Which search engine are you using?

Gulfwaterlady

Which search engine are you using?

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 7 months ago

When I first started reading this forum, using a fire tablet, I was always taken taken to posts from three years ago. The first one I saw was posted by GemSnob each and every time. I had to scroll to the bottom and click on the link to get a new topic. That's how I got to the present day posts. I was reading all kinds of things about the two hosts who mocked the customers, covid, etc. Then I got directed to the site T. I didn't know what it was. I asked what T was and why it popped up instead of Shop LC.
Some really nice person here explained to me why this was happening. It depends on the search engine you are using. I then switched to my laptop, another search engine, and never saw those 3 year old posts again.
Bella mentioned she had seen the 3 year old posts too on whatever device she was using.
So, it is very easy to access them. With some technical savvy, I am sure you can copy them into a real time topic on the forum.
Bella mentioned once they are there, they are there forever. She's right.
Now, I get on the forum through the website by clicking on the 'Inside LC' at the top of the opening page. The drop down menu also has the link to the Idea Lab.
2 x

FarmMom

Re: Which search engine are you using?

Post by FarmMom » 7 months ago

How crazy! And curious too!

Did you just google shoplc forum previously? I always just went to slc dot com and clicked Inside SLC just like you mentioned you began doing . . .
1 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 7 months ago

The Inside LC works only once in a while on my laptop or iPad. So, I use community shoplc.com on Google and manage only to see the forum with its history too( 3 years ago), but in this case I can’t post.If I want to post something, I need to use only the menu from the Inside Lc that doesn’t work most of the time thanks to their teenage technology team :lol:
3 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 7 months ago

Good one Druid!
2 x

Gulfwaterlady

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 7 months ago

I was using Google too when I was directed to the three year old posts. On my laptop, I am not using Google so it doesn't happen. Most are the same complaints we have now. But, some of the posts from three years ago are very interesting.
1 x