Idea Lab

DesertPrayer

Idea Lab

Post by DesertPrayer » 7 months ago

Has anyone else ever submitted to Idea Lab, been contacted regarding having a Zoom Meeting and then followed through with that meeting? I'm interested in hearing about the process/experience from those who have.

Thanks!
Last edited by DesertPrayer 7 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

FarmMom

Re: Idea Lab

Post by FarmMom » 7 months ago

Here's my beef with the idea lab . . .they are making thousands of dollars off other people's designs, designs that in the normal jewelry world would be considered copywrited material.

On one hand, I think it's a neat idea. BUT, this is SLC we are talking about. Do they SEND you your item FREE OF CHARGE? Likely not. You might be lucky to get a discount, meanwhile, they are making lots of money off you.

Secondly, designing items is tough and expensive. It's MUCH easier for them to hope someone sends them something GOOD that they now can claim as their OWN design, and make lots of money off it.

OR WORSE . . .

you get NOTHING. NADA. ZIP. ZERO. but instead, they design something SIMILAR, and argue it was their own idea.

If it were a fully trust worthy company, I'd go for it. SLC is about as untrustworthy as you can find.
4 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 7 months ago

If I had a great design or a cool idea why would I turn it over to Shop LC for nothing in return? I can’t imagine them even trying to compensate someone for their idea. When they presented the Idea Lab I thought it should be called “Your Idea our profit.”
4 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 7 months ago

ok, to be fair, I hadn't actually looked at their page, only guessed at what the outcome would be.

**GASP***

Nope, I was DEAD NUTS CORRECT (do I know them or do I know them?!) Taken FROM their idea lab page:

"Will I get a reward if my idea is successful?
There is no reward for ideas submitted on Idea Lab."

bing bing bing!

You would be best off going to a local jeweler and having them craft you something. OR, you can find a casting company that will take your idea, draft it into a design, make a mold, cast it and POOF you have your very own ring/pendant/bracelet/necklace. You buy the loose stones online, send them in and they craft the item to fit what you want.

That's what I'm doing at the moment. Right now I'm quoted $500 for a 14k men's ring size 11 set with my star sapphire. But BEST of all, the idea is MINE. No one can legally copy it :)

In regards to a meeting, I see no mention of it. It seems like more of an e-mail notifying you your idea was received. Pretty informal.
5 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 7 months ago

FarmMom and Bella......

Once again you two never cease to amaze me :)
FarmMom so glad you brought up more information regarding that Idea Lab....I have never even heard of it
Your "exposure" of that Lab is right on, thank you!!
4 x

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza » 6 months ago

Actually, just for submitting a legitimate idea they give you 15% off your next purchase. I’ve done it several times. But the key is to make suggestions regarding what types of things to sell, or maybe suggesting that they sell certain items together or ideas/suggestions along those lines. Never suggest your own new (and patentable!) designs/products, etc. I mean, 15% off your next purchase is a nice thank you for suggesting they sell something like RFID blocking wallets. (Maybe they already do, I just pulled that example out of thin air!) But 15% off your next purchase is nothing if you submit an idea for a new product or jewelry design that can make them a fortune! So just be careful what kind of ideas you submit. :D
4 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 6 months ago

Spinoza try coupon LC20 good luck.🤗
2 x

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza » 6 months ago

Thanks, BostonIrish! Those coupon codes come in handy!
1 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 6 months ago

@DesertPrayer

Do you think Michelle would ever marry Tony if he asked her? The two seem to be getting on pretty good lately....
1 x

GemfArMooom

Post by GemfArMooom » 6 months ago

FarmMom wrote:
6 months ago
@DesertPrayer

Do you think Michelle would ever marry Tony if he asked her? The two seem to be getting on pretty good lately....

???
1 x