Believable dupe

MayFlowers

Believable dupe

Post by MayFlowers » 6 months ago

So I am cheap, but I like jewelry. What is the best, most believable dupe for expensive jewelry?
I am wanting a ring that looks pricey. I have a natural diamond now but I want either lab grown or moissanite to replace.

Radiance by absolute looks too cheap imo. Hate to say it but bought SLC moissanite ring twice, looks way too cheap. Willing to spend up to $5k but only if it's identical to a Harry Winston.
2 x

Penelope~Pit~Stop

Re: Believable dupe

Post by Penelope~Pit~Stop » 6 months ago

@MayFlowers .....

I wish I could help you in this search but I don't know much about expensive jewelry
It was sad to read where you state the two Moissanite rings from ShopLC were not the quality they should have been :(
The way they show in the graphics and on that fancy black background always makes those look so beautiful and sparkling

Did you ever return them for that reason? just curious
0 x

MayFlowers

Post by MayFlowers » 6 months ago

I returned one I paid $300 for because I got a comment from my sister that it looked fake. I'll admit I personally really liked it. It was very sparkly and had a rainbow affect. It's possible my sister was just jealous, but it was enough to return. But one was $40 and I just kept that for costume jewelry rather than return it.
0 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 6 months ago

Hello Ladies,
I have tried several different Moissianite pieces from SLC , varying price ranges including the pieces in 14k Gold. Returned nearly every piece except a couple pair of Stud Earrings. I think their stones look like cut glass. Just my opinion, which, yes, I did tell them the reason for the returns. Purchased some items when they first began selling a few pieces and returned all of those, with stated reason and then waited until it became a regular staple at the Network and tried ordering again but didn't see any improvement, still looked fake, to me. Wasn't purchasing over the top stone sizes or anything like that. It seems to sell well, I guess many like it. I think it just depends on the person likes and dislikes and maybe if they had previously purchased Moissianite from the Originals before SLC began offering. Everyone has different likes and dislikes, if a person likes SLC's Moissianite, then they are certainly getting a good price.
1 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 6 months ago

I love my Lustrous Stella🤗
1 x

GemfArMooom

Post by GemfArMooom » 6 months ago

Hands down Charles and Covard moissonitte. I have an original piece from 2013 with one white and two pinks and micro diamonds accenting all over.

$1800 in 10K gold. It LOOKS like money. It shines and sparkles like nothing seen. Buy it in sizes more reasonable for a showy diamond. Also they stopped making pinks as it was a coating and not a true "color" and would come off. Mine is not worn often (I threw it over the fence once while tossing the horses hay), so everything has lasted.

But I would get them again without question. I have gotten two different SLC moissonite pieces and neither were exciting. I DID buy loose stones on the BIg River store to have put into a ring i designed, and they look amazing, like real diamonds.

Other options are white zircons, white sapphire and white topaz. A NICE white zircon can be pretty pricey. Honestly go for the best looking naturally colored zircon you can find, they will look like a colored diamond. The ones SLC sell are mediocre. When you see a REAL NICE ONE, they look like high quality moissanitte.
0 x

Rolltide

Post by Rolltide » 6 months ago

BostonIrish wrote:
6 months ago
I love my Lustrous Stella🤗
Bella luce
Last edited by Rolltide 6 months ago, edited 3 times in total.
0 x

Rolltide

Last edited by Rolltide 6 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 6 months ago

Agree. I have never traveled with expensive jewelry, except my Wedding Set which didn't come off, especially if going to be flying, and then staying at Resorts, B&B's, Condo's or even Whole Home Rentals. Don't trust the safes provided, nor staff. My late husband and I traveled often to numerous countries and here in the States, we both absolutely hated Cruises, one time was enough for us and agreed never again. We both preferred to fly but myself especially, I like to just get to where I am going, then get a car rental, if necessary, don't really do well in long car rides. Love Boating, love the Ocean but not Cruises. Many friends I have go on them frequently and couldn't wait to be able to book Cruises again as soon as the COVID restrictions were lifted. I certainly wouldn't get on one of those Cruise Ships with all those people packed in there, not just because it's not my thing, but just because of so many people, the many major problems that Industry has had an how so many negative things have been exposed, in the past several years.
I agree with stones previously mentioned. I really like White Sapphires. In the end it's really whatever you like and makes you happy, then go with that!!!!
0 x

Rolltide

Last edited by Rolltide 6 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x