Good Grief!! new Steve just said the TLV Rhinestone Necklace in Fushia looks just like a $35,000 Tourmaline one

MaeWest1953

Good Grief!! new Steve just said the TLV Rhinestone Necklace in Fushia looks just like a $35,000 Tourmaline one

Post by MaeWest1953 » 8 months ago

Wow!! I just can't stop laughing at such a ridiculous statement :lol: :lol:
I get that he is a Salesman but comments like this are so dumb and way over the top!
My gosh I really want to watch the show and like him but he makes it difficult :(

He is insulting the viewing audience also.....most of us have been watching and buying with ShopLC for a minute and we don't need a "know it all" telling us how to make money by purchasing 5 of the other necklaces and then sell those and "make money" to get ours for free :roll:

Then he wants to convince us that a $9.99 necklace and earrings looks like this expensive stone Tourmaline
Why can't a Host just be a reasonable person and have a sales pitch that is normal and sensible?
During this whole time I have been typing this post up he already has repeated this crazy claim at least 6 times......good grief!!

This is why I enjoy watching ShopLC only when certain "experienced and humble" Guys and Gals are working
They talk to us without all the shenanigans, lies and nonsense just to make a sale ;) ;)
10 x

FarmMom

Re: Good Grief!! new Steve just said the TLV Rhinestone Necklace in Fushia looks just like a $35,000 Tourmaline one

Post by FarmMom » 8 months ago

I probably would have reacted the same had I seen it. I have no doubt that when they present dyed green jade again they will be telling everyone it looks like emerald, lol, but Lah and Bella can vouch that it DOES indeed have a resemblance.

Rhinestones though . . . why tourmaline?

I went back on youtube and watched the presentation and it's in SILVERTONE, which i DON"T understand, the mall cheapo shops sells that stuff IN STERLING silver . . . and it's STILL under $100.

But they just look CHEAP. They don't look like something more expensive, but you COULD use them as a dress border for a formal dress I suppose and it would look nice! It's something more FUN that high end formal.

But HERE"S THE THING:

When they try to say "of course, you can re-sell them online and double your money!"

FALSE.

I TRIED to do that once. I had bought several of their earrings, and while they did look kinda nice, the large stone set in the center made them look fake and I had accidentally ordered 2 pairs extra. Listed them on FB online and could not sell even for what it cost me.

I suppose if you had an actual business where you did that all day and could afford to wait 6 months it might move, but after 2 months I gave up. Selling stuff isn't as cut and dry as they make it sound, although I know at least one person does buy stuff and re-sell it online (either Lah or Bella I believe) but they don't do it on a whim they have been doing it awhile and have a good system down ;)
6 x

Bella

Re: Good Grief!! new Steve just said the TLV Rhinestone Necklace in Fushia looks just like a $35,000 Tourmaline one

Post by Bella » 8 months ago

FarmMom, must be Lah I have never sold any of my jewelry online. Maybe I should to make room for more! LOL

Also, I have yet to see ANY rhinestone necklace that could pass for high end Tourmaline. What BS!
Last edited by Bella 8 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
5 x

Sea

Post by Sea » 8 months ago

I was watching Steve and Michele last night too and I am so sick of his buy all buy all especially with the sleeping beauty medallion. Not everyone can afford to buy it at $200.00 much less buy six of them he was really annoying last night. He was pushing this on every product I actually liked him better in the beginning when he was more quiet and let the other host talk 😂😂😂 at least Michele cut him off a few times to get her opinion on the products 😂😂😂
5 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 8 months ago

Unless you’re a small business/jeweler or a reseller online who is going to buy 6 identical sleeping beauty necklaces and then jack up the price to sell them for a decent profit? It could perhaps take a year or more to sell them, also some people just don’t like turquoise. I know because I use to be one of those.
6 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 8 months ago

I'm the reseller and true, I still have inventory from years ago. But, I have been doing this for years and will continue. The trick is to STOP buying now and then, as needed, until your inventory moves in a positive direction. I do special sales events on certain items to move them. Plus, what not to buy anymore and what does sell. That comes I believe with years worth of experience at doing this. I have done well, and make my own too, and create special items for us rock hunters. Uh Hum...my Avatar. ;)
FarmMom If I have those cheaper items that won't move, they certainly do at a yard sale. Some money is better than no money.
The Rhinestone necklaces are big sellers for the Wedding/Event vendors. It is a good price from Shop LC if you are into that type of business. I call it the "BEDAZZLED BLING" business. Anything that sparkles, works. What a Woman won't do for her wedding.
6 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 8 months ago

colljoe wrote:
8 months ago
I'm the reseller and true, I still have inventory from years ago. But, I have been doing this for years and will continue. The trick is to STOP buying now and then, as needed, until your inventory moves in a positive direction. I do special sales events on certain items to move them. Plus, what not to buy anymore and what does sell. That comes I believe with years worth of experience at doing this. I have done well, and make my own too, and create special items for us rock hunters. Uh Hum...my Avatar. ;)
FarmMom If I have those cheaper items that won't move, they certainly do at a yard sale. Some money is better than no money.
The Rhinestone necklaces are big sellers for the Wedding/Event vendors. It is a good price from Shop LC if you are into that type of business. I call it the "BEDAZZLED BLING" business. Anything that sparkles, works. What a Woman won't do for her wedding.
Actyually the one I bought was for my daughter, but she ended up moving out of state during Covid and never went to a single dance :(

BUT, you are correct . . . there are always weddings ;)
4 x

MaeWest1953

Hey FarmMom and Bella,

Your comments are interesting and so correct :)
I could not figure out how Steve saw Tourmaline in that TLV, like you said FarmMom, it's cheap looking and the Tourmaline I have seen on ShopLC was so pretty!

Yes Bella, his BS is over the top!!
I myself tried to sell some ShopLC jewelry at an open aire market several times and I am stuck with it, only was able to sell 5 items of very pretty bracelets and rhinestone necklaces
Sold them for $5.00 over what I paid after they sat for months!
2 x

MaeWest1953

Sea wrote:
8 months ago
I was watching Steve and Michele last night too and I am so sick of his buy all buy all especially with the sleeping beauty medallion. Not everyone can afford to buy it at $200.00 much less buy six of them he was really annoying last night. He was pushing this on every product I actually liked him better in the beginning when he was more quiet and let the other host talk 😂😂😂 at least Michele cut him off a few times to get her opinion on the products 😂😂😂
Glad you brought this up Sea!

I watched that show and IT WAS BRUTAL :(
He took on host C.C.'s persona and never stopped talking!!
Steve kept talking while Michele was speaking, muttering comments in the background WHEN she got the opportunity to talk !!

It was hard to tolerate, but I love Michele so I stayed to watch for over a hour and a half :roll:
He will always remind me of a "m...a Boss" if you get my drift
Expecting folks to listen to everything he has to say and completely ignoring anyone else who is around :(

And yes! he was so much better to listen to when he was humble (which lasted about 3 days)
He talks to the viewing audience like this is our first Rodeo!
No way is Steve in touch with normal folks who want a good deal and save some money!

I still remember last week approx. when he was bragging for over a hour how he spent "thousands" of dollars on his wife's handbags!
Definitely a "syndrome" going on here :(
4 x

MaeWest1953

Hi Colljoe!

Oh I bet your inventory is beautiful....I LOVE bling, gaudy and statement jewelry like the Rhinestones that ShopLC offers :)
I have bought quite a few and always get compliments!

Wish you could show your items but I know you can't but you have the right direction in how to deal with it during the good times as well as the slow times ;)
3 x