fixed by local jewelers, and they often do break as a general rule, regardless of where you buy.

I heard one host mention one day, I THINK it was Dionne, that the chain presented wouldn't break. I think she got on a roll and realized her mistake instantly, but no doubt someone heard that and was happy to buy.

People do call in the ask about hollow vs solid, but it often confuses the hosts and they keep saying "solid gold is 24ct and this is 10K". You'd think that someone presenting so much gold would take the time to learn about their products so that they COULD easily answer such a simple question, but they dont' . . .
3 x