Protection and Demolition for your Jewelry in ONE Easy Step!

GemfArMooom

Protection and Demolition for your Jewelry in ONE Easy Step!

Post by GemfArMooom » 7 months ago

This is the SECOND time I have seen this presented, and I still shake my head.

On paper, it sounds like a GREAT idea. A manicure set combined with a jewelry organizer ready to travel with you. Great, right? How cute!

But let's be honest . . . we BUY jewelry boxes to PROTECT our items, and somehow locking them in a small space with several sharp metal objects doesn't strike me as . . . well, SMART.

Granted, most gemstones have a hardness over 5, and likely won't be scratched. But the metal still might, and certainly if ANY of those metal tools slid out during transport and knocked around among your gems (MANY gems have perfect cleavage which means they risk fracturing with certain knocks or blows), well it would be a SAD DAY to find your lovely items in less than perfect condition.

All they needed to do was add a layer of cushioned velvet between the two compartments to amend the issue. It would have been a pretty solid idea overall.

They fully missed the mark here. But hey, it looked cute, right?
2 x

MayFlowers

Re: Protection and Demolition for your Jewelry in ONE Easy Step!

Post by MayFlowers » 7 months ago

HAHA!!! So funny. Yeah their "cooling blanket" the other day had me scratching my head. Some items haven't been fully thought through.
3 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 7 months ago

I saw those presentations as well. Chuck was trying hard to sell that Cooling Blanket, (that didn't sell during any of the other Clearances), even when it was hot out. He didn't seem to be able to convince many to buy. What a ridiculous item. And if the Nail Care Tools are the same ones that were in the Portable Faux Leather Zippered Cases that were sold around the Holidays last year, and I am assuming they had numerous ones left and came up with some other piece of junk, the tools will fall apart and be tumbling all over the Jewelry/Nail Care Box anyway. I am so glad I ordered one only for myself and extra to stay packed in Luggage instead of buying a bunch as Stocking Stuffers or Gifts For Co-workers, Friends or Service Workers since both sets had the Scissors come completely apart during the 1st attempt to be used and the clippers and tweezers were unusable as well. Didn't attempt to use any other products in the cases but I am pretty sure they were junk as well. I would have been so embarrassed if I would have given as gifts. Maybe they will put these items in a "Holiday Mystery Grab Bag".....The Backpack Mystery Grab Bag that American Steve and Marva presented for $19.99 as "A One Time Only", has to be the most bizarre item that I have ever witnessed them trying to sell, of course it was a "All Sales Final". Can't even begin to
imagine what junk they filled those with .....
2 x

GemfArMooom

@Lanai

Good gravy, I'm glad I didn't catch that one. I've heard of cooling pillowcases and even mattress pads, but not blankets. if I remember correctly, my mom used to throw her sheets in the freezer when she was going through menopause, although I don't know if she was STILL going through menopause when she died at age 56?

You know, actually, I'm surprised they haven't come up that opatra LED device in a blanket form . . ., lol, I won't how they'd preset THAT one without too much gaff?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

And in regards to the manicure set it sounds like more Chinese JUNK.

I've had NICE items come apart that I gave as gifts. I NO LONGER GIVE SLC ITEMS AS GIFTS. And also why i WILL NOT buy them to re-sell at my gift shop. Yes, they are low-priced. But you get what you pay for. And I don't want my name on crap. I've had a few friends announce that their gifted ring lost stones after only a few days, and I know on my own SLC items they do tend to catch. I've NEVER had my Charles and Colvard ring catch after 10 years, nor lose a stone.

Personally it would only serve to irritate me if one of my SLC rings lost a stone, but a gifted product LOOKS CHEAP when it comes apart.....
2 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 7 months ago

Absolutely. Made me smile about an Opatra Blanket. If they read your post, then I would not be surprised at all to see that type of item offered. They have manufactured and newly upgraded remanufactured those items so many times it's crazy, that people still purchase them. If all the wonderful " turn back time" benefits are legit and all the Hosts supposedly use them, then by now they should have the skin consistent with childhood. Lol
I also would never purchase any item over $100, that can't be returned. Other Shopping Networks allow returns on the majority of their Clearance Items. The others have already started extended Holiday Returns until the end of January, even if it's been used , you can still return. HSN and QVC began about 2 and a half weeks ago with SHOPHQ following about a week or so later. I guess when your not trying to sell items that you know are junk then your not afraid to have a reasonable return policy....
2 x

Penelope~Pit~Stop

Post by Penelope~Pit~Stop » 7 months ago

Good evening GemfArMooom, Mayflowers and Lanai.....

Where have I've been cause I never even heard of this odd contraption you guys are discussing :o
After reading all of your comments I don't think I want to now...teehee
What a mess and can you imagine how the Hosts feel having to try and peddle that garbage!!

It sounds very unsafe and I love your last sentence Lanai: "I guess when your not trying to sell items that you know are junk then your not afraid to have a reasonable return policy...."
1 x

GemfArMooom

:lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x