Lepidolite

FurtherSouth

Lepidolite

Post by FurtherSouth » 7 months ago

Hi Everyone, thank you so much for all of the welcome posts. You made me feel like I've been here for a long time. Speaking of the rare Lepidolite that few have seen before, I found a few people that have seen it before on Etsy. The same colors, looks like the same quality, and lower prices in some cases. In fact there are pages and pages of it on Etsy. Looks like Tony and Michele will be showing it shortly. They are my favorite team.
6 x

FurtherSouth

Re: Lepidolite

Post by FurtherSouth » 7 months ago

Now I'm completely depressed, I watched the Lepidolite show and listened to Michel and Tony say over and over again how they had never seen anything like this before, how rare it was, how we had to have it. I was enjoying the shows for a couple of months and spent a boatload of money. Now I can't trust anything LC says. I have to admit they have an addicting sales pitch.
6 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 7 months ago

FurtherSouth wrote:
7 months ago
Now I'm completely depressed, I watched the Lepidolite show and listened to Michel and Tony say over and over again how they had never seen anything like this before, how rare it was, how we had to have it. I was enjoying the shows for a couple of months and spent a boatload of money. Now I can't trust anything LC says. I have to admit they have an addicting sales pitch.

Hi FurtherSouth.....

Well.....there you go folks!
FS has just revealed how Michele and Tony were gushing over this rare stone that they have never seen before and yet we have learned that this stone is available all over the E group!!
THANK YOU for giving us the heads up FS :) :)

How sad that they are comfortable with giving the viewing audience such shading sales pitches!!
I get that a Sales person wants to sell a product but can't they tone down the despicable lying ?
8 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 7 months ago

QVC had Carolyn Pollack on Monday morning with her American West line of jewelry and guess what? Lepidolite! Micheal Valittuti also has it in his line. It’s nothing new but I think the Gems En Vogue line has the prettiest stones and designs. I have a large pendant of Lepidolite I bought years ago and wear it frequently. Goes with more colors than you think it would.
6 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 7 months ago

I agree, and thankyou for bringing this up as a post. I had never heard of it prior, but I like anything with an adularescence. I looked it up on my gem site and didn't find too many, only rough material and not too expensive. It would be fun to make jewelry from.

Thankyou for the tip on the E site, I'll have to look there. My only issue with that site is 99% of the sellers know VERY LITTLE about gemstones and sells fakes insisting it's real because they don't bother to actually test it.
4 x

Gulfwaterlady

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 7 months ago

Further South, welcome to the forum. I sure wish someone would be new to SLC and have had a great shopping experience. It never seems to happen!
2 x

Gulfwaterlady

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 7 months ago

During the very first healing crystal show maybe a year ago, there were pieces of lepidolite. I bought a palm stone. The guest selling the pieces said it had lithium in it. It is supposed to promote a good night's sleep. I bought it.
How could Michele and Tony never heard of this stone?
Hyalite opal was offered for the first time by Katie in a morning show many months ago. That very same night, the same ring was being sold by Tony. He was astounded by the gemstone because he had never seen it before! How could the gemstone expert not know about hyalite opal? They do not tell the truth an awful lot.
2 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 7 months ago

Just maybe, they are not the know- it- alls that they think they are!
1 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 7 months ago

Gulfwaterlady wrote:
7 months ago
During the very first healing crystal show maybe a year ago, there were pieces of lepidolite. I bought a palm stone. The guest selling the pieces said it had lithium in it. It is supposed to promote a good night's sleep. I bought it.
How could Michele and Tony never heard of this stone?
Hyalite opal was offered for the first time by Katie in a morning show many months ago. That very same night, the same ring was being sold by Tony. He was astounded by the gemstone because he had never seen it before! How could the gemstone expert not know about hyalite opal? They do not tell the truth an awful lot.
I remember the stone show they did last years with all the big polished rocks and geodes.

It seems there is a bit of a learning gap between mineral folk and gem folk. lepidolite is a mineral more than a gem, so I could understand why some might not have heard of it (Although Tony should have since the material usually comes from Brazil...)

But Hylite opal, they all should know about. Perhaps what he was inferring was that he hadn't seen it at ShopLC before, not that he hadn't seen the mineral before.
0 x