Daniel

Catwoman48

Re: Daniel

Post by Catwoman48 » 8 months ago

Daniel Green is in fact from the UK, London. He was on ShopHQ/EVINE for several years. He excelled in the classier presentations, Waterford, diamond jewelry, etc. Not only does he look great in evening clothes, he is an accomplished chef and has written several cookbooks. After leaving ShopHQ, he kind of drifted around and did some questionable cookware infomercials. Shouting is not his thing.

Mercifully, he has landed at ShopLC and I hope he will be there for a while. He is a gentleman, a very low-key and classy salesman under normal circumstances. As I recall, his brief foray into screaming infomercials was during the depths of COVID, a difficult time for all of us. You can imagine what it was like trying to keep a job in TV shopping, a cutthroat business in the best of times.

ShopHQ appears to be on its last legs. All the good vendors have left, and they let their most personable hosts go. There are some nice ladies still there, but I find them all annoyingly fast-talking and hard-sell. No more Waterford reps, so Waterford is on its way out. The bankruptcy will probably be the nail in the coffin. I will miss Melissa Miner, as we go way back to the days of ShopAtHome! With Kim, as I recall.
7 x

Crystal-lover

Post by Crystal-lover » 8 months ago

I was happy to see Daniel today. I always liked him and glad he is with Shop LC. Saw him with Katie. Looking good
4 x

RoseyRuby

Post by RoseyRuby » 7 months ago

WOW. That's really sad about ShopHQ. I used to buy stuff from them almost weekly. Now, it's very sporadic, as I'm retired and don't have any place to wear nice clothes or jewelry. I pretty much furnished my living room with stuff--silk covered chairs, Tiffany lamps, candlesticks, vases, Waterford Crystal (don't even use), back in the day they had the best quality, selection and prices. I think things started going downhill when the Dubrows came onboard. I recall reading somewhere that they invested in the Co. That's around the time I lost interest. I still buy things here and there, but mostly from the Fl, MN channels and of course ShopLC.
4 x

joshuatheemerald

Post by joshuatheemerald » 7 months ago

I browse a lot of the various channels and was very surprised to see Daniel appear here on LC, then on QVC a few weeks later and now back again on LC. I would think there would be non-compete type of situations. I always viewed the hosts and presenters like the news anchor or talk show hosts… sure the celebrity guests and cooks etc. appear on all the different shows, but you never see an NBC host appear on ABC etc.
3 x

Leanderlynne

Post by Leanderlynne » 7 months ago

Nikki just started back on QVC. I think it was last week.
5 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 7 months ago

Leanderlynne wrote:
7 months ago
She had said a while back that she'd be popping in and out for a while, I'm guessing she was negotiating contracts between SLC and QVC, and QVC won . . .
4 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 7 months ago

She’s probably better off at QVC. I still wonder what happened with ShopHq? Anyway she got some good sales experience in. I would hate to only have ShopLC on my “sales resume’”
3 x

joshuatheemerald

Post by joshuatheemerald » 7 months ago

FarmMom wrote:
7 months ago
Leanderlynne wrote:
7 months ago
She had said a while back that she'd be popping in and out for a while, I'm guessing she was negotiating contracts between SLC and QVC, and QVC won . . .
I watch QVC often but haven’t seen Nikki. I checked out her social media and it looks like her is just a brand representative, not a an actual host. Could be a good setup for her wanting to be closer to home in New Jersey as she has said before on air when she “subs in” on LC. Good luck to her transitioning to this new role.
4 x

Gulfwaterlady

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 7 months ago

Daniel
You have so many excellent qualities as a host. Please don't lower your standards by working for SLC. They will gradually change your work ethic. You are a pleasure to watch. But, you deserve so much better. Please relocate to PA and work at the Q.
1 x

Lisapisa

Post by Lisapisa » 6 months ago

It looks like he is back on ShopHQ. On now with watches. Just FYI
1 x