Who is the beautiful Brunette working with Matt right now? please

MaeWest1953

Who is the beautiful Brunette working with Matt right now? please

Post by MaeWest1953 » 9 months ago

Oh wow, I just tuned in about 15 minutes ago and how nice to see a classy Host with Matt :)
First thing I noticed is her vocabulary, she doesn't repeat herself, has plenty to say without sounding like a Robot who constantly says the same ole same ole slogans "first one in, last one out"...fastest fingers first, Friends, don't forget the web page, my gold jewelry etc.

We sure could use this breath of fresh air on the Night Owl show with Becky, Chris or Hunter :)
She dresses classy without wearing plunging neckline outfits, not to mention she seems genuine with a happy smiling face and not a fake half smile that doesn't move...lol
I am just wondering who she is and if she will be staying? thanks
5 x

Gulfwaterlady

Re: Who is the beautiful Brunette working with Matt right now? please

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 9 months ago

When a viewer sent in a live email asking who the new host was, Matt introduced her as Jana. I'm not quite sure of the spelling. He said she had been a guest host.
She didn't say anything about herself. She is beautiful, intelligent, and very professional. If she is a permanent show host, Shop LC was extremely fortunate.
6 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 9 months ago

Hi May,

Like Gulfwater lady said, she was a guest host filling in for Marva. I don't know exactly what happened, but Marva somehow got switched to Tony's show (I am guessing the co-host with Tony was a no show . . . possibly Michelle?), and she "had really been looking forward to hosting with Matt" who was FINALLY in the studio, but it sounded like Matt had possibly brought his OWN guest co-host in . . . in the way he introduced her. ok, so you never REALLY know if ANYTHING a host says is the truth, but Matt claimed to have known her many years and she was skilled at cutting and faceting stones and had extensive knowledge on jewelry.

She didn't mention having worked at other networks either . . .

On an unrelated note, has the ShopLC stylist and make-up person quit? The hosts have been looking VERY un-made lately. I noticed it first with Becky last week, who USUALLY for Sunday nights looks ON POINT with fantastic evening make-up and hair. Marva as well!

But last week she LOOKED AVERAGE. I mean, like what you'd expect her to look going out to get groceries. And MArva too. In general it seemed like hosts were looking much less made-up . . . Anyone else notice??
5 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 9 months ago

That would be Jana Laurin originally from JTV. She has quite the extensive jewelry background, having worked on the cruise ships etc. You can find her on Facebook and the others, for more info on her. Yes, I saw her too and really do like her. Very professional and presents pieces quite well. Now, if only Matt would tone it down a bit and quit talking so much!
6 x

Gulfwaterlady

So far, I think Shop LC got a gem from JTV named Jana. I hope she does not take on the bad habits from the female hosts in Austin, TX.
joshuaemerald said something in a post about class, sofistication and beauty I had never heard. I will try and locate it.
Joshueemerald, do you remember how you described the female hosts on the Q?
3 x

Gulfwaterlady

This is not a quote, I don't want to quote, but I was impressed by joshuaemerald's description of the female hosts on the Q...
'a relaxed style but put together to have a certain visual aesthetic'
4 x

joshuatheemerald

Post by joshuatheemerald » 9 months ago

Gulfwaterlady,

Yes, I said what you wrote. Jana might be good sitting in the chair where Cheryl or Chuck sits as the gem expert and let one of the other ladies do the modeling of the jewelry. I think it would be great to have someone who has that gem and jewelry knowledge as you all are saying in that expert role rather than one of the guys. Of course Cheryl does sit in that position but I think Jana’s way of presenting would be much more welcoming of a buyer. Someone confident but casual in that right hand side of the screen chair, paired with either Jessica or Hannah or Dionne might be good to talk about how to style it and accessorize with it. Jessica Hannah Dionne are the hosts who I think replicate that QVC style of not being pushy but wanting to genuinely help the customer decide if it’s for them or not based on how they recommend wearing something.
4 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 9 months ago

Good evening GulfwaterLady, FarmMom and Colljoe.......

I want to thank you all for the responses and good information about Jana :)
She is on right now with that new guy Steve and once again wearing a beautiful outfit that isn't showing off the cleavage, thank goodness another Host who has self confidence and esteem!!
She isn't there to try and be flirtatious like a couple of desperate attention craving Hosts that come to mind, one during the day and one at night :P

I agree with all of your comments, and yes GWL she appears to be a Gem :)
Soft spoken, clean make up without that fake pageant look!!
No wonder I liked her vocabulary, she is an experienced Jewelry person who knows the business and talks with such a comfortable demeanor (thanks Colljoe and I agree, Matt needs to slow his roll)
Completely agree with GulfwaterLady on hoping she doesn't become like some of the Austin, Texas hosts

FarmMom.....I am glad you brought up the missing stylists and make-up personal; I thought it was just me thinking some of the folks were looking like they were dragging and not put together well :roll:
4 x

Leanderlynne

Post by Leanderlynne » 9 months ago

As far as the ShopLC stylist and make-up person...they need to tell D NOT to have those ridiculous raccoon eyes when she is hosting. They look AWFUL! :oops: :oops:
3 x

joshuatheemerald

Post by joshuatheemerald » 9 months ago

I agree that sometimes it seems the hosts just have strolled up to the camera after running errands at Target or Walmart. I watch a lot of QVC or ShopLC in the background during the day, but I happened to be watching between both channels yesterday afternoon… the contrast was almost baffling. The hosts on QVC were calm, natural and… on this topic… very well put together. Yesterday I felt something stuck out that I hadn’t noticed really before but Katie the blonde who hosts the morning and afternoons early in the week, every time I see her not only is her appearance and wardrobe choices seem odd… almost like a sweatsuit with bra straps showing and tennis shoes. She seems to be dressed down a lot when I catch her… and when she is on with Cheryl the two of them could really care less about presenting the items, they are just laughing and giggling away, making inside jokes or talking to their producers or whoever in their earpiece. Another point I also noticed yesterday when changing between channels was that even when QVC had a remote guest, the video quality and the audio was still very high. Some of the remote people especially Matt, and some of the Product representatives really have poor video quality or are sitting in a dark room. They should really check the quality before letting them live on TV!
5 x