Banned?

ExGemLover

Banned?

Post by ExGemLover » 4 months ago

Good evening to all. I have a question about being booted/banned from the forum. I was one of the originals on here and during COVID I tried coming on and kept getting an error message, for almost 3 years now I have not been able to access the forum. I complained to CS and they kept telling me they are working on the problem. I noticed if I did not log in I could get in but if I logged in so I could comment it would eject me from the forum and a page would come up that said it was a technical difficulty. Last night it dawned on me that maybe it was not a technical issue but maybe I was banned so I created a new account using a slightly different name and a different email and sure enough here I am. My question is do any of you know if this is how they keep you out? I told them today that I thought I was being band and wanted to know why and if I am than if I am not good enough to be on the forum then my money is not good enough to spend here. Their answer was they would get back to me.
7 x

Bella

Re: Banned?

Post by Bella » 4 months ago

ExGemlover Hi! Nothing about their website surprises me. I seriously doubt you were banned their website is so glitchy it’s pathetic. I have issues with getting in the forum as well, I have to keep hitting the forum tab over and over to get in it’s been like that for months.
As far as being banned there is really no moderator presence on the forum and generally no one gets banned unless someone raises a stink, and that’s a whole other issue happening now. Nuff said.
6 x

ExGemLover

Back when this first started almost 3 years ago their were moderators that use to punish us and ban us, I have not been able to get in all this time.
5 x

Bella

Well, if they went by the rules of the past we would ALL probably be banned. Times have changed. The only thing that hasn’t is the website… it still sucks!
6 x

TerryTalk

Post by TerryTalk » 4 months ago

Am I incorrect in my thinking that this forum existed BEFORE Covid—-like 2018 or so? I could swear I posted under my same name and email back in 2018–2019! I remember seeing BostonIrish and a Spooky and some others too! Merely curiosity on my part, but when I did post in 2018 or the latest 2019, some people on the forum said that it had existed for about 6—8 months before I posted. I asked how long the forum had been up and running. Covid was hitting the USA in January 2020 and I swear this forum was up and running quite a long while before Covid. Again, just curious and it seems like some people have posted that this started around the time of Covid. Thanks 🙏👍👋
4 x

GemfArMooom

Post by GemfArMooom » 4 months ago

Another original member who was banned (likely you were too, she said a lot of people were taken out) she had to use technical knowhow to work her way back in. But recently it HAS changed to make it easier to come back (as you discovered).

Now they ban people when they are feeling extra grumpy or a certain host raises a stink and just randomly names off names to boot. I honestly have no interest in hosts personal lives, but I WILL make a stink about incorrect info and false claims, whether about a product or someone's gem knowledge. And if that gets them upset, I will not apologize. I cannot stand lying to customers.

Glad to see you back. I have read through some of the Covid posts. It looked like a very sad time when everyone was coming here for a bit of hope, only to be met with more despair thanks to the Mods :(
5 x

Serge

Post by Serge » 4 months ago

Welcome back ExGemLover and yes things have changed and not for the better. I too couldn't get in for about 6 months but I finally could and I never knew what I did wrong except perhaps complain about a host which was needed.
2 x

Kat125

Post by Kat125 » 4 months ago

I remember when Danielle was a moderator on this forum as well as Preston…
I think he was related to Stacy who used to be a host…
4 x

Bella

Do not quote me… but I joined the forum way before Covid at least early 2019. I did not post right away I just read the posts firsts. The forum may have started in 2018 but I can’t swear to that.
And yes Kat125 I remember Danielle and Preston well, sure wish they were still with us on the forum.
3 x

ExGemLover

@TerryTalk yes I was one of the first on the forum which was started way before COVID but I was removed during COVID, right after they started offering vaccines so I have not been able to access the forum in a long time, it is nice to be back. Back when I was on Danielle, Preston and a couple others were monerators and at one point started screening all our post and sometimes it would take a few days for our post to be published because of it and then they started getting rid of us if they did not like what was posted. We even had another place to go chat for a while because of the issues on here. I hope everyone got thru COVID, I worried about that not being able to see who was still here, glad to be back in.
4 x