Look who's back !!!!

FarmMom

Re: Look who's back !!!!

Post by FarmMom » 7 months ago

DrJon wrote:
7 months ago
Good afternoon...
I never get involved with threads, but I side COMPLETELY with FarmMom on her above post.
I still shake my head with distain after that performance with her.
Maybe you mean @MaeWest1953 ?? I didnt know anything about him :)

Oh no, how sad to hear about how he treated michelle. Worse than Tony used to? Jeez.. some guys just cant take funny girls :(
5 x

Serge

Post by Serge » 7 months ago

I remember that show so well and felt so sorry for Michele! If I'm remembering correctly it wasn't long after that when he left. Hopefully the break is what he needed and he'll be nicer to her if they do another show together.
5 x

lah2001

Post by lah2001 » 7 months ago

I didn't see Shawn with Michele either, but I certainly saw Tony with Michele the first few times he hosted with her. He was rude, dismissive, arrogant. I try to make it a point not to tear down the hosts, but Tony has exasperated me ever since I first saw him host. He never stops talking, ignores the other host's questions/comments, blatantly interrupts the female hosts he's paired with, says rude things about the items he's supposed to be selling IF he didn't personally bring the gems to the company, etc, etc. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
6 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 7 months ago

Rude, dismissive and arrogant. You hit the nail on the head, excellent description!
5 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 7 months ago

Yup, agree with both of you. While I am glad he's on a "kinder" path, it doesn't change his behavior from a year ago and he will always be my least favorite, and most suspicious.
5 x

Gulfwaterlady

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 7 months ago

I heard Shawn's podcasts on Youtube. It was a while ago. I don't know if they are still there.
Shawn's return has generated a lot of response. It's also brought back some of the group from 3 years ago. It is so nice to see you all so close knit, you really got along great.
The only reason I recognize your names is from reading the three year posts I see when I go to SLC on Google.
6 x

Gulfwaterlady

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 6 months ago

Shawn's podcasts are on the H, the J, and the Q.

He traces Value Vision all the way back to the late 80's. He joined the channel in 1992. He talked about all the programs dedicated to doll collectors. I was one of them, totally addicted to dolls. His latest podcast on 6-'23 is about HQ's bankruptcy. He talked about the company having very few vendors. A lot of us have commented on that. He gives some reasons why. I don't know much about the retail sales market, so I found it really informative.
He said he was taking the summer off from the podcasts. Now he is back on SLC. Can he still be discussing home shopping networks while working for one?
He said something new happened when he first joined SLC in 2013. The company had profit sharing. He had never worked for a company that offered this. Rather than just big bonus' to the really popular hosts, everyone shares in the end result of the profits.
It seems like a great tactic to energize the whole team. But, after all the years I have watched SLC, some hosts are not putting in the same effort as others. Everyone on here knows who these hosts are. It doesn't seem this way of rewarding the team is working. Maybe by now the company isn't doing this anymore. He never mentioned being re-hired by SLC when he closed what probably was his last podcast.
5 x

honey

Post by honey » 6 months ago

hmmm, Shawn, certainly not perfect ..... I'm not!
Shawn began the podcast about a year 'before' he left
SLC. He talked about home shopping and the 'other'
networks and never said anything negative
about SLC.

Now, I ask myself ...... "Do I want banned from
SLC's Community Page?"🤔

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome back Shawn!!!!!
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 6 months ago

honey wrote:
6 months ago
hmmm, Shawn, certainly not perfect ..... I'm not!
Shawn began the podcast about a year 'before' he left
SLC. He talked about home shopping and the 'other'
networks and never said anything negative
about SLC.

Now, I ask myself ...... "Do I want banned from
SLC's Community Page?"🤔

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome back Shawn!!!!!
Morning honey -

You know that I never heard his podcasts, but did enjoy your updates about them. It did seem like he didn't post, (is that the right phrase for podcasts?) on a regular basis.

-Gypsy
3 x

honey

Post by honey » 6 months ago

Good morning Gypsy 🤗
Got coffee(s)??? [ clink ]

Ohhhhh dear, you'd like for me to expand, right here,
on what I thought of Shawns podcasts??? 🤔
You are out of yer ever lovin' mind!!!!

I love Shawn, everybody loves Shawn! 💗
3 x