General Bragging

MayFlowers

General Bragging

Post by MayFlowers » 8 months ago

I caught a Dollar General right before it "remodeled" and I got clearance cosmetic items for half off of the clearance price. I am dying to brag to someone about it. I got a lovely lipstick for $0.75. Teeth whitening strips that only hurt a little for about $5.00. Another lipstick that turned out to look awful on me, but this is supposed to be a brag post so I'll avoid the negative. And then there was a store coupon $10 off $40 that was layered on top of the clearance prices. I was very pleased with myself. The store closed down for a week after this big sale, so I guess they were clearing inventory.

There are really good prices going on everywhere I go right now. I am excited for the comfy-cozy season to get oversized sweaters. I haven't been watching shopLC as much as usual because I moved to St. Louis last month. So much to do in this town! I do miss my Tony though, I'll have to tune in again. I LOVE that gold tassel necklace, but I need to find an occasion to wear it first. It's very what I would call stately. Flattering shape though and the more I think about it the more I'm talking myself into it. But then I picture myself trying to wear it out with a t-shirt and I change my mind.
6 x

FarmMom

Re: General Bragging

Post by FarmMom » 8 months ago

LOL, nice haul!

I had to laugh at the teeth strips!

And congrats on the move! I hope the weather changes isn't too drastic :)
5 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 8 months ago

Howdy Mayflower......

Glad to see you stop by and share your super haul....sounded like fun
Of course ShopLC Host will always tell you that "NO ONE" can beat their prices and they are the way of the future....lol

That is one of the newest hostS Steve Cardone many slogans....have you seen him yet?
When I saw the title of this post that is who I was thinking it was going to be about....teehee
Last night he was way over the top! just outlandish and full of FIBS!
5 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 8 months ago

You bring up a good point @MaeWest1953 , they have been on that roll lately of "no one can beat our prices".

Secretly (not secretly) I'm glad they are not stuffing the "feed the children" thing down my throat every 3 minutes.

While I'm glad they are feeding kids, I CANNOT stand the constant bragging on it. JTV ALSO donates large sums of $$$$ to feeding kids, but as far as I know don't sit and use it as a selling point. Actually MANY COMPANIES do this, it's a huge tax write off. I looked up info on it last year, lol.

In regards to pricing, yes they are cheaper. But their designs all look the same because they are not CUSTOM exactly, they use a jewelry program to input certain parameters and produce a "new" style. That's why the under galleries usually look the same.

I'm having some rings actually custom created right now from a jewelry company, so we shall see how the quality compares to SLC ;)
4 x

Rolltide

Post by Rolltide » 8 months ago

Last edited by Rolltide 7 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
6 x

joshuatheemerald

Post by joshuatheemerald » 8 months ago

Mayflowers,

Great “haul” as they say now! Haha! I love a good discount and a good deal. There is so much markup in retail that these days in an era where so much is made with poorer quality but somehow costs more than ever.
4 x