How NOT to use a product!

Bella

How NOT to use a product!

Post by Bella » 8 months ago

Well Kim and Chuck are presenting the Opatra Lux Brush and Kim is using it like it’s a hair straightener! How stupid. If the brush is not touching the scalp it’s not going to help! Not too happy I paid $150 dollars for the blasted thing and now it’s $60. My mother used it for 6 months and it didn’t do anything. I haven’t used it enough to tell for myself. I have my doubts whether it really works for anyone. I do love the Opatra lighted beauty mask though and I use it regularly about 4 to 5 days a week and it does make a difference you just need to make the commitment. I will use it for an hour sometimes longer because I literally dose off using it, it’s very relaxing. I did an upgrade and purchased the newer version and I do not regret doing so.
4 x

FarmMom

Re: How NOT to use a product!

Post by FarmMom » 8 months ago

Well, I figured if it actually worked, Tony wouldn't have needed extreme hair treatments ;)

I did watch a YouTube video on a guy who was going bald and found a helmet that was supposed to do the same thing, grow it all back. he used it religiously for a full year and NOTHING.

My husband also bought the Opatra brush, for like $89 last year. he's never used it. I do believe in red light therapy, but not sure how well it grows back hair . . . although your scalp might have fewer wrinkles ;D
3 x

Bella

I think the Opatra brush may work for some, but I think it depends on why you’re losing hair. If it’s genetic I don’t think it will work. I actually started thinning in my mid 50s where my mom was into her mid 80s. Her hair loss is pretty severe so she wears a wig most of the time, but her health is excellent. Mine doesn’t really show but, I still think some high blood pressure meds cause hair thinning but any doctor I have asked say it doesn’t. I don’t believe them.

FarmMom, I also believe in the red light therapy especially for the face, at 65 I have absolutely no crows feet and very few lines or wrinkles which I owe to doing peels using retinoids and a good SPF and Opatra.
2 x

Serge

Post by Serge » 8 months ago

I haven't bought the mask but after hearing y'all say it helps I think I'll buy it the next time it's on. I know I would use it because I could do other things while it was on. I'm about to turn 69 in a few weeks and my face is still ok so hopefully it will help and it certainly couldn't hurt.
2 x

Bella

Serge, hello! Just to let you know the updated version of the Opatra mask is heavier than the older version. It took me a little while to get used to it. As far as doing other things while wearing it good luck. Even watching tv or reading a book is not fun or easy. The best way is to just lay down and relax. After the 3rd light comes on and is done it will automatically shut off, so if your really fell asleep you would not know to turn it back on. They say you only need to use it for 30 min.( 1 cycle) I use mine for 60-70 minutes sometimes daily but generally 4 to 5 days a week. I’m retired so I have the time. I have been using red light therapy masks for over 4 years so I’m in it for the long haul, but I do think it has really helped.
1 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 8 months ago

Bella wrote:
8 months ago
Well Kim and Chuck are presenting the Opatra Lux Brush and Kim is using it like it’s a hair straightener! How stupid. If the brush is not touching the scalp it’s not going to help! Not too happy I paid $150 dollars for the blasted thing and now it’s $60. My mother used it for 6 months and it didn’t do anything. I haven’t used it enough to tell for myself. I have my doubts whether it really works for anyone. I do love the Opatra lighted beauty mask though and I use it regularly about 4 to 5 days a week and it does make a difference you just need to make the commitment. I will use it for an hour sometimes longer because I literally dose off using it, it’s very relaxing. I did an upgrade and purchased the newer version and I do not regret doing so.
Hi Bella!
You’re soooo right! That brush has to be used very slowly with constant contact with your scalp to work! Too much trouble if you ask me! I have one but never got much results. However…I now use the Opatra LumiCap and it works GREAT!!! I’ve been using it a couple of months for about 30 minutes twice a week and I have a lot of new hair growth that I can actually see! LoL! I’m finding less hair is falling out as well! Grab the LumiCap before they’re gone as they are being discontinued. Soooo much easier because you just wear the cap! I think I paid $149.99 for mine and it was well worth it! Good luck! 👍
1 x

Rolltide

Post by Rolltide » 8 months ago

Last edited by Rolltide 6 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 7 months ago

@Rolltide

is that different than the Opatra?

I am familiar with Alopecia as my friend's mom and brother had it growing up. I am glad to hear you've had success with it! And I agree, natural as much as possible is a way better option :)
0 x

Rolltide

Post by Rolltide » 7 months ago

1 x