Who watches live streaming of Shop LC?

Gulfwaterlady

Who watches live streaming of Shop LC?

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 7 months ago

I am not on social media anymore. I had a bad experience with Facebook. I took myself off of there and I am not listed on anything else.
I wondered how those of you who do live stream the program like it. I see the previews and it looks like there is only one host. Is this the way it is?
I usually wish there was only one host except if that host is really boring or has an unpleasant personality. I see no need for two hosts in so many presentations. They just seem to banter back and forth just repeating what the other one has already said. I think it's just a way to stay on one presentation for much to long.
William would know the answer to this. When you began watching the Liquidation Channel was there one host or two?
2 x

FarmMom

Re: Who watches live streaming of Shop LC?

Post by FarmMom » 7 months ago

It seemed to me that they also have the live on their website. I never really stopped to watch.
1 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 7 months ago

I watch live Shop LC via computer, or live Shop LC on YouTube.
They did start some new thing where one host does a live presentation. It pops up on my computer if you want to watch it. It's one host and they sit there showing items, but it's rather odd because you can't really see the item. Sometimes they stand up and bring it close to the camera. Weird, it not worth watching. I did see Chris on one and he did a really good job and seemed very comfortable presenting. Hunter too. But, it's too casual and not well put together for me to watch.
4 x

lah2001

Post by lah2001 » 7 months ago

Gulfwaterlady wrote:
7 months ago
I am not on social media anymore.

When you began watching the Liquidation Channel was there one host or two?
You're wise to not be on social media. You have to be really careful with hacking on social media.

Anyway, when ShopLC was The Liquidation Channel they had one host much more often than they do now. Now they seem to only have one host when the other one scheduled is sick and they can't get a quick replacement.
2 x

William

Post by William » 7 months ago

Hi GulfWaterLady --- And Everyone

I Hope Everyone are OK !!!

When I started watching TJC/LC --(They morphed to LC very shortly after I found them) They had 1 host -- It was great - At first they stood the whole time and sometimes did not have a desk --if I remember correctly -- they would show and discuss the item -- Then the desk came -- it got better and the hosts ALL stepped up -- Great descriptions of the item -- measurements --stone size in mm's--properties of the stone -- even care instructions and always nice close ups of the jewelery--- I am not sure when the 2 started --- I think around 2017-2018? It was WAY BETTER with one host ---In my opinion ---the hosts are ALL knowledgeable and usually all did a Great -- or acceptable job---

I Hope everyone has a Great weekend !!! I can't believe we are near the end of September !!! Time is going TOO FAST for me ! Take Care All ----------------------- William
4 x

Gulfwaterlady

William,
You were fortunate to have watched Shop LC when it began. I guess it's been about 16 years ago.
I wish there was only one host. If they know the item they are selling, they should be able to give all the necessary information. The only problem is the presentation of certain items that go on for half an hour or more. I think that's how the 2 host idea came about. You need 2 hosts to repeat each other and then go off topic as long as there are callers on the line. I once heard Mr. C ask the producer how long do we have on this item. They may have a set time limit but I think a lot depends on how many people are on the line. The times they have sold Schdazzle it has gone on for 45 minutes. Usually it's the female hosts who does all the cleaning but once Hunter was cleaning. Oh, those dish pan hands!
2 x

William

Post by William » 7 months ago

Hi GulfWaterLady--- I DO consider myself lucky to have found the network when it was "LC" --- VERY FUN back then!!!!! Also -- in the old days --- with one host ---things moved REALLY quickly --- time on items was never more than about 8 to 10 minutes--- Or Less--- The only exception was the TLV --- They would spend time on That -- maybe 1/2 hour --- They used to show a lot of jewelry peices in those days ---

I AM Glad Sean Woolsey is Back!!! Hope everyone is well!!!!!!!!!!!
Take Care All ! -------------------William
3 x

Gulfwaterlady

I finally saw the the link to live streaming on the website. As a first time viewer, I wasn't impressed by much else than Chris. During the presentation of a moissanite bracelet, they never had the camera film close up. I think I saw this mentioned in another post. If this is the norm, I didn't like it. But, one host was great.
1 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 7 months ago

I also watched when there was only 1 Host presenting jewelry. It was all jewelry back then, if I recall. In some ways it was better and some ways not. For me it depends on the 2 Hosts that are paired together. Loved when Shawn and Karen were together and like when Chris and Heather are paired together. Many different personalities make things odd at times. I don't care for the Livestreams because it's really bad resolution or something, because you can't see the items offered well enough. The Hosts try to hold them directly up to the Camera but it doesn't seem to improve, and many times only a part of the jewelry item or product shows up in the Camera and Production tries to direct the Hosts to move the item in different ways but it never seems to work and they just move on to the next item. Maybe if they get the kinks worked out it will be better. ShopHq does Livestreams and they are great and fun and only last about 15 minutes and usually a Coupon Code is offered for Livestream Watchers and are only good for 1 hour following the Livestream. Worth Watching for 20 or 25% Discount Code. I have never actually finished a ShopLC Livestream so I don't know if they offer a Coupon Code for watching.
1 x