Okay..I am officially done!!

Shopper7192

Okay..I am officially done!!

Post by Shopper7192 » 10 months ago

Okay everyone, I am officially done with shopping on SLC!! It is just not worth the drama that I am having to deal with to shop here anymore and you guys know how I said I don't do drama!
Let me tell you about my week so far..
On Monday (unrelated to this topic) our water heater ruptured (from old age) and ruined our flooring in our laundry room and closet! Now we are out almost $2,000.00 in repairs!😖 Trust me it is not fun having your washer and dryer sitting in your kitchen until someone can come and tear up flooring and replace it!

On top of this...I have orders that come in from SLC that were horrible! One was a Kashmir Kyanite & Moissanite Heart Halo Ring I ordered on 6/17/23 that finally showed up on yesterday 6/27/23. I was so sick whenever I opened up the package to see the ring and the Kyanite was HORRIBLE! I mean the stone was TERRIBLE. It looked like something out of a cracker jack box or gumball machine! The stone looked like it had something dirty on the top of the table but after much rubbing to try to clear it off nothing happened so upon further inspection it appears to be lines/striations in inside the stone close to the top. Not only that, there was a visible CHIP on the top right curve part of the heart! So it has to go BACK! UGH!! Why was this even sent out like this? How did this pass quality control?

I also received a long kaftan I won on auction that I loved and AFTER I removed the tag and was folding it to put it away, I saw a orange stain on it that appears to be a "spaghetti sauce" stain of some kind and it was dry and crusty! I said you have got to be kidding me!! It appears I received someone else's return! So now I cannot return it because 1) I won it on auction and 2) I removed the tag just BEFORE finding the food stain! So I am screwed there!

Then today, I had to call them about them not giving me a FULL refund on another ring that I had sent back that had mismatched stones. It was a Polki Diamond ring and 2 stones were white and the last one next to those 2 was almost BLACK! It was so obvious that this should have never left the factory or passed quality control like this. I mean it totally RUINED the look of the ring to the point it looked really bad so I did contact CS BEFORE sending it back and was told to return it. Well they only gave me back HALF of what I paid for it! :shock: So I had to call them about this issue and they refunded me everything back except the return label. I said well I was told by your CS to return it in the label that you sent with it. It should have never been sent to me like this and they said that the person that processed the return said that there was nothing wrong with the ring. I said you have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!😡 So it looks like this ring will just go right back into circulation and some poor soul will receive it and have to go through the same thing that I just did! They are supposed to be crediting me the return label fee so we will see if I get all my money back on this one.

Then also today I received another Kaftan that I had ordered. I couldn't wait to get it out of the package only to look at it and see that I didn't think that this was the one that I had ordered.. Come to find out and I double checked and sure enough it was NOT the one that I had ordered and it was a different one that was put into the bag with the item number of the one that I ordered (#7323686- TAMSY Sky Blue Cheetah Digital Printed Short Kaftan with Drawstring) but someone apparently put this one into this bag and returned it because the one that I ordered was not the correct one in this bag. This kaftan had a different item number online..(#7323682-TAMSY Multi Color Floral Digital Printed Short Kaftan with Drawstring) That was the one that I received which was NOT what I ordered! So now I have 2 more items to have to ship back and one that I have to clean a stain off of because I received someone else's nasty return!🥴

I am so done.. I cannot handle all these returns back and forth and all the drama associated with it. It is not worth it for me. I am so tired of it so I am officially done with SLC.

I have better things to do with my life than spend time filling out return forms and packaging back up returns to send back and wait for 2 weeks to a month for receive a refund on. I don't have to endure this mess with other shopping sites.. Only here at SLC!!
8 x

Gulfwaterlady

Re: Okay..I am officially done!!

