Is Nicki on the Q?

Gulfwaterlady

Is Nicki on the Q?

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 7 months ago

Someone mentioned Nicki being on the Q now. Has anyone seen her on there? Philly is really close to NJ. It seems she is really family oriented so that would really be a great location for her.
2 x

joshuatheemerald

Re: Is Nicki on the Q?

Post by joshuatheemerald » 7 months ago

Nikki is a product representative on QVC now so I guess we will no longer be seeing her here on LC. Sounds great for her family situation since she lives in NJ with her family I believe, but kind of a step back career-wise. As long as she’s happy I hope she thrives!!
2 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 7 months ago

She left Shop LC then left ShopHq for QVC I say that’s a couple of steps up, considering the financial situation of Shop Hq.
4 x

Gulfwaterlady

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 7 months ago

When you are a product representative, does it mean you work exclusively on one product? For instance, if she is representing a particular line of cosmetics for one company, her airtime is limited to how often the Q features that brand. It seems that would limit your airtime which of course limits your salary. Maybe at this time in her life she is able to have more personal time with no financial problems. If so, then good for her!
3 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 7 months ago

Hi Gulfwaterlady.... and others :)

I am finally able to come back here and visit, I have been swamped with work and projects
Thank you for letting us know about Nikki being on the Q, I hope she is happy
2 x

Teachergirl

Post by Teachergirl » 7 months ago

Nicki does not work for QVC. She is a brand rep for Weatherproof clothing. She is on once in a while.
1 x

TARD

Post by TARD » 7 months ago

Teachergirl wrote:
7 months ago
Nicki does not work for QVC. She is a brand rep for Weatherproof clothing. She is on once in a while.
Not too long ago, QVC was advertising for Brand Ambassadors under job opportunities. Whether they are full on employees or contractors, they "work" for QVC not the brand. With some exceptions of course. For example Amy works for QVC not Clarks. There are many "brand ambassadors" that switch brands on QVC all the time, they work for QVC.
3 x

joshuatheemerald

Post by joshuatheemerald » 7 months ago

I think everyone is partially right here… I watch QVC often and HSN to a lesser extent. There definitely are the brand ambassadors who do the products alongside the hosts who seem to be generalists, especially with “one ‘n done” opportunities in a specific area like auto, electronics, fitness, fashion, etc. But some definitely work for the brand as an on-air talking head for that company because those types will talk about being part of that clothing brand or makeup line etc in the first person. In Nikki’s case, I did get to see her the other day and she said things like “we at Weatherproof” or “our team”, so I do believe Nikki was hired by the company of Weatherproof and not QVC. As many of us have said before, it seems this every now and then type of scenario might be best for her being closer to family and pursuing the other opportunities she has talked about on social media and during her brief return to LC following her departure from HQ.
3 x