Where is Matt

Sea

Where is Matt

Post by Sea » 6 months ago

Has anyone seen Matt the host at all, I haven’t seen him in quite a while just wondering if he left the show ?
2 x

GemfArMooom

Re: Where is Matt

Post by GemfArMooom » 6 months ago

Hi Sea,

I hadn't realized he was missing until you brought it up. I feel there are several other hosts missing as well, although i can't really say for sure as they often pop back in for a quick show here and there....
2 x

Koalagirl

Post by Koalagirl » 6 months ago

Hi Sea
I asked the same question last week and was told he was only part time and worked behind the scenes. Last I checked, he was still on the meet the hosts page.
3 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 6 months ago

I haven't seen him in at least 3 weeks or more. May have just missed him, but it seems like after Steve started becoming a weekly regular, that I no longer recall seeing Matt hosting. I remember when he first started working for LC , that he had remarked that he wasn't hired to be a Host but was hired for a certain reason but never discussed what that reason was. I assumed it was because he said he had multiple contacts in the business, and maybe it was to help facilitate relationships with gem providers/designers, that sort of thing, but just a guess. I haven't seen Carrie back since she worked a full week of the Night Owl shift a couple weeks ago, maybe I just missed her. Does anyone know if she stayed on as a Host or was just filling in??
3 x

Lanai

I guess anyone watching now sees that Matt is back. Co-Hosting with Hannah. He said he he and his Fiance officially are Texans now, so evidently he's not been on air because they were in the process of moving...
3 x

GemfArMooom

Oh boy . . . they must have offered him a pretty sweet deal for him to decide to move!
3 x

joshuatheemerald

Post by joshuatheemerald » 6 months ago

GemfArMooom wrote:
6 months ago
Oh boy . . . they must have offered him a pretty sweet deal for him to decide to move!
The sad part to me is that for Matt to become a full time host at ShopLC must mean his consistent talk of dealing gems and metals for high-end clients must have been over-exaggerated. I could understand him being remote or coming to LC in person every so often because his travel schedule with dealing for clients made it as such. If that was so successful, I don’t imagine him committing to ShopLc on a more cemented basis. Sad because I think a little less of his “expertise” now.
2 x

GemfArMooom

joshuatheemerald wrote:
6 months ago
GemfArMooom wrote:
6 months ago
The sad part to me is that for Matt to become a full time host at ShopLC must mean his consistent talk of dealing gems and metals for high-end clients must have been over-exaggerated. I could understand him being remote or coming to LC in person every so often because his travel schedule with dealing for clients made it as such. If that was so successful, I don’t imagine him committing to ShopLc on a more cemented basis. Sad because I think a little less of his “expertise” now.

I honestly don't think any of them are real "experts", and likely most are not GIA certified . I just saw a blog written by a gal who decided to get into the jewelry industry and said it takes 3 years to get to the point of being able to take the certification test, and if you miss ONE QUESTION you fail the whole test.

I don't think I myself will ever reach that point (I have no plans to be full time), and certainly most that do work in stores are not certified either. Seems to almost be like a doctor, you have one per facility, depending on how busy you are ;)
1 x

Lanai

I agree with you joshuatheemerald, except I always have thought he over exaggerated everything, most people who Name drop and think highly of themselves are hard to trust anyway. They usually think they are better than others and use Name Dropping to try and earn respect as well as boast their own Ego's. At least that has been my experience with people that have those personality traits.
2 x