Price giver hosts are mainly men

Post Reply
Tizzy
Posts: 9
Joined: 4 years ago

Price giver hosts are mainly men

Post by Tizzy » 4 months ago

Has anyone noticed that most of the hosts that give the prices are men? (besides Karen & Cheryl) They tend to talk too much and even over the female hosts. Except for Dan, he lets Jessica present items and she does a great job.
Personally I think they like to have the camera on them.
5 x

MayFlowers
Posts: 52
Joined: 11 months ago

Re: Price giver hosts are mainly men

Post by MayFlowers » 4 months ago

So true. I think that's standard across shopping channels. Shop TV has an older demographic that has more traditional values I think is the cause.
Also there is just something about the timbre of a man's voice that has a biological effect on people. Babies fall asleep more easily to it. Idk if it has an affect on sales.
3 x

GemfArMooom
Posts: 165
Joined: 9 months ago

Re: Price giver hosts are mainly men

Post by GemfArMooom » 4 months ago

MayFlowers wrote:
4 months ago
So true. I think that's standard across shopping channels. Shop TV has an older demographic that has more traditional values I think is the cause.
Also there is just something about the timbre of a man's voice that has a biological effect on people. Babies fall asleep more easily to it. Idk if it has an affect on sales.
LOL, well that's definitely a perspective I had NOT considered! Thankyou for that May!
And the bracelets you were asking about, were they in silvertone, gold tone and rose gold tone and had an adjustable lobsterclaw clasp? They were two fat strands lightly laced or twisted, dirt cheap but LOOK AMAZING. Especially on my Frenchton Bulldog puppies for their 6wk photo shoots. UGH! So BOUJI and spot on! My puppy parents LOOOVED the photos :)
3 x

MayFlowers
Posts: 52
Joined: 11 months ago

Re: Price giver hosts are mainly men

Post by MayFlowers » 4 months ago

Yes those are the ones! FarmMom said she used to go broke on Fridays because they had gemstone bead bracelets so I was wondering if those are the exact ones or if there are others.

Your pups sound very cute! I just put plaid scarves on mine but that's a good idea to bedazzle them haha!
2 x

MayFlowers
Posts: 52
Joined: 11 months ago

Re: Price giver hosts are mainly men

Post by MayFlowers » 4 months ago

OHHHH! I just reread your username haha. Good to see you! I get it now. Your puppies sound adorable, that is so fun for you!
2 x

GemfArMooom
Posts: 165
Joined: 9 months ago

Re: Price giver hosts are mainly men

Post by GemfArMooom » 4 months ago

Maybe the gemstone bead necklaces? The ones where half were actually glass and not real, hahhaa?
UGH.

Ridiculous.

Anyway, what type of pups do you have? I also bought the large glass bead "disco ball" stretch bracelets for them, don't remember what they are called but I could look them up for you. Might be arriving today actually. I had bought a white one and it looked GREAT on the pups, but I really wanted a black one for my fawn color pups.

My customers pay a good price for their puppies so I try to maintain a good looking pup ;D
2 x

Penelope~Pit~Stop
Posts: 170
Joined: 4 months ago

Re: Price giver hosts are mainly men

Post by Penelope~Pit~Stop » 4 months ago

MayFlowers wrote:
4 months ago
Yes those are the ones! FarmMom said she used to go broke on Fridays because they had gemstone bead bracelets so I was wondering if those are the exact ones or if there are others.

Your pups sound very cute! I just put plaid scarves on mine but that's a good idea to bedazzle them haha!
Good evening @MayFlowers

Oh I bet your puppies look DARLING with those plaid scarves, what a cute idea :) What kind of Puppies do you have?
1 x

Penelope~Pit~Stop
Posts: 170
Joined: 4 months ago

Re: Price giver hosts are mainly men

Post by Penelope~Pit~Stop » 4 months ago

Tizzy wrote:
4 months ago
Has anyone noticed that most of the hosts that give the prices are men? (besides Karen & Cheryl) They tend to talk too much and even over the female hosts. Except for Dan, he lets Jessica present items and she does a great job.
Personally I think they like to have the camera on them.
Hello @Tizzy

I am glad that you brought this up because I was watching Carrie and Steve a.k.a. Uncle Fester today and I was blown away!!
This guy WOULD NOT SHUT UP :roll:
He kept interrupting her and she was like a person threading water in hopes of staying alive :(

You should have seen it, outrageous behavior just like another male Host who is famous for this type of rudeness
Carrie finally just would speak up and step in and say something about the product they were selling
You could sense her dismay that he was doing this to her though but she handled it like a Lady ;) ;)
2 x

Koalagirl
Posts: 91
Joined: 5 months ago

Re: Price giver hosts are mainly men

Post by Koalagirl » 4 months ago

While I agree that Uncle Fester doesn't shut up, neither does Hunter. I cannot tolerate him and his antics. He is so way over the top and makes so many mistakes. I know most of you love him, but this person does not. Plus he makes sure he is on almost everyday. I turn the channel when he is on.
1 x

User avatar
lah2001
Posts: 180
Joined: 3 years ago

Re: Price giver hosts are mainly men

Post by lah2001 » 4 months ago

Tizzy, yes, I've noticed that they usually have the male hosts give the prices, with the exception of Karen and Cheryl. I think it's laughably old-fashioned. The male hosts should share the spotlight with their co-hosts, and stop interrupting the female hosts when they try to speak.
1 x

Post Reply