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 10 months ago

I fee really bad for you. A huge household repair bill is really stressful.
You didn't get one dose of Shop LC's incompetence, you got a triple whamy. Their is no quality control. It is such a shame when a customer gets treated like you have. To send a customer an item that has been used and returned is disgusting! To switch items is total dishonesty and should never be tolerated in business.
I watched just a bit on and off in the am, afternoon and evening for the last two days after the ridiculous Black Friday. I see sterling silver gemstone pieces that time after time are selling only around twenty pieces. This never used to happen. I think because of all the high priced jewelry, lots of people have just stopped watching. Likewise, they are having terrible experiences like yours.
Try to leave the house, have dinner at your favorite restaurant and listen to our favorite music. You won't let this happen again. In the future, I wish you only peace and goodness.
7 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 10 months ago

Shopper I am so sorry about your week! I know how you feel. I had a really horrible ordeal last week that makes me sick with guilt which I will post about later.

Regarding the Caftan I would spray a stain remover on it wash it in cold water and call it a day. I have ordered kyanite from Shop LC before and all my stones were great except for a bangle the stones look black. Ugh! The Polki diamonds which I have several have been great as well. I think with yours ( I would have returned it as well) Shop LC looks at it as… well it’s wearable so what’s wrong? I have returned items where if 1 stone is bad the whole piece is bad. I do not blame you for returning them and I would call CS and let them know how you feel. You should refunded all the return shipping fees. Let us know and don’t disappear from the forum even if you’re not buying. Things will get better!
5 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 10 months ago

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm so sorry Shopper . . . water heaters are a MESS to deal with. I have been lucky so far mine has not gone out (i'm sure it will soon) but my husband's buddy had his go out and ruined ALL the flooring on their trailer.

It's not just the expense, but the full on HEADACHE and stress of worrying about it, trying to get it fixed and hoping everything gets fixed correctly :(

I wish things could have turned out differently with your SLC purchases . . . at least ONE good purchase to have made up for the headache.

Looking online on my gemsite, kyanite does seem to have a lot of cracks and fissures in it, although I'm not seeing any with major "dirt" inclusions like you saw in yours/ Actually the ones online despite having cracks, STILL look better than the SLC one in your ring (i looked it up on their website). The stones online run about $10/ct for stones under 3ct, and anything over 3ct price jumps to $100 and up.

It gets tricky as a company, to decide to carry low quality stones and tout them as something amazing. I think it can be ok to sell low grade stones, but tout it as an affordable and exotic option, not something spectacular. Further, the way they MOUNTED the stone makes a low-quality gemstone appear to be something amazing (when it's not). I had the SAME issue wth my neon appatite in a halo of diamond bagguettes. IT WAS TRASH.

So really, it's now not about saving people money so much as it is thinking people are stupid and will believe anything you say and won't do their research. ACtually that's why most of their deals are "buy now, buy now!" so you act impulsively and don't have time to research.

I will admit that many of my stones are "affordable" and not top quality. Since I am new to setting stones I certainly don't want to ruin a high dollar one right off the bat! But even my LOW QUALITY stones are STILL many marks above what SLC carries for quality.

My husand was oogling over the welo opal stone beaded necklace last night (it did look stunning). And it SOLD OUT ($999). I shook my head. KNowing what I know about welo opals, likely many necklaces will be sent back. Trying to match THAT MANY OPALS for ONE necklace is a feat. But trying to source enough for 20? Cheryl insisted that Anker checked each necklace himself to ensure quality . . . RIGHT . . .

I haven't bought anything since the last awful round (and I've been tempted!). I keep reminding myself I don't need extra headaches right now . . . how awful that EVERY SINGLE PURCHASE had to be sent back :( :( :(

You are right @Gulfwaterlady I have noticed purchases have been down as well. Even the low cost items under $20, and certainly many high dollar items. Stuff that used to sell out hundreds now only maybe 10. Everyone realizes the gig is up.

