When merchandise is handled.

ladyles

When merchandise is handled.

Post by ladyles » 7 months ago

When merchandise is handled, do the items stay within the ShopLC company? I hope that they are available to the ShopLC employees at a discount. I myself, would not like to purchase any of the merchandise that has been handled by the ShopLC hosts. Our bodies carry alot of oils throughout our skin. And these items that the ShopLC hosts are touching/handling probably have some bodily oils on them, even though we cannot see them. Just saying. :|
5 x

Bella

Re: When merchandise is handled.

Post by Bella » 7 months ago

I agree with you Ladyles! Especially when it comes to clothing. That’s why I’m a wash before I wear type(usually not always). Some shopping channels have a discount when it’s an item that has been used on air. I don’t see ShopLC doing that ever, but it makes you wonder, especially when selling some of the more expensive “skin” handbags. Who knows someone could have eaten a greasy burger for lunch and now their hands are all over a $400 handbag. That’s just gross!
Last edited by Bella 7 months ago, edited 3 times in total.
3 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 7 months ago

JTV sells their pre-owned returns or Host display items at a discount. But they disclose it. Gives you the option of whether or not you want to buy, but the discount can be worth it.
6 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 7 months ago

LC Sells the on air items. I have heard them say. DNA not included. As a joke. It's gross.
4 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 7 months ago

Unfortunately they send the merchandise that has been handled out to the customers! I know because I received a very expensive Pelle handbag that was used on the set. It arrived without the Pelle box and wrapping and without the dust bag! No plastic covering on the metal pieces and it was just jammed in a plastic bag and sent to me! I was livid and called customer service but of course they can’t solve anything! All they can do is read their “script”! I had to escalate the situation and was offended free shipping on 1 item! Are you kidding me?! I was livid once again and was finally given a $30 credit. I have received other items that were either used on set or were obviously used and returned! Disgusting and a health hazard especially during the pandemic! Just yuck!!! Honestly I’ve had it with the crappy customer service and I don’t buy much anymore! It’s sad but true!
7 x

Bella

D-Flawless that’s nuts! They brag about the nice packaging and the dust bag and ship it out like that? I do have a Pelle handbag from ShopLC and was impressed to how it was packaged. I can’t imagine them doing that for the price you paid, and they wonder why people get fed up!

I don’t have a problem with buying jewelry that was shown on air, and the discounts given for that from other shopping networks are really good. You can clean jewelry easily, handbags not so much.
5 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 7 months ago

Interesting. I guess I figured anything shown on air was put into an employee "buy" room where they could get it at a discount. Never occurred to me that they'd sell it to customers...
5 x

Bella

FarmMom wrote:
7 months ago
Interesting. I guess I figured anything shown on air was put into an employee "buy" room where they could get it at a discount. Never occurred to me that they'd sell it to customers...
That would be too logical… then it would be nice to pass the savings onto loyal customers.
4 x

Gulfwaterlady

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 7 months ago

I always watched J. Sometimes I watched the Q. I had never seen a female host hold a hockey stick up to her ear to show an earring until the first time I watched SLC. I was really almost shocked at how bad it looked.
What do these other channels do with all the jewelry their hosts actually wear on air? Also, the J puts magnetic clasps on the necklaces so the hosts try them on. Necklaces always look better when on the host's neck. Most of the time SLC hosts just hold the necklace up to their neck. I used to watch a lot. The only host I have seen consistantly try earrings and necklaces on is Jessica. If she does it, I guess SLC doesn't forbid it. I doubt she actually buys all that jewelry! Maybe most hosts don't put the jewelry on due to hygiene issues since they show items over and over again. I've never understood this. But, customers should never receive used jewelry!
2 x

Gulfwaterlady

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 7 months ago

I forgot that Michelle trys on the jewelry practically all the time.
2 x