What is T ?

Gulfwaterlady

What is T ?

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 10 months ago

A lot of you mention competition from T. Is it a shopping channel or a store?
I have no idea what company that is. Can you give me a hint? I know Wally World and Big River.
1 x

FarmMom

Re: What is T ?

Post by FarmMom » 10 months ago

My understanding is it's the new Chinese version of the big river store... they advertise on everything!

Things are super cheap and so is shipping and its FAST.
1 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 10 months ago

These new all Chinese clothing and Amazon type websites use child labor. I try not to buy anymore than I have to from any Chinese exporters.
4 x

Greeneyesbluesighs

Post by Greeneyesbluesighs » 10 months ago

Well good morning.

T is kind of like the big river (as FARMMOM says) yes. You can find anything and everything there and at every price point from pennies on up.

But the shipping is free, always. And no they are not fast, at all. It takes about 10-12 day for orders.

As far as it being a company that uses child labor, all of those fast fashion companies do. You would be shocked to discover how many labels (many many of them designers) are a “fast fashion” company. Since “T” is not a manufacturer they do not use child labor. They claim they do not deal with vendors that do but we all know most items that come into this country are likely to use sketchy/illegal/immoral labor practices. They are just able to hide it well. The only way around that controversy (or so we think) is to only buy items made in the USA. However, many of the items made in the USA use COMPONENTS made elsewhere. And so sadly we circle right back around to the issue.

You can find “T” by Googling “company like “A””
Look for the orange packaging.
4 x

Gulfwaterlady

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 10 months ago

I found T following your advice. The pictures of the items on the website are so small. I looked at fragrances. So, so many of them. I don't care what location they say they are located in, this is China.
I used to be so disappointed when items from Shop LC were marked made in China. They constantly talk about their manufacturing being done at their facility in Jaipur, India.
I saw Made in China on a lot on their stainless steel.
If they built one of the only 2 stainless steel factories in the world, I guess they built it in China. Where is the other one? Of course, it's in China too!
2 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 10 months ago

I thought I heard them say they were one of the few manufacturers of stainless steel jewelry and the factory is in India. Lord knows maybe they bought one in China with kids running the show!
1 x

Lacy

Re: What is T

Post by Lacy » 10 months ago

I've been searching items on T site that I have previously purchased from A, Sh LC, Home D for example. It suprised me that T has them all for much cheaper with no shipping. So the question is, do all these companies buy in bulk from T and sell them to use for 5x the price with high shipping. If so, we are all buying from china even if we don't want too,
being fooled and overcharged. It makes you wonder.
3 x

Greeneyesbluesighs

Re: What is T

Lacy wrote:
10 months ago
I've been searching items on T site that I have previously purchased from A, Sh LC, Home D for example. It suprised me that T has them all for much cheaper with no shipping. So the question is, do all these companies buy in bulk from T and sell them to use for 5x the price with high shipping. If so, we are all buying from china even if we don't want too,
being fooled and overcharged. It makes you wonder.

No what is happening is that “T” as well as “A” and other companies buy from the same manufacturers. That is why you will very often see the same exact merch and even the same stock photos on various sites. Even people at “Sketchy” buy from these places and often try to pass the items off as made by them. “T” has undercut prices of all their competitors. Notice on “T” you can even find some very familiar items that are “under $10” elsewhere but at “T” they are much less.

And anymore it is very very difficult to buy anything that is not made (or has components made) in China. You want to support a clothing company that manufactures its pieces in USA. Well dollars to donuts the fabrics, notions and machinery they use are made in China.

I admit it’s fun there. I wanted to check them out. I ordered one of their Bogg bag dupes. I wanted to see how it compared to my real Bogg bag. I got it day before yesterday. Literally cannot tell the difference. Other than the Bogg was around $100. and the dupe was a whopping $19.00.
4 x

Greeneyesbluesighs

So I’ve been buying from T for a few months. I have to say some has been “research shopping”. Is that a thing? Well it is now!

Let’s take a trip. Here at ShopLC they have the “chaos” bags. (Now they are discontinuing them). I have several and like most of them quite a bit.
Strolling down the “aisles” of “T” I decided to see if I could find those bags. (Previously I had also found them on the Z site as well, another fast-fashion site that does bulk order drop shipping).

Well whadya know I found the “chaos” bags on T. But are they the same? So what do I do? Oh yeah, I ordered one. It was a style I adore and never shown at ShopLC but the style didn’t matter. I received the bag and before opening it went and got one of my “chaos” bags to compare.
The bag from “T” is exactly, and I mean EXACTLY the same. Same leather, same stitching, same lining.

Also to note, the “chaos” bag from ShopLC has no label. It is not branded. Neither is the bag from T.

So back to the lesson of “fast-fashion”. This manufacturer of these bags creates them (with no label) for other companies to tag as their XYZ “in the case of ShopLC, chaos” brand. Most companies who buy no label items do in fact have them labeled with their own branding. The bags from the “Z” site did have them branded. But I ordered one of those as well (that was some time ago) and it too was exactly the same.

TAMSY is in fact a brand that is indeed ShopLC’s. Do I think for one minute that they have their own exclusive factory, designers and employees? No. I think they have partnered with a manufacturer to design and create and label clothing items just for them. And nothing wrong with that. There is nothing unusual about it.

From T I have ordered a variety of items from gadgets, t-shirts, tote bags of a few different types. Nail products, pet toys (I know there are more items I just can’t recall) and some self care devices that are VERY expensive elsewhere (like here). Currently testing those but they appear to be the exact same things. Remember all these things are made in a factory somewhere and few places actually own their own factory.
3 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 10 months ago

What is Z?🤔
2 x