PS -- what are the odds a few certain posters won't bother offering you words of sympathy?? Likely because they DON'T buy like we do, but get to go direct to the source and roll their eyes at our complaining . . .
2 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 10 months ago

I should have read this one last . . . I'm going to bump it back to the top so others can catch it --
0 x

joshuatheemerald

Post by joshuatheemerald » 10 months ago

Shopper,

Sorry to hear of your situation with the home repair. You can always come on here and vent to us when you need to! Hoping it all is repaired quickly so you can go back to regular life! :)

Regarding your caftan purchase: I know that LC has a pretty specific return policy, but I wish they would consider things like customer loyalty and order history so there was more compassion in situations like yours. I think it goes without saying that a majority of us posting here consistently shop and buy with some level of regularity. They should see that you’ve made 10 purchases in a year with no returns or something like that, and know you are bringing to them a serious concern, not trying to be sneaky or anything. Hopefully someone on the customer service team might help, or you could try posting on their Facebook page? I saw one customer who bombarded every post that LC made on their Facebook page about a customer service issue.. she eventually got her refund she said.
4 x

lah2001

Post by lah2001 » 10 months ago

joshuatheemerald wrote:
10 months ago

Regarding your caftan purchase: I know that LC has a pretty specific return policy, but I wish they would consider things like customer loyalty and order history so there was more compassion in situations like yours.
I totally agree! Like many here, I've purchased *tons* of items from ShopLC since 2012, but they don't seem to take that into account when I have an issue. I even got another person's order sent to me once. I had to call them and be on the phone clearing their mixup for over an hour, escalate it to a supervisor, repackage and tape everything back up, and schlep to the post office and return it, even though it was entirely their mistake. Other sellers I use would have said I should just hold onto the item (I didn't want it, couldn't use it, but returning it sure was a pain). Or at least they could have sent someone from UPS or whatever to pick the package up from me.

Shopper, sorry to hear about your water heater and of your troubles with ShopLC. I've had personal shoppers call me to ask why I returned certain items, so you might try to call a personal shopper and tell them about your experiences.
6 x

William

Post by William » 10 months ago

Shopper

I AM so sorry about your water heater! Mine is OLD and I Live in fear of it!!!! I Hope it gets fixed correctly and quick! So sorry about the floor! I Hope that also gets fixed quick!
It is SOOO Hard in my area to find help with the house -- Everyone is Too Busy -- most say they can't handle any more work right now ---or simply don't even return the call!!!

I Wish you best of luck and Quick repair!

So sorry about the slc issues! trying to get a little retail comfort should not result in more stress!

I Hope Everyone hs a Happy 4th of July !!! Thanks All ------------- William
4 x

Chicago

Post by Chicago » 10 months ago

lah2001 I had that same thing happen to me. I received someone else's order and I called to let them know. They had me send it back to them also. Packaging things is a real pain for me and in this case I had to buy a mailer to get the items sent in since the original was ruined. So, it cost me money beside the time to package and take it to the post office. I was not very happy with that at all. When something like this happens, I would like to at least be thanked by them or something - but nothing. In the future I don't know for sure if I would even let them know I had received another's order if it happened again. My lawyer friend said I should have started charging them for the storage of the item until they arranged to have it picked up. It does absolutely get extremely frustrating oftentimes when dealing with them.
5 x

lah2001

Post by lah2001 » 10 months ago

Chicago wrote:
10 months ago
lah2001 I had that same thing happen to me. I received someone else's order and I called to let them know. They had me send it back to them also. Packaging things is a real pain for me and in this case I had to buy a mailer to get the items sent in since the original was ruined. So, it cost me money beside the time to package and take it to the post office. I was not very happy with that at all. When something like this happens, I would like to at least be thanked by them or something - but nothing. In the future I don't know for sure if I would even let them know I had received another's order if it happened again. My lawyer friend said I should have started charging them for the storage of the item until they arranged to have it picked up. It does absolutely get extremely frustrating oftentimes when dealing with them.
Wow, that's *really* frustrating, annoying, and wrong. It's like ShopLC doesn't take responsibility for their mistakes or something! I love what your lawyer friend said about it. If it happens to me again, I may not even bother to send it back, either. In my case, the shipping invoice had another person's name on it (they just mailed the package to me for some reason), so I just kept thinking of that poor person being told their package was delivered but never getting it.

Yes, a heartfelt "thank you" and "we're so sorry we made this mistake" would have gone a long way. And maybe, as is the case of companies who handle things like this in a much classier way, a gift code in a small amount for our trouble would have made me happy and *delivered joy*.
7 x