ARE THERE "TOP SELLERS" ON SHOP LC and Are Hosts Given Status Ratings On Their Sales?

MaeWest1953

ARE THERE "TOP SELLERS" ON SHOP LC and Are Hosts Given Status Ratings On Their Sales?

Post by MaeWest1953 » 9 months ago

Good day everyone :)

I have been meaning to ask this question for a while now!
Does anyone know if the Hosts get bonuses or choice of hours if they are a high dollar producer in sales on their shows? (i.e. Top Sellers)
Or does simple "longevity" play a part in several Host getting the Prime time slots?

In many Sales positions the perks and rewards are based on what the "numbers" are at the end of the day (most of you are aware of this) :)
It seems to be a race and contest at this juncture because of the OVERWHELMING push to do the "Buy All", buy 3 or 5 of these etc. is spewed at every presentation :evil:

I never noticed that behavior being so rampant until now along with other tactics: heck one Host is always bragging that they are such close and good friends with ANKUR and how much he means to them :lol:
If that is suppose to impress us it isn't working, it just shows desperation and low self esteem

I have never seen Craig, Jessica or Cheryl (to name a few) do the later shows so I am wondering if they are the Top Sellers
Being in Sales can be very competitive and I remember when I was in that similar position at stores where I worked
Especially when we received Commission, talk about fierce shenanigans :roll:
5 x

FarmMom

Re: ARE THERE "TOP SELLERS" ON SHOP LC and Are Hosts Given Status Ratings On Their Sales?

Post by FarmMom » 9 months ago

Mae, from what I read on the Glassdoor website, hosts were given incentives and extra bonuses based on sales. They might have a dream cruise up for winning, or a trip to Bali.

There was talk about being able to choose better hours. The Glassdoor website is a pain because you cannot view anything unless you register and also rate a current company you work at (they don't allow you to add one to the list either).

But once you get in, you can look up SLC and see what employees have to say.
3 x

MaeWest1953

Re: ARE THERE "TOP SELLERS" ON SHOP LC and Are Hosts Given Status Ratings On Their Sales?

Good day FarmMom :)

Gee I wish I had the time to get on that Glassdoor site, I know you are very busy and I admire you for finding the time....teehee
Thanks for your input.....
To me I am feeling that perhaps Cheryl, Jessica, Michele, Katie and Karen might be the top Sellers for the gals
2 x

lah2001

Post by lah2001 » 9 months ago

Mae, I haven't been to the Glassdoor site in years, so I don't know the inside scoop on the LC the way FarmMom does, but I would be very surprised if there weren't perks for their top sellers. You're right, sales is often an industry that includes perks for top sellers, and it's a very competitive business.

For a business like ShopLC NOT to give perks to their top sellers would seem very odd to me.
4 x

MaeWest1953

Hi Lah2001.....

Gosh I am sorry that I just am replying to your comment, been sooooo busy and couldn't find time to get here
I agree with you, ShopLC has to be giving the top Sellers perks, especially Cheryl, Craig, Katie and Tony
3 x

joshuatheemerald

Post by joshuatheemerald » 9 months ago

Hey everybody, been a little under the weather and not doing much but sleeping and recuperating.

My only comment on this is that it’s obvious that Tony is given special importance in that he works a very strict schedule and has been since I’ve been watching LC. I used to think Katie was paired with him because of their dual strength… but when I watch during the day with Katie & Cheryl, I find it very very flat and uninteresting. Craig also seems outwardly uninterested in being on TV, and makes little snide remarks I can sometimes catch about the network or the behind-the-scenes people. I don’t care for that!

I know Michelle has a big following but you just never know when you will or won’t see her that I don’t know if her popularity = sales?
3 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 8 months ago

Welcome back Joshuatheemerald....I hope you fully recover and shall keep you in prayer
I love your comment, thank you for pointing out the factors when it comes to Tony, Katie, Craig and Cheryl ;)
Since I don't ever watch Craig that much I didn't know he was making snide remarks, too funny!

Sadly I worry about Michele, she has been MIA recently but it's good to see her back and she looks happy
0 x

Rolltide

Post by Rolltide » 8 months ago

Last edited by Rolltide 7 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 8 months ago

Well I hope he keeps Shop Hq afloat. I have always liked Shop Hq probably my favorite shopping network. I find their website very user friendly.
2 x

Rolltide

Post by Rolltide » 8 months ago

Last edited by Rolltide 7 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x