What you SEE isn't what you GET

WTFarmGirl

What you SEE isn't what you GET

Post by WTFarmGirl » 4 months ago

It's always tricky to figure out HOW MUCH of a game the camera plays with an item shown on TV with SLC.

You always wonder how much is exaggerated . . .

yesterday they had "jeweled stainless steel water bottles". The turn table showed a bright, kunzite pink bottle along with the normal silvers, golds and whites.

In hand on the host table however, it displayed a pale, pink diamond color.

WHICH IS THE TRUE COLOR???

But it does make you think . . . how much of what you see shown on TV is ACTUALLY what you will receive??
8 x

joshuatheemerald

Re: What you SEE isn't what you GETp

Post by joshuatheemerald » 4 months ago

I saw the same show, and noticed the discrepancy too! I’m so glad you posted about it.

I also noticed a similar thing with lighting once on one of those fat burning wearable machines they show. When they moved the camera to the model and she said something like “look at the results after only 10 minutes”, the lights on her were noticeably brighter so as to wash out the skin tone and make it appear to be smoother than it was. Tsk tsk tsk!
4 x

WTFarmGirl

Re: What you SEE isn't what you GET

Oh, I hadn't even thought to look at that before!
1 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 4 months ago

I saw the same thing I liked the hot pink but not pale pink.I went online and on T they had it for 16.00 🤔 They also had the cups with lids with many Moore colors. I did not buy any.
3 x

WTFarmGirl

BostonIrish wrote:
4 months ago
I saw the same thing I liked the hot pink but not pale pink.I went online and on T they had it for 16.00 🤔 They also had the cups with lids with many Moore colors. I did not buy any.
I think SLC was offering "free shipping" on those too, lol, and we all know it's not really "free" ;) ;)
3 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 4 months ago

So true nothing is free. I think they buy from the co. that is selling them for less. My Father was in the close out business in the 70s and 80s He had shows in New York Chicago Vegas back them they made a killing. He would always explain mark up and laugh when I would say its 50% off he would say no no no.😊
2 x

WTFarmGirl

Well well well . . . saw the presentation again last night and lo and behold, NO PINK (or blue). I'm sure the hosts would have claimed it 'sold out", but BOTH the colors are available on the website.

Which brings me to my NEXT post . . .
2 x

HS

Post by HS » 3 months ago

The worst is diamonds. It seems like the smaller the diamond, the "cloudier" they are.

A 2 carat plus SI or I1 can be quite stunning, but in 3 pointers or less, uh yeah. I've seen sea salt with more sparkle.

JTV is the worst. They look decent on television. Not so much in person.
0 x