Modani Packaging

BirdieDear

Modani Packaging

Post by BirdieDear » 7 months ago

Just curious? I paid a small fortune for a Modani Ring which I might add is stunning but it arrived in a Iliana Ring Box? Is this common practice or in error? Aren't these two separate vendors?
4 x

FarmMom

Re: Modani Packaging

Post by FarmMom » 7 months ago

BirdieDear wrote:
7 months ago
Just curious? I paid a small fortune for a Modani Ring which I might add is stunning but it arrived in a Iliana Ring Box? Is this common practice or in error? Aren't these two separate vendors?
I'm still on the idea that anything over $2000 should be shipped in a light-up box. The boxes are cheap enough.

But I guess in this instance Modani doesn't supply his own boxes (weird) and since the items are 18K SLC figures an Iliana box would suffice.

But we roll back around to "Is this really a high-end, designer company?" I'm getting ready to start my own high-end jewelry line, and there is absolutely no way I'd be caught dead with any of my items sent in someone else's box.

Now, the error could have been on SLC's end, and maybe they are just careless with their organization and an employee couldn't find the correct box and figured an Iliana would suffice . . .
4 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 7 months ago

That would NOT fly in my book! I would call them and tell them no Modani packaging… I’m not buyin. Why would a Iliana box suffice? and why would a so called high end vendor be ok with it? Doesn’t make sense to me, it would cheapen the Modani brand. Also makes Shop LC look bad in my book. Not surprised.
2 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 7 months ago

Ah! Modani again. Packaging of high end anything is important as you keep that packaging as a collectors item and add to your high end collection. Yes, it is important. Think Tiffany. If you purchased from them and have that Tiffany box, believe me that box alone is worth money on the market. Even "bags" with high end names on them are worth money and being sold on line.
Heaven forbid there is a complaint of The Modani. I wonder how long this post will stay up since ALL the others have been removed.
2 x

Rolltide

Post by Rolltide » 7 months ago

Last edited by Rolltide 6 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 7 months ago

All I know is if I purchase any say... Gems En Vogue jewelry (not comparing to Modani) it comes in a box marked as such along with a greetings card. Heck even Giuseppe Perez jewelry from ShopLC comes nicely packaged with a card too. So did the Jardin line. I expect the same from any decent jeweler. The packaging is a reflection of what’s inside. I don’t think it’s too much to ask.
3 x

Gulfwaterlady

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 7 months ago

Welcome Birdie! It's nice to seen new people posting. The forum sometimes gets hosts posting.
If you are pointing out poor quality control, you can't be a host.
0 x