Pre-order

Chicago

Pre-order

Post by Chicago » 10 months ago

Has anyone purchased something that says it's a pre-order? If so, how did it go for you? There are two bracelets I want and when I put them in my cart, it says they are pre-order.
Customer service told me that pre-orders can take 3-4 weeks to receive. I'm a little uncomfortable ordering that way with shoplc, but I really want the bracelets. Any thought or experiences with this?
3 x

Bella

Re: Pre-order

Post by Bella » 10 months ago

Chicago I ordered a pink opal and amethyst bracelet on pre order ( I love pink opal) it was very nice and I received it within 2 weeks or so. I had no issues, hope this helps!
4 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 9 months ago

I guess my concern would be, A: they lose the order and everyone forgets due to so much time going by, B: They give you a hard time if you try to return such an item saying it's "passed the return window" or C: They argue it's a special order and CANNOT be returned.
2 x

Chicago

Post by Chicago » 9 months ago

Bella I love pink opal also!
2 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 9 months ago

Hello Chicago....

I can understand your concern and I just want to let you know that I had two items a few years back that were a pre-order but all was good when I got them
One of them was the rhinestone mask when all that C was going on, the other I can't remember but I can recall I had two pre-orders....lol

Hope this helps but I have to agree with FarmMom concerns.....she has a good point
1 x

Shopper7192

Post by Shopper7192 » 9 months ago

@Chicago
Most of the time the pre-orders refer to them not having the item in stock in their Austin warehouse. It is still in India and it will take them anywhere from 2-4 weeks to get it from India to their Austin warehouse and then to you.

I didn't like this and asked them why they were selling items that they did not actually have "In stock" when it shows they have it in stock and would be shipped out within one business day (which is a joke too as NONE of my orders ever shipped out in one business day!).. I never got a decent answer to that but whenever I saw this I usually did not order the item unless it was something that I just had to have.. I did this a couple of times but I also cancelled many orders that showed up as being pre-orders.

They used to not have this information on the website at all and you wouldn't even know it until many days had passed and your item/order had still not shipped out and you would have to contact them to find out why and that is what you would be told. They always apologized and said that they were working on getting that (pre-order) information on the website for the items so that the customers would know it first hand. I guess they are getting that part done but I stopped buying anything from them that was listed that way because I personally didn't like the fact that they took the money out of my account immediately but wouldn't ship the item until 2-4 weeks later!!
2 x

Chicago

Post by Chicago » 9 months ago

Shopper 7192 I also don't like them having my money all that time and me having to wait for the item. I think I'm going to pass on the preorder. I just don't have enough trust in them.
3 x

Shopper7192

Post by Shopper7192 » 9 months ago

Chicago wrote:
9 months ago
Shopper 7192 I also don't like them having my money all that time and me having to wait for the item. I think I'm going to pass on the preorder. I just don't have enough trust in them.
I totally understand and don't blame you at all. I personally think that if any business/company is advertising something for sale as "In Stock, usually shipping within one business day" then they need to follow through on that and do so instead of having items on the site that are not really in the warehouse or available to ship out within 2 days or so. It would be much better if they would first get the stock in their warehouse "prior" to trying to sell it when they don't actually have possession of it!

That's just my opinion..😉
1 x