Spinoza

Re: Quality of gold chains/necklaces

Post by Spinoza » 4 months ago

Good to know, Serge! Thanks, I hope my rope holds up as well! 🤞
3 x

TerryTalk

Post by TerryTalk » 4 months ago

I haven’t posted in a few years and I am NOT an employee or poser! 😂. I have purchased 10K and 14K gold from SLC (and many other places) and I haven’t had any problems or issues with the gold chains, bracelets, rings, ….. No breakage or problems with their gold. Of course, I check out prices at numerous other vendors before I shop, just like the rest of you do. Have I had other problems with SLC items? Yea, I have, but not with the gold I have purchased! Hope this helps some!
6 x

Spinoza

Thanks for the response, TerryTalk. 😁 Like you, I’ve had a few bad experiences with SLC products but nothing major and most purchases have been fine. Just bought a “test” piece of gold and it looks great, even though it’s quite thin. I bought a petite 10k rope because the price was great and though I knew it would be thin I figured buying 10k would help its strength. So far very happy with it and plan on buying a bigger piece, probably 14k, when I find the right style and a sale price. So far I like ropes and figaros best but there are a couple other styles I would consider too. Again, thanks for your input. It’s encouraging! 😁👍
4 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 4 months ago

Your best bet go to a pawn shop.They will be less.💰
3 x

Spinoza

BostonIrish — Thanks! I thought about that but never checked one out. Now that you reminded me, I definitely will see what a pawn shop has to offer. As long as it’s stamped 14k and I don’t see any flaws in the links I might be able to get a good deal! 😁👍
3 x

GemfArMooom

Post by GemfArMooom » 4 months ago

Honestly you are correct. They pay the customer based on the gold, not the labor. So their resale will be just a bit over that price :)

I did buy some gold studs last year, they went into the carpet. The posts were so short and the backs were rubber, they fell out after 20 minutes, gone forever. And I have VERY tiny ears!

I also have a 10K gold ring with Chrome Diopside. I won't buy anymore gold items (except occassional chain) as it's all cheaply made. A ring shouldn't catch the prongs on stuff, if made correctly. My SLC ring does with the slightest bit. I have a moissonitte engagement ring with LOTS of prongs, and they have NEVER caught ANYTHING (not a SLC ring either).

Like I said, you really do get what you pay for with them. No such thing as a killer deal.
0 x

Koalagirl

Post by Koalagirl » 4 months ago

It's JS who is the one who should be kicked off. Such language. If this was Facebook, he/she would have been locked out by now for their nasty language.
2 x