New Topic: Reviews (or Lack Of)

TerryTalk

Re: New Topic: Reviews (or Lack Of)

Post by TerryTalk » 4 months ago

Not worth it to me to try any “hack “ with a photo and post it for any vendor! Definitely NOT worth any of my time or energy at all! 👎
1 x

ForeverFun

Post by ForeverFun » 4 months ago

It's a serious ethical issue -- and a slippery slope. My recent reviews describing a specific product problem were not posted. When customers know they can't trust one aspect of a business, soon they start questioning everything. And eventually stop buying.

Not posting a customer's review says we don't support or respect customers. ShopLC should at least be open about it and state "Only positive reviews will be shown." Or close down the reviews.
3 x

christee

Post by christee » 4 months ago

They permit a few less than stellar reviews otherwise it's blaring obvious what they're up to. Similar issue with 3rd party sellers on Amazon. I used to rely on a product's reviews especially if it had thousands of positives. I bought a usb converter plug and it overheated. Thought it seemed the right thing to do and share what happened and it was posted -but days later the seller had it deleted. I attempted to submit another and a message popped up saying I was blocked.
3 x

WTFarmGirl

Post by WTFarmGirl » 4 months ago

christee wrote:
4 months ago
They permit a few less than stellar reviews otherwise it's blaring obvious what they're up to. Similar issue with 3rd party sellers on Amazon. I used to rely on a product's reviews especially if it had thousands of positives. I bought a usb converter plug and it overheated. Thought it seemed the right thing to do and share what happened and it was posted -but days later the seller had it deleted. I attempted to submit another and a message popped up saying I was blocked.
I see that alot there too, along with SWAPPING out products but using the same link and reviews....
3 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 4 months ago

I have to admit I order quite a lot from Amazon along with several items on Monthly Auto Ship. Yes, I agree, and believe that they are guilty of False Reviews at Times. I try to Narrow the Search Down on Items that are new to me as to where only Verified Purchaser's Reviews are shown and it's surprising how 2,000+ 4-5* Reviews will Narrow down to usually only a Few Hundred and not all Great Reviews. Also, I never trust any reviews that are submitted by Paid Participants in any form including Participation of a Product Review Panel or written in anything other than English, never Global Reviews.
Can't say I have never received a lousy product from Amazon but I can say as a Prime Member, that I have Never had a problem with Delivery except maybe a day or two, not weeks and if I am not satisfied, I have Never had a problem with Returns including prompt refunds, regardless of the reason item is being returned. I appreciate that on most items, especially heavy weight items, that you are allowed to schedule Free Pickup and Returns by UPS so I don't have to try to find time to take to the Post Office or UPS Store and wrestle trying to lift anything heavy. I appreciate the convenience of scheduling a Pickup Return Date, Slapping on the Prepaid Return Sticker and leaving on my Front Porch for Pickup.
The only way that I have ever found to get a poor review submitted to SLC to actually show up on Product Ratings is to Mark the Item as 5* and then submit the True Review of the Product in the Statement Area, have read many others that have done the same if you follow up and read what is submitted and not go by just the Star Rating. Seems It always gets posted then which leads me to believe that it's ran through a Computerized Program to check the number of Stars marked and if less than 4, then the majority are rejected for printed submission and No One at the Company actually reads anything which makes sense as to why there seems to be such Poor Quality Control. I rarely submit a review anymore, unless the Product is really bad, but that's the only way I have been able to get true poor reviews posted on the website.
1 x