Quality of gold chains/necklaces

Spinoza

Quality of gold chains/necklaces

Post by Spinoza » 5 months ago

Have any of you purchased a gold chain/necklace from SLC? If so, would you say the quality is as good as from a jeweler? The prices seem better than jewelers near me but I haven’t seen any SLC gold in person so it’s tough to say anything for certain about the quality. I’m considering buying a gold necklace and would love to get feedback from anyone who has already done so. Thanks! 😁
4 x

Rolltide

Re: Quality of gold chains/necklaces

Post by Rolltide » 5 months ago

Last edited by Rolltide 5 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

christee

Post by christee » 5 months ago

I bought a 10k chain from SLC and learned a lesson about rope styles in weights under a certain gram. In my case it was 3gr which I thought was decent until I received the chain and it broke after wearing a couple times. Thin hollow chains are more susceptible to breaking. Also it was made in Peru which I now believe is lower quality compared to Italy. Before that one, I bought a nice 14k paperclip chain and SLC stated a gram weight above what it actually weighed so back it went. From then on I bought their Italian gold over sterling instead.
7 x

GemfArMooom

Post by GemfArMooom » 5 months ago

I bought a 10K rope chain, 18" I think it was the 3mm size? It was useless. Too big for a decent chain for a woman and too thin for a guy so I sent it back.

I always cross shop on the Big River, lots of prices are lower than SLC and easier returns. The only exception is I saw a nice italian gold chain that was an interesting pattern and BOLO (I love bolo) and the Big River had nothing like it, so I took the plunge.

Still waiting to see when it arrives. I'm certain it will be wickedly frail as the gram weight was miniscule, but it will just be for looks and not a pendant.
6 x

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza » 5 months ago

Thanks, christee and GemfArMooom! Appreciate your input! 👍😁

js — Seriously? That’s your best shot at trying to insult me? Oh my. 🤣🤣🤣
7 x

CDK

Post by CDK » 4 months ago

I've bought many gold chains from Shop LC...Initially I shopped Zales etc...chains were 6k to 11k...I purchases comparable chains from Shop LC and I love them...I bought the 44 gram Cuban and 60 gram Franco and several rope chains...The rope chain is 15 grams...I've had them over a year and no issues....I've had my local jeweler look at them and he said he couldn't match price ...Hope thus helps. CDK
8 x

Mapper

Post by Mapper » 4 months ago

Spinoza wrote:
5 months ago
Thanks, christee and GemfArMooom! Appreciate your input! 👍😁

"It" lost it's battle against Michele and now "It" has to attack others. "It" is so predictable! :lol:
5 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 4 months ago

@Js: Wow! Seriously? Your comments are so immature. So that leads me to believe YOU are the one that sent that message to Michele. I take back what I said to you previously. You must be a kid or teenager because I am seeing how you are acting and it ain't pretty, and it ain't welcome here! Grow up!
5 x

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza » 4 months ago

Thanks for your input CDK! Very helpful! 😁
3 x

Js

Post by Js » 4 months ago

You guys take this forum too seriously. Keep on attacking. I'm ok with it because I was right to state the truth regarding Michele. I saw a recent video of Chris where Michele put her face in his face with her cleavage (or lack thereof) and bra strap revealed. Chris was floored. Married men with children are not off limits where Michele goes. She's as cheap of a hussy as the cloths she wears on the show and a true mental case. Ok, I gave you ammunition to start round 2, Spinoza have fun! LOL

[/quote]
0 x