Under $10 Friday

Gypsy

Re: Under $10 Friday

Post by Gypsy » 10 months ago

Happy Fourth of July to ALL !!

@William everything you said about SLC is so true !!! Its such a shame that the ladies today missed out on the fun times spent watching and shopping here. The ladies that I chat with are like me....we've pretty much given up shopping here all together. I know personally, that if I see something that I think I might purchase, I pop in here and read up on current complaints and problems and the urge goes away 😳

I try to stay optimistic, I do still check the website. But, I just don't think we're ever going to see things the way they were before.
And things WERE good. I only have antenna TV, so I only see the Night Owls show. I don't see the hosts that the comments here are mostly about, so I don't comment.

As for the forum......this used to actually be the place to get help with issues. It was easy to TAG a MOD, there was always someone monitoring, they didn't get involved ,unless they were asked, or if things got too "wild" but they were here to help with customer service issues of any kind. They were ALL very courteous and nice. And yes, THREADS did at times get locked, by both the MODS or even by the THREAD starter. You could still read the conversation, you just couldn't comment. IMO the forum is still recovering from the strict moderation we were under during the pandemic. I'm glad to see the variety of posters with new information and with very different opinions on things. Keeps things interesting when people are open to discussions.

.... I hope that everyone has a safe holiday 💞

- Gypsy
8 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 10 months ago

It’s always nice when you take a moment to pop in Gypsy! Hope your 4th of July is safe and fun to!
4 x

Shopper7192

Post by Shopper7192 » 10 months ago

Happy Fourth of July 🎆 everyone and if you live anywhere near the "South" Lord have mercy!! Please by all means have a good time with family and friends but stay cool and don't get overheated!!🥵 It is like a SAUNA here!!🔥
2 x

Greeneyesbluesighs

Post by Greeneyesbluesighs » 10 months ago

Bella wrote:
10 months ago
Why can’t Shop LC do an under $20 on Fridays. I know with inflation it’s probably harder to find nice items for under $10, but you could have nicer variety of merchandise, you could still have the under $10 under $15 and so on. Seems like a no brainer and would keep customers happy. Also do specials on shipping to help with people buying multiple items. They need to think outside the box to keep everyone happy not just those that have money to burn!
I do agree with your concept. However ShopLC may just take that idea and tweak it for their own purpose. Raise the prices to $20 on Friday but still offer the same old tired junk. Really when was the last time they have presented anything new of significance that was interesting, different and a great price point?!
All new is gold chains. Over and over and over and over and over.

IM OVER IT
4 x

William

Post by William » 9 months ago

Hi All

HAPPY 4th !!!!!!!!!!!!

Gypsy -- !!! -- SOOOO Nice to see you !!! Hope you are well !!! I remember the coffee clinks!
so MUCH water under the bridge since those days! SO GLAD you were here in the old days to enjoy those times!!! So Fun!!! I guess as they say ---Nothing lasts forever

Anyway -- HOPE EVERYONE is safe & Have a Nice Holiday!
Thanks All -------------------------- William
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 9 months ago

Shopper7192 wrote:
10 months ago
Happy Fourth of July 🎆 everyone and if you live anywhere near the "South" Lord have mercy!! Please by all means have a good time with family and friends but stay cool and don't get overheated!!🥵 It is like a SAUNA here!!🔥
@Shopper7192
You stay cool !!!!!
Our daily heat index has been 112-116 since June 🥵 I'm in South Texas and it's gonna get hotter !!

-Gypsy
3 x

Gypsy

William wrote:
9 months ago
Hi All

HAPPY 4th !!!!!!!!!!!!

Gypsy -- !!! -- SOOOO Nice to see you !!! Hope you are well !!! I remember the coffee clinks!
so MUCH water under the bridge since those days! SO GLAD you were here in the old days to enjoy those times!!! So Fun!!! I guess as they say ---Nothing lasts forever

Anyway -- HOPE EVERYONE is safe & Have a Nice Holiday!
Thanks All -------------------------- William
Hi Sweet William 🥰
🥰☕️ [clinks] ☕️🥰

I've always got the coffee on !!!!

-Gypsy
2 x

Gypsy

Bella wrote:
10 months ago
It’s always nice when you take a moment to pop in Gypsy! Hope your 4th of July is safe and fun to!
Hi Bella !!!

Hope you and yours have a safe and wonderful weekend ! 🥰

-Gypsy
3 x

Gulfwaterlady

Want more on years ago

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 9 months ago

Who has shopped the Liquidation Channel way back when? I would love to hear more stories about it.
William, you have been around since the beginning. You even remember the presidents of the company!
Who were the hosts? I have heard Jessica and Stacy were some of the first hosts, anyone else? I am also interested in the fact that there was only one host. How was that? Did the show move much quicker? When I began watching, the hosts stood. The first one that I heard complain was when Karen got there. She would say out loud, 'why and the heck can't we sit down'. The next time I saw her, she had a chair. The height was adjustable. Evidently, she didn't know it. She sat down and you could only see her face. I was laughing so hard. She knew it was done intentionally and was a good sport about it, laughing. The other host was Shawn. His chair was fine. Since they had both came from HQ, they joked around a lot about crazy things that had happened in their careers. She mentioned a few YouTube videos. I watched them. She was so young and they were such funny bloopers. The one when she is talking about how strong the chain is, pulls and it breaks was hilarious.
Was Dan Dennis on back then or at HSN?
You said Sunday was Funday. That sounds amazing. What did they do?
I remember a tall president with salt and pepper gray hair named Kevin. He only came on camera when necessary and said he would rather not and he did act very timid.
Was there anyone like Ankur back then or another buyer named something like Citendra. His voice is so high pitched and he talks so fast, I turn him off right away. He sells a lot blankets and throws. I have emailed a lot about keeping the execs off air. They have done much better except Ankur.
What were the prices on Fridays and Sundays.
Was the set really bad? Did they only have one? They only sold jewelry, was that a lot better. You mentioned the prices were really great.
Yes, it was Katie that always said 'and there's our William'. I loved Furry Friend Friday, there was so much laughter about the pet photos. I suppose that's why they stopped it.
And, last qestion, was there always Smackdown music? I heard the original exec started it. One Fourth of July, Sarah Couts(sp) the woman from Scotland was on with Dan Dennis. She did not seem happy either because she had to work the holiday or she had to work with Dan, or both. Dan was being his usual self back then contradictory and high and mighty, very different than now. Every time the smackdown music made the cracking the whip sound she made the motion of cracking a whip. At first Dan just rolled his eyes but as Sarah kept doing it, the crew kept playing that sound because they could tell Dan was getting more and more annoyed.
Sarah was really enjoying making him annoyed. I was cracking up and soon she couldn't stop laughing, so she stopped. Dan had a few words to say for on air viewing but you could really tell he wasn't taking it as a joke. We could all tell Sarah wasn't joking! It was the funniest way I had ever seen a host annoy another one.
Yes, please tell us morel
2 x

Shopper7192

Post by Shopper7192 » 9 months ago

Gypsy wrote:
9 months ago
@Shopper7192
You stay cool !!!!!
Our daily heat index has been 112-116 since June 🥵 I'm in South Texas and it's gonna get hotter !!

-Gypsy
Hey neighbor!! 8-) I can totally identify with you as I am 2 states towards the "East" away from you! Our heat indexes have been around 108-110 as well. I don't "DO" summer just because of the heat.. I loathe the heat especially whenever you have so much humidity like we do! All you do is INSTANTLY melt as soon as you go outdoors! I need an air conditioned suit to leave the house, LOL! :lol: So someone make one!
0 x