Cutting back is everywhere!

Gulfwaterlady

Cutting back is everywhere!

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 9 months ago

I got two packages from the big river. Both items were about 12" x12" and in boxes. When they arrived, I was shocked that neither of them were packaged in an 'A' box. The address label was put right on the item. It wasn't anything really personal, but why should people be able to see what I order. The item was clearly visible to everyone. I called and complained. This is really wrong. Plus, I pay for Prime. I definitely should get my items packaged. One was a completely plastic bird feeder. I am amazed it wasn't cracked. The feeder didn't have any protection at all.
I was told there is a box you have to click on if you want your item in 'A' packaging. This is ridiculous!
The other item was a teeth water flosser. Mine broke, so I wanted a new one quickly. I like the next day shipping for things I really need. But, Prime has gone up in price. Why do I get less?
LC does not use boxes very often but at least they put the item inside something!
7 x

FarmMom

Re: Cutting back is everywhere!

Post by FarmMom » 9 months ago

Agree! I had this happen too. Once I ordered some mega blocks for my grandson, it was suppossed to come in a carry bag. Instead, they dumped everything into a box and put the bag on top. WTH? I've also had items come not packaged, but usually it's already a box so I shrug.

I'd be furious if it was a bird feeder!
4 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 9 months ago

I hope to heck they package feminine hygiene products or personal intimacy items. That could be embarrassing! Who wants the whole world to see what you ordered? I ordered a nice birdbath for my mother one year for her birthday and it was delivered with no outer packaging but in a box with a big old picture of the item on the front. My mother is standing at the door going who ordered the birdbath?
3 x

Shopper7192

Post by Shopper7192 » 9 months ago

@Gulfwaterlady
I was like WHAT :o reading your post! :shock: I am also a prime member but haven't had that happen yet.. keyword being "yet".. I will keep an eye out during checkout for anything mentioning that you would need to select having a "prime" box for shipping when it really should be included with the order!!
I just received a couple of orders Saturday but they were in the plastic shipping bags as it was nothing to really be concerned about getting damaged.. (Washer hoses and a stud finder)

I will let you know if I find the STUD, LOL!! Just kidding!! I am 31 years happily married to my STUD Muffin! :D
7 x

FarmMom

Shopper7192 wrote:
9 months ago
@Gulfwaterlady
I was like WHAT :o reading your post! :shock: I am also a prime member but haven't had that happen yet.. keyword being "yet".. I will keep an eye out during checkout for anything mentioning that you would need to select having a "prime" box for shipping when it really should be included with the order!!
I just received a couple of orders Saturday but they were in the plastic shipping bags as it was nothing to really be concerned about getting damaged.. (Washer hoses and a stud finder)

I will let you know if I find the STUD, LOL!! Just kidding!! I am 31 years happily married to my STUD Muffin! :D
Nuggets! You beat me to the stud joke!

Side note, mine also has gone bad it seems and I'll likely need to replace , but I'll likely wait until I need it to get a new one, ha!
4 x

Gulfwaterlady

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 9 months ago

I think it's great that you call your husband by such an adorable name. I hope he will see what you wrote about him. He may not say so but he will really be happy. Congrats on all your years together!
2 x

Chicago

Post by Chicago » 9 months ago

I had that happen to me also. It was a shirt I ordered and when I saw the see through package, I thought for sure that delivery had ruined my box or something and had just relabeled the plastic the shirt was in. At least now I know I'm not the only one they are doing this to. At least shoplc isn't doing this thank goodness.
1 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 9 months ago

FarmMom wrote:
9 months ago
"Side note, mine also has gone bad it seems and I'll likely need to replace , but I'll likely wait until I need it to get a new one, ha!"
Ah...FarmMom. You talkin about a stud finder, or your husband? :lol: :lol: :lol:
4 x

FarmMom

colljoe wrote:
9 months ago
FarmMom wrote:
9 months ago
"Side note, mine also has gone bad it seems and I'll likely need to replace , but I'll likely wait until I need it to get a new one, ha!"
Ah...FarmMom. You talkin about a stud finder, or your husband? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was wondering that myself :shock:
1 x

FarmMom

*big eraser taken to board and wiped clean*

I do gotta say.... I find it ODD that any host would WANT to come on here (the forum). They KNOW it's not all going to be puppies and kittens, so just why? I don't know any Youtuber except ONE who would consider such a thing. It's NOT something you do. I'm sure there are forums dedicated to dogging on me. Am I going to look for them? NOPE. You can't make everyone like you - you stick to the group that usually support you (and even then the faithful ones will have their greviences at times).

Why go looking for trouble?

The ONLY channel I knew who did that, was Pure Living for Life (YouTube). People figured out after a few years that everything was fake and caught them in lies (they were pretending to be homesteading and building a new house), and they got angry. So hate forums popped up, other YouTube channels mocking them, and even a cartoon series (quite funny actually) that made fun of all the famous moments in their videos. But still they KEPT AT IT. They'd jump on other channels and begin harassing them, call out other channels in their videos, and scream "poor us" at every turn. They created fake accounts to troll other channels and even follow their subs around and heckle them.

This only increased the disdain from their viewers and eventually they "paused" YouTube activity for 2 years.

Until one day they made a video about being stalked. Likely it was all a stunt, but it got them some views for a bit ;)

Every job has it's drawbacks. If you don't like them, choose a different one. And if you go looking for trouble, you will find it.
2 x