Black rodium

Kittycat

Black rodium

Post by Kittycat » 4 years ago

I do not like the black rodium on the diamond rings at all! I love the diamonds but I dislike when they use the black rodium, makes the diamonds dark, less sparkle. Please use the silver prongs,the stones have much better sparkle. Other shopping channels use the black rodium so stopped buying their diamonds, just don't care for it!Also why are the champagne diamonds mostly in rose gold? Would like to see them in silver or vermeil.
5 x

Jewls

Re: Black rodium

Post by Jewls » 4 years ago

Same with Morganite always in rose gold so the stone blends in with the band :oops:
4 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I just don’t understand buying things in vermeil especially diamonds, or other expensive stones. I would prefer to have them in platinum over silver or just 10k gold because after awhile the vermeil wears off and the jewelry looks awful. I have some in vermeil and stopped buying it cause of it wearing off. But we all have our preferences and the hosts talk about it’s not a overlay or tone when presenting some jewelry lately, like one minute they’re promoting vermeil and the next minute then they are saying it’s real gold.
2 x

Ginger

I don’t like the black rhodium either, makes the jewelry look so dull and no sparkle
5 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

Jewls wrote:
4 years ago
Same with Morganite always in rose gold so the stone blends in with the band :oops:
That's why I only have a couple. I LOVE morganite!
But, I prefer silver and white gold these days.
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Jewls wrote:
4 years ago
Jewls, I have one morganite ring w/silver band (bought from SLC years ago) & I like it more than the one in RG too. I've also wondered why they ALWAYS put morganite in RG. They really should mix it up!
2 x

Ginger

I wish they would put the morganite in different colors, silver, white gold etc. I don’t have anything in rose gold and prefer other colors. But I don’t like the rhodium on anything, it’s so black that it washes out the color and beauty of the gems. It would be nice to see pink sapphire in something other than rose gold. I think a morganite and kunzite would look good together in white gold or yellow gold
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

I think they do that because the Morganite is probably pale. Good quality Morganite has a mix of peach and pink color.
Last edited by Margui 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

Ginger

And the black rhodium helps to hide a lot of flaws in jewelry pieces. I was told this by one of my jewelers, and he showed me a ring with rhodium and orange sapphire. You could really see the defects if you looked very closely and I stay away from rhodium, even though I have heard them say it’s more expensive
2 x

N2vintage

Post by N2vintage » 4 years ago

I don't care for the rhodium at all. I've taken several pieces to my jewler to"age" them
1 x