Face/Neck Wrinkles Be Gone?

CDK

Re: Face/Neck Wrinkles Be Gone?

Post by CDK » 4 months ago

I'm a guy, and I have the machine with the little needles that go into your face, then I slap on some retinoid moisturizer...my bathroom looks like a crime scene when I'm finished but no crows feet and I'm in my 40's
6 x

Penelope~Pit~Stop

Post by Penelope~Pit~Stop » 4 months ago

@Druid, @Bella, @Lacy .....

I am exactly like you are, I have been using good products since I was 17 years old, stopped using soap on my face then
Thank goodness I worked since then and was able to buy my products cause my Mom said if I wanted to get the good stuff I would be paying for them :lol:

I am a Senior now, (over 68) and I still use good items but the Eye creams are tricky
Lately I have been getting puffiness on the under eyes and I have read many reviews about this and that but I always like real reviews from people that have used certain products
You gals have provided some helpful tips :) THANK YOU !!
4 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 4 months ago

CDK, hey you’re a stamper! I do a derma roller. I have used both though. I do it once a month.
You’re right Penn on eye creams they are tricky! I’m not faithful on using a particular brand of eye cream I just mix it up occasionally. I get bored using the same eye product over and over. I can’t use anything that has fragrance or stings though my eyes are sensitive.
3 x

TerryTalk

Post by TerryTalk » 4 months ago

Many thanks 🙏👍👍👍 for all the posts regarding items that some of you use on your face/neck and are happy with your products!!! I do use Wen, Olay, and Aveeno and occasionally switch up with a new product or two! I use sunscreen all the time. I was and still am always interested in what people use and like and get results! I haven’t used any micro-current devices or anything like Opatra face shields (not sure what they call the device) or any device around the eyes. I don’t have crows feet, but I do get under eye puffiness and occasionally dark circles. I am seeing marionette lines and I probably not ever going to get fillers or Botox (no judgement, just my choice. I have always enjoyed using different makeup products and beauty products and it’s fun to hear what people like and use! Again, many thanks to ALL of you that responded! 🙏 It’s been fun and will continue to be fun to read your posts regarding the items you use like! I am going to try a couple of your recommendations very, very soon! Thanks again everyone!😁👍
4 x

WTFarmGirl

Post by WTFarmGirl » 4 months ago

Lacy wrote:
4 months ago
All these routines sound great. (as I stated on a prev. Post) I use a micro current machine, I don't go overboard. I Love it and it's results. I use Elizabeth grant products with it. We all have different needs for skincare. My theory is we all are beautiful the way we are. A little help never hurts.
Very well said Lacy! I think you are right, we tend to fret too much over how we look (most guys are lucky to care enough to shave their faces before leaving the house) and we forget how beautiful we really are :D
4 x

WTFarmGirl

Post by WTFarmGirl » 4 months ago

@CDK That sounds very intense! I was always fearful of those needle machines putting bacteria right into my skin, haha!

@Penelope~Pit~Stop Have you looked into rose quartz facial rollers? I got into them when some movie star was asked why her skin looked so amazing and she said the only thing she did was use a rose quartz roller morning and night. They are cheap enough online for under $20. I find it helps soothe headaches and takes a bit of sinus congestion down too. They are double sided with a larger end and a smaller end for under the eyes. It might help take puffiness down :)

@Druid I'm with you on the changing skin creams. I used to use the lightest stuff possible, now I'm putting pure fat on my face and it's STILL somewhat dry, hahah! The search for the perfect 'cream" has been long and rough (and expensive). Hey Honey night cream was my favorite, it locked in moisture AND reduced wrinkles without irritating my face. I cannot do retinol, it burns my face. Currently using "Youth to the People" which is lighter than I normally like but decent at moisturizing and goes on sale more often ;)

I had a subscription through Ipsy for a while, and received lots of great skincare samples. if you have younger female relatives to get gifts for, an Ipsy subscription is great! It's skincare, haircare and make-up, lots of lesser known high quality brands.
3 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 4 months ago

I have used so many Brands of Skincare over the years, I can't even remember the Names of them all. I have used Isomers Products, only, for the past year or so and although expensive, last a very long time because it takes very little product to be effective. It works better for my skin than any other that I have used. I also have several of the Opatra Products, but I wish I would have shopped around and researched the Best Recommended Products in this Group of Skincare Items before Purchasing instead of just taking SLC'S word. I'm not normally that careless and most always do much research on items prior to purchasing especially when it comes to Skincare. The Brand is not recommended or recognized as a Company that has the best quality of these products and there are many brands that are much better rated and priced. I suggest Researching Independent Reviews of these type of Items along with Various Pricing as everyone has different skin needs and results vary with all of us.
Last edited by Lanai 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
5 x

CDK

Post by CDK » 4 months ago

@WT Farm Girl...I was worried too...I make sure the equipment is kept clean... I use 99% alcohol from Tom Thumb...The retinoid cream keeps me from breaking out...I've been using for a year and my complexion glows...I'm not going to lie, it hurts like h*ll...Have a great weekend!Cole
4 x

Serge

Post by Serge » 4 months ago

I was lucky because I worked at Christmas in the cosmetic dept at a store and the ladies told me to start using creams on my face and neck then. This was in the early 70's when it was not the norm as most didn't worry about aging. I'm almost 70 and don't look near my age and I would have to thank those ladies for their advice. I think it's so sad how much people are worried about getting wrinkles when they should just enjoy life. We're all going to get wrinkles and I personally consider them laugh lines!
1 x

Penelope~Pit~Stop

Post by Penelope~Pit~Stop » 4 months ago

@WTFarmGirl ....

Thanks for the tip and yes I have used a roller with Shungite but not the one you mention
My pocket book doesn't allow me to keep trying different products but thankfully I am not dealing with the wrinkles all over (at my age a few crows feet are minor)
I agree that we need to just enjoy the aging process :)

A natural clean face is better than looking at the Botox Princess any day :lol:
1 x