Well those were a DUD.

FarmMom

Well those were a DUD.

Post by FarmMom » 7 months ago

I don't often change my earrings, (lack of time) and when i NEED earrings is when I realize I don't HAVE many.

The other day I hosted a fun "dress-up event" for a few teen daughters of my friends (they needed dresses for the school dance and could not afford one - my teen daughters left all theirs behind so I thought I could put them to better use).

Anyway, I decided to go the full 9 yards and put on a fancy dress, makeup and bling, including earrings. I had a pair of half hoop rhinestone earrings in sterling, and they hadn't been cheap -- they had been the fancy rhinestone ones.

I went to put them on and realized with horror . . . . they are BOTH lefties . .. They were not rounded hoops but flattened hoops, and whoever the dumb dumb was that put the order together, never bothered to check (or worse, maybe that's how they are made). It looked absurd! And now useless.

And worse yet, the "sterling" posts that had NEVER been worn and kept in my SLC tarnish free jewelry box, were corroding (or tarnishing), AND the posts were badly bent up.

They looked like $10 earrings, and I'm sure I paid somewhere around $50 for them.

I had thought they'd be a great item as they sparkled like real diamonds and were believable, and at $50 they must be decent quality.

Guess I'll have to make my own. Moissonite is cheap enough to pick up and they are set in your mount when it's cast.
6 x

FarmMom

Re: Well those were a DUD.

Post by FarmMom » 7 months ago

here is the item for your consideration:

Lustro Stella Made with Finest CZ J-hoop Earrings in Platinum Over Sterling Silver 1.80 ctw
1 x

Rolltide

Post by Rolltide » 6 months ago

Last edited by Rolltide 6 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 6 months ago

Depending on their design some earrings have a definite left and right earring. I have a TON of earrings, many are from Shop LC and I think at least 2 pair were designed incorrectly because there should have been a left and a right. Really a dumb oversight on the designers part. I have no other “off” earrings in my collection from other vendors, only from Shop LC. Not surprised!
4 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 6 months ago

@Rolltide

I'm not sure what the deal is unless they are not coating them in rhodium or platinum. But for "high end sterling" it's a bit shocking.

@Bella

I honestly never looked closely at them until I put them on. I have other gemstone earrings, but these were my only hoops. Guess I won't make that mistake twice....
2 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 6 months ago

Hi FarmMom....

So sorry this happened to you :(
I know you always want to have everything looking nice including you :)
The bummer is that you are stuck with them now so I guess next time you buy from ShopLC you will check out your purchase right away :roll:

Stupid fools working at ShopLC in the warehouse are not paying attention as usual :x
2 x