Awaiting Carrier Pickup

mcole256

Awaiting Carrier Pickup

Post by mcole256 » 4 months ago

I ordered and paid in full, a very expensive Tanzanite ring in platinum, during a Christmas Doorbuster sale. It has been in the "Awaiting Carrier Pickup" for seven days. I have called and phoned customer service, and always reach a very nice person, who assures me that all is well, and that it is on its way. I have talked on numerous occasions to DHL, the carrier, who assures me that they have not received my ring and that it is not on its way. The customer reps promise to look into my package and to contact me with results, but nothing happens. This ring cost me over $5000, and I am at wit's end. What can I do?
4 x

Spinoza

Re: Awaiting Carrier Pickup

Post by Spinoza » 4 months ago

Keep a record of everything Customer Service tells you and any emails you’ve received. And be sure to download/copy your original order and your payment. That way you have proof of your purchase and payment, etc. All you can do is wait in the meantime. All processing & deliveries are running slow or late due to the holiday season. Take a deep breath, relax and give it at least until next week before your package is picked up. DHL is very reliable in my experience. Take care and good luck! 😁🤞👍
3 x

mcole256

Post by mcole256 » 4 months ago

Thank You - I agree; I have never had a problem with DHL, but I believe that the item is still in the warehouse. Actually, I have never had a problem with ShopLC before, having purchased several items in the past year. However, from the time the label is created until it is acknowledged by DHL has never been longer than one day for any of my purchases.
3 x

TerryTalk

Post by TerryTalk » 4 months ago

I would try two different approaches. I just had this problem at the Q. Call and ask to speak with a manager—sometimes they say that a manager will call you back. Politely insisted that you have to speak with a manager and you will hold—I have done this too. I have occasionally had better luck with a personal shopper and I would try that too! My package at the Q was in “preparing package” for over a week. I called and I remained polite—though difficult and was told it would ship out in 48 hours. By some miracle my package shipped out about 3 hours later! 👍. I have had this same problem with SLC twice and for expensive items, 1000.00+ each and I did the call to the manager and the other time to a personal shopper and BOTH times I did receive the items, later than promised, but they arrived in excellent condition! I am really hoping the very best for you and keeping my fingers crossed 🤞 for you! I DO believe that you will receive your item! 🍀👍😁
4 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 4 months ago

DHL is slow! They wait until there are several packages before they will do a pickup. Happens all the time to me. My last package from Shop LC took almost 2 weeks!
4 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 4 months ago

An item of that price point should be overnight express, insured, and signed receipt. Shame on Shop LC for sending out via regular shipping. And from what others have said, they don't add insurance either. Holiday time is open season for mail and porch thieves. Do hope you get your item.
6 x

christee

Post by christee » 4 months ago

Was the ring a 'pre-order'? This seems to add extra time, though I'm unsure how long. Also, I noticed the warehouse is tooo slow preparing an item for pickup. It shouldn't take 3 days to pull it from inventory and put it in the plastic shipping bag and attach label.
3 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 4 months ago

From what I've experienced, once dhl has the pkg it transfers the pkg to USPS. That's another story. Yes, it's worse during this time of year. Between the warehouse delays and the carrier delays. I hope you get your item soon.
4 x

CDK

Post by CDK » 4 months ago

This happened to me one time...I had no idea it was a pre-order item and the waiting period was 15 days...
4 x

Kat125

Post by Kat125 » 4 months ago

I dislike DHL service … they have lost many of my orders… I ordered a blue mosaic little lamp on 11/17
…On 11/21 DHL says awaiting carrier pickup in Houston…
I live 3 hrs from Houston…
However, I called customer service & got a great solution & this issue now resolved
DHL 0
Me 1 YAY
3 x