Free shipping

Lacy

Free shipping

Post by Lacy » 8 months ago

FYI, if you shop through the TV app (streaming through Roku, etc on tv only) the shipping is free all day. No code needed.
4 x

MaeWest1953

Re: Free shipping

Post by MaeWest1953 » 8 months ago

Hi Lacy....

I don't think I will ever stream, my enjoyment is sitting and watching the television :)
However for those that do this was a great deal for them
The other day they did the free shipping for those with smartphones only
1 x

Lacy

MaeWest,
I cut dish. I stream on my tv through roku now. I don't miss the 80.00 monthly bill.
5 x

MaeWest1953

Lacy.....

$80.00 is a prize in my opinion....lol
I wish my Xfinity was that low again and I don't bundle
The streaming on Roku, and these other options are not enough choice for me
My friends have that and I don't remember now cause I am too tired to think but I know when I am over there I can't get quite a few stations that I love to watch

So I am content with Comcast and the less stress of not getting everything I want is worth it
I have a mountain range that prevents my area from using that Fire-stick also
It will not even begin to pick up on any of those antennas and sticks that are featured on ShopLC.....I tried and wasted my time and $$$$
1 x

Lacy

Hi Mae West, I hope you are doing well.
Where I am 80.00 is a ripoff. I only got basic Iocal channels. I watch everything I would with dish and more by streaming. Just was a learning curve at the beginning. I agree that the antenna type of devices are junk. They don't work in my area either.
2 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 8 months ago

We actually do have one of those antennea things, but the kind you mount outside up high. We went from getting 3 local channels to like 20 or more (including two SLC channels). Plus we have a smart TV, so that picks up smart TV channels. We still only watch local channels though, and Netflix for movies/evenings.

We tried Dish TV for a SMALL bit, but it didn't get local channels and everything else was uninteresting and not worth the $$$.

Mae I understand what you are saying, my former father in law also loved his DISH service and loved watching the old westerns (and lots of shopping channels). And all the news channels, lol!
2 x

William

Post by William » 8 months ago

HI ALL !!!!!!!

I Hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend !

Mae-- I CAN TOTALLY relate !!! I Live in a small valley behind a mountain and I can NOT use any antenna --- I Tried them all when I Cut the cord --- even the 300 mile one -- but because I am behind a mounatin -- NO Channels !!! ( I took back 5 antennas to wall store -- I felt bad but I kept everything and repacked everything nicely -- They were like --- "Oh -- You're back AGAIN!"--- But they were VERY Nice and refunded it all--- with each attempt at antenna TV)

I use ROKU (ALSO purchased from the wall store) and --- There ARE Lots of things to watch! --- I had --- BASIC cable----- B A S I C --- and when it got to $150 ---per month--- I said --- FORGET IT!!! (Could NOT afford it!!!)

So I CUT the cord --- It was SO FUNNY when I took in the equipment in to the cable office--- The "X--infinity" version of cable---- and when I called about the (never ending) price increase to 150 -- they didn't want to hear it -- they basically said -- "thats the price -- take it or leave it "-- So I LEFT it ------- when I took in the equipment --- the ladies in the office seemed genuinely SHOCKED --- They all said -- the 3 of them -- "THIS IS TV--- What are you going to do -- You CAN'T NOT have Cable!"

The cable guys rolled up the cable cord and hung it on the telephone pole outside -- then they sent people to my house every month for almost 2 years to -- re-sign up-- for cable -- One of the guys said they just left the cord rolled up so it would be easier to reconnect my service when I decided to return!!! (It is still hanging there!!!)

Any way --- ROKU is GREAT AND with just one service --- like HULU--- You can have GREAT TV at VERY LITTLE COST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS FANTASTIC!!!!!

OK ALL HOPE EVERYONE is Well !!! Take Care!!! Thanks! --------------- William
5 x

MaeWest1953

Yikes Lacy......

That is too much for basic cable....oh my!
I am glad you like the Roku....maybe someday I will try it if my cable gets to be so much

Hey FarmGirl......

You have a smart TV, how cool.....of course I am not savvy in that sort of technology and my money is funny for anything like that :roll:
Glad you have an assortment of things to watch
Hope the puppies are doing well :)

Hello William.......

You have me laughing with the experiences or your cable adventures and the Antennas
Wow I am shocked that Xfinity was charging you $150 for basic cable :shock:
I have the basic and extended Digital package so I love the selection I get for $134.00 a month
However I will check in to the Roku if that gets to be too much

Both Lacy and you seem to be happy with that, my friends use that and Hula but again I don't understand the Hula too much
Never can find much to watch on that option and I want to watch in real time
Their Hula is like a day or two old

I don't know what the Roku cost but I might look into it....another problem is hooking it up
Don't know who could do it cause my friends that live close are not "technology" minded in that way
The friends that are live 30 miles away and I won't ask them to come over for that

My cable is so easy to deal with, I love the DVR, the HD and all the channels I get, not to mention I never have problems with it during the storms etc.
By the way William.....we have missed you!
Glad to see you again :)

Everyone have a blessed week :)
2 x

William

Post by William » 8 months ago

HI ALL

Wow -- Mae--- THANK You so much !!!! So glad to know I am thought of -- All you ladies are Lovely and a Joy!!! So many of the other lovely ladies on here --- in the old days used to be so nice and kind to me ALSO!!!
I am a gemstone geek so I LOVE the forum and all the info !!! ( Yes -- Farm Mom is AMAZING!!! ) A long time ago in a forum far far away --- we Had a friend --- JewelryQueen--She was a LOT of Fun!!! Miss her and I MISS All the former ladies of the forum -- I am so sad that you all can not chat with them ! ----You would like them and I am sure they would all like you all! --Bella may remember Jewelry Queen?? I Know RollTide and BostonIrish would remember (She was banned --- a long time ago--so Please -- be careful all) I HOPE She and all the former ladies are ALL OK!!! There was a place some of them migrated to and I believe they may still be in touch!!! --- ANYWAY--- I AM So Glad to be able to partake in this with you all !!! When I disappear -- I am working ---When I am working -- I am simply too busy and tired to do anything else -- So .....
---------I am SURE You all can relate!!!

Roku at the wall store has a very inexpensive option-- around $20.00 and HULU is Great and inexpensive -- However -- I am GLAD Mae--- that you like your cable and what
it offers !
If it is good for you ---- then it is GOOD!!!

OK Take Care everyone !!! THANKS !!! -------------------- William
5 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 8 months ago

Oh yes, sweet William I remember Jewelry Queen! What a great and funny lady! I do hope all those gals stayed in touch. Gypsy does pop in now and then to. Don’t be a stranger and don’t work too hard!
4 x