Friday is the same old, same old!

Gulfwaterlady

Friday is the same old, same old!

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 7 months ago

I keep getting emails asking what I thought of the Friday from the week before. It's asking what percentage I would like to see of jewelry and what percent for life style. One email asked my opinion of Under $10 Fridays. That was my chance to really give them an ear full! I really complained about two much time being spent on one item. I also told them Friday is just total repitition! Why would anyone watch? It is a total waste of time. I mentioned the fiasco about three Fridays ago when they introduced free shipping on the app. The audience was totally confused. At least five hosts used their phone to give a tutorial on how to place an order on the app. I was cleaning the house but kept the show on because I was laughing. Friday is my only day to watch. It's my opportunity to purchase Christmas gifts for about 20 people, 2 gifts each. They work for the agency that operates the group home where my brother lives. The residents in all the homes are mentally challenged. Most of the staff are working in the homes. There are actually homes for people over age 55 with only three residents. Each staff member works an 8 hour shift so there is 24/7 care. I like to buy a variety of pendants, stretchy beaded bracelets, sterling silver chains and magnetic clasps. These chains and clasps are not shown often like they used to be. How can you buy variety when the same things are shown over and over?
I am now just looking at the items that were already shown. I don't buy much each Friday. If I only buy two items, I am now using the app. I can save about $8.
I also told them I am tired of watching the same hosts every Friday. Dan can't even see the items!
I do wonder why SLC is asking questions since they never listen to their customers.
I am now volunteering at my local animal shelter so I'm not focusing on SLC complaints as much.
12 x

Gulfwaterlady

Re: Friday is the same old, same old!

Dan and Michele have a set of 5 anklets, disco ball pendant and earrings, new items! Maybe they only show new items in the evening.
I am surprised Michele didn't model the anklets. She loved to do that but really didn't have time.
6 x

Lynmarie

Post by Lynmarie » 7 months ago

Gulfwaterlady: I feel exactly the same way, the last two years have been terrible on $10 Friday. I use to really look forward to the different hosts they had on Friday's all day and into the night, there were so many NEW products and they even had "free shipping" which you do NOT see very often at all. I haven't ordered anything for several months now and I use to order every Friday back in 2020 & 2021 but everything has changed since 2022 & now. I would think they have lost a lot of customers because of what $10 Friday's consist of now which is NO fun at all! I don't even have any inclination to watch anymore, every once in awhile I check clearance items but they are always the same products also.
8 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 7 months ago

I agree. Most of my gift shopping was during Fridays. I bought gifts for everyone, both during Friday shows and during auctions.

I stopped doing auctions when they stopping doing the free shipping over $50 and when they went absurdly high. And all I see is junk or gold on Fridays.

I used to do the buy all for chains, I have so many chains because they'd have the bolo chains. I RARELY see any sterling chains, everything is GOLD. Why not show sterling pendants?

No one is getting gifts this year. Haven't seen anything I liked. I'm certainly NOT buying everyone gold, despite them trying to push this yesterday with the "buy one get one free" scam they were running. Only an idiot would fall for that one.

I bought ONE gift, a bali dragon ring for one of our daughters. It was definitely cool. Definitely NOT under $20 though.

I also bought a set of gemstone rings. That was a mistake as one was given as a gift and lost a stone shortly after.
5 x

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza » 7 months ago

I actually like things that are NOT any kind of jewelry on the $10 Friday shows. I like to buy little things to use around the house for cleaning or storage or whatever, or maybe some clothing items. And I’m so thankful I don’t have to see any Modani stuff or Tanzanite. Tanzanite can be beautiful but it’s the same stuff over and over and they stay on items too long so I’m glad it doesn’t appear. And the Modani stuff is too expensive and often kinda ugly/too gaudy (in my opinion) so I’m thrilled that none of it will be on the $10 shows!
Last edited by Spinoza 7 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

Gulfwaterlady

I purchased a lot of Swarovski pendants on Fridays last year both for me and gifts. I buy sterling silver chains and magnetic clasps. Over the past two years, I have a chain and magnet on almost every pendant. Otherwise, I know I won't wear them. Everyone that got them as gifts loved the magnetic clasp. I knew the days were numbered for anything sterling on Fridays, so I bought a lot.
Now, I buy mostly home closeouts on Fridays. I am not an in store shopper anymore so I don't see this type of stuff. I bought Shadazzle. It really cleaned my stainless steel kitchen sink when nothing else that was safe to use would work. I received a diffuser last Christmas so I got the set of 15 essential oils that was a Lobby store close out. I also got a set for a gift. They all have such a great scents. My neighbor told me they are not real oils, that most blended scents are not. She said they could ruin the diffuser but for the last three months they are working great. I like the little fans that plug into my laptop. I bought the geode slice nightlights. I loved the magnetic crystal pins they sold of a few years ago, Katie had a few of her own designs. I have two lampshades with the pins on them, one a butterfly and one is a rose.
It's just little stuff but I seem to do better with those. I never seem to return them which is fantastic.
3 x

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza » 7 months ago

Sounds like you bought a lot of the kind of things I like! Good job, Gulfwaterlady!
4 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 7 months ago

Hello LynnMarie.....

I have never met you since I have been on this forum so I want to say Hi and cool to have you visit us again :)

GulfwaterLady......I really enjoyed reading all the neat things you bought on Under $10 Fridays
Like you, I like the fun silly things and the way they bring a bit of whimsy to my place
2 x

Koalagirl

Post by Koalagirl » 7 months ago

Hi everyone, my name is Koala girl and this is my first ever post and do not know how to create a new post.
Wanted to let you know that Daniel Greene will be on HQ tonight at 9:00pm and selling Waterford with Tom Brennan.
2 x

Gulfwaterlady

Koalagirl
If you found out how to reply, you will see new topic on the upper left top of the page. Welcome to the forum!
0